especially for BASS applications, as it has an optional thumbnail generator for audio files. Filesystem Dialogs features:
1. All column position/width and sorting settings are saved for EVERY application and/or you can choose to ALWAYS USE your favourite view mode!
2. Has a very hiqh quality thumbnail mode (that supports much more formats then the default Windows dialog, and display audio files too (!) Taged with ID3v2 and containing a SESC frame.
3. Drag&Drop for files/folders (you can drop files from Windows explorer onto the window too).
4. In thumbnail mode if pictures are found inside the folder, the folder's neme is above the thumbs, if no picture is found it's on the center (looks very good).
5. If bass.dll is found thumbnails are generated from all audio files (all file formats that BASS actually supports, or there is plugin loaded for the particular format) so is particularly usefull for applications using BASS.
NOTE: It's not enough to copy a bass.dll into the folder, Filesystem Dialogs expects a fully initialized BASS state.
6. And the most important: Has a customizable favorite folders list on the left, which serves you with one easy click always!
I am working on a patch, that will force every windows open/save file dialog to Filesystem Dialogs, but the .dll is available as a usual free/shareware/commercial component for everyone! If I manage to bring out a reliable dialog replacement prog. it will be shareware or something... :,
.dll and pascal wrapper included, it can be used with any developing environement as it is using a simple stdcall
with a structure, please read the docs, very simple.
Download: Filesystem Dialogs 1.2