Author Topic: IT effect not played correctly  (Read 5296 times)

bigboo

IT effect not played correctly
« on: 28 Jun '03 - 12:06 »
ftp://ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/lamerx.it

stereo pan effect problem (sound should going from left to right but it stay in middle)

play this music with modplug or latest in_mod to compare
http://x-fixer.narod.ru/progs/index.html#inmod (it's an uptaded version from the one in winamp 2.91)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: IT effect not played correctly
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun '03 - 11:50 »
It's sorted now, ready for the next release... it was ignoring the "panbrello" effect in samples-only IT files.

bigboo

Re:IT effect not played correctly
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov '03 - 17:55 »
Hi I found some problems in xmplay 2.8.3:

lamerx.it
channel 5 & 6
panbrello (Yxx) effect is still not working correctly in xmplay 2.8.3 (compare to modplug with headphones it's very easy to hear)

Soundtracker playback is not working at all in latest version of xmplay and BASS 2.0 but was working in xmplay 2.7
I've uploaded three different soudtracker format modules here
ftp://ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/soundtracker.zip

Pike84

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov '03 - 19:36 »
panbrello (Yxx) effect is still not working correctly in xmplay 2.8.3
It shouldn't be, it's sorted for the next release. That would be 3.0 ;). You can always ask Ian to mail you the beta for testing and stuff, though.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov '03 - 19:37 by Pike84 »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov '03 - 19:53 »
This is an old thread Pike84, the next release is/was 2.8 ;D

lamerx.it
channel 5 & 6
panbrello (Yxx) effect is still not working correctly in xmplay 2.8.3 (compare to modplug with headphones it's very easy to hear)

Listen to it in Impulse Tracker ;)

Soundtracker playback is not working at all in latest version of xmplay and BASS 2.0 but was working in xmplay 2.7

Old 15-sample MOD files are not supported, because they do not have any identification. If they were working previously, they were probably being played by a Winamp plugin.

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov '03 - 20:00 »
This is an old thread Pike84, the next release is/was 2.8
Whoopee! Always love to make an ass out of myself publicly :P.

bigboo

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov '03 - 20:07 »
Listen to it in Impulse Tracker

I don't know how to load IT under windows 2000, so I used modplug tracker, but if you have listened it in impluse tracker you know how this module should sound better than me!  ;)

Old 15-sample MOD files are not supported, because they do not have any identification. If they were working previously, they were probably being played by a Winamp plugin.

that's not true, xmplay 2.7 played all soundtracker 15-sample module I have correctly without any additional plug-in, just test it yourself with the zip file I sent!

That's also the case for bass.dll 1.6 (used in foobar2000 for example) soundtracker playback worked but now with the latest foobar2000 0.73a with BASS.DLL 2.0 I only have an error message.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov '03 - 20:16 »
I don't know how to load IT under windows 2000, so I used modplug tracker, but if you have listened it in impluse tracker you know how this module should sound better than me!  ;)

Yes, and it sounds the same in XMPlay ;D

(ie. MPT plays it wrong)

that's not true, xmplay 2.7 played all soundtracker 15-sample module I have correctly without any additional plug-in, just test it yourself with the zip file I sent!

That's also the case for bass.dll 1.6 (used in foobar2000 for example) soundtracker playback worked but now with the latest foobar2000 0.73a with BASS.DLL 2.0 I only have an error message.

15-sample MODs have never been supported by XMPlay or BASS. In the FB plugin, Kode translates them to 31-sample MODs before passing them to BASS.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov '03 - 20:18 by Ian @ un4seen »

bigboo

« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov '03 - 21:00 »
15-sample MODs have never been supported by XMPlay or BASS. In the FB plugin, Kode translates them to 31-sample MODs before passing them to BASS.

OK I have just downloaded xmplay 2.7 to test and you're right 15-sample mods never worked! ;D
maybe it's deliplayer that play them right I'm confused!

So this is a bug in latest foobar module plug-in, I'll post about it there, I'm sorry to have bothered you!

Ah and just one last question  :) :
xmplay can use sync interpolation for modules, but in foobar mod  plug-in only standard interpolation is available. Are you planning to add this in a future version of BASS.DLL?

ninja

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul '06 - 07:10 »

Listen to it in Impulse Tracker

I don't know how to load IT under windows 2000, so I used modplug tracker, but if you have listened it in impluse tracker you know how this module should sound better than me!  ;)

die modplug tracker!!!

« Last Edit: 7 Jul '06 - 07:16 by ninja »

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Re: IT effect not played correctly
« Reply #10 on: 7 Jul '06 - 20:19 »
Thread necromancy! ;D