2 Oct '14 - 03:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloading x-mplayer2  (Read 136719 times)
adam43

« on: 8 Aug '06 - 22:59 »

I am trying to view a page which requires that I download x-mplayer2 which I am told is a Mime type.

Can anyone direct me to a site where I can download this?

Thanks guys/gals

Adam
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug '06 - 01:04 »

The full MIMEtype would be "application/x-mplayer2", right? This means, the website you're trying to view wants you to install the Windows Media Player (or it can't find any plugin).

This has nothing to do with "XMPlay" (yes, this is the full name, no -er at the end).
adam43

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug '06 - 13:47 »

x-mplayer is the full name. i have already downloaded windows media player but it keeps rebuffering interfering with the program.

What else can I download? How do I download x-mplayer.
Dotpitch

« Reply #3 on: 9 Aug '06 - 14:41 »

You are trying to view a website? In Internet Explorer? This MIME-type points at the Windows Media Player plugin, so you can play audio and video inside the browser. You won't find it here, because this forum is for XMPlay, a standalone audioplayer.

The plugin should be installed with Windows Media Player, you can get it from the Microsoft website. If you're using a different browser, the developers will have some info on plugins written down somewhere, either in the helpfile or on their own site.
adam43

« Reply #4 on: 9 Aug '06 - 16:12 »

I am actually trying to play a piece of video on safari on mac osx. And I have downloaded windows media player.

which plugin for safari do i have to install for xmplay.

Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #5 on: 9 Aug '06 - 18:55 »

You could try getting Mplayer for OS X. As far as I know, it includes a browser plugin which enables you to watch Windows Media content, too. I'm just not too sure about whether it works with Safari; just try it out and you'll know. It works with Firefox for sure.
Dotpitch

« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug '06 - 19:04 »

XMPlay is not a plugin. XMPlay can't play video. XMPlay doesn't run on Mac.

For update on Apple-software, you should look on the Apple-site. For plugin offered by Microsoft (such as the WMP-plugin), you should look on the Microsoft-site. Click here for the first response I got from Google, install it properly and it should work. Plugin is made especially for Safari, as you can read.
maxterwarex
« Reply #7 on: 22 Nov '06 - 18:32 »

Theres some .dll files you have to copy from windows media player folder and put in FF plugins folder.

npwmsdrm.dll
npdsplay.dll

I believe its just those two (thats all i see thats the same between the 2 folders)
« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec '06 - 23:12 »

Theres some .dll files you have to copy from windows media player folder and put in FF plugins folder.

npwmsdrm.dll
npdsplay.dll

I believe its just those two (thats all i see thats the same between the 2 folders)

THANK YOU!!!!
I googled to find a solution to this problem and this works great.  Did a Search for those files, copied, pasted into the plugins folder in Mozilla Firefox. 

Works like a dream.

Stefani AuBu
« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec '06 - 14:17 »

I am trying to use this fix, but I can't find these files at all under media player.  Huh
Tsorovan

« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec '06 - 22:54 »

They should be under "%programfiles%\Windows Media Player"
Dingos
« Reply #11 on: 6 Dec '06 - 00:07 »

Hey there, I've been browsing around the net and I see a few of us have crashed these good people's site here regarding XMPlay, not at all related to application/x-mplayer2.

But I found an answer to the issue. I was attempting to play streaming internet radio on my Firefox browser and was getting the same plugin error. I found the fix before I saw this forum and got it working. I hope this helps any passersby, and I thank this site for bearing with us.  Smiley

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

A quick explanation someone recommended in this thread. He is correct, you need the DLL files. The x-mplayer2 plugin is contained within the dll. Go to the link--the explanation and fix is in there.

Thank you for your patience, un4seen!
clasto
« Reply #12 on: 9 Dec '06 - 10:49 »

npwmsdrm.dll
npdsplay.dll

thank you very much. this works really great.
quick and fast solution. thanks very much!!
amber
« Reply #13 on: 21 Dec '06 - 03:04 »

hmmmmmmmmm i have windows vista and there under media player folder no smell off those files?HuhHuhHuhHuh?? with .dll
Cris

« Reply #14 on: 21 Dec '06 - 06:30 »

hmmmmmmmmm i have windows vista and there under media player folder no smell off those files?HuhHuhHuhHuh?? with .dll
Maybe the file extensions are hidden? Look in Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide extensions for known file types <-it should be unchecked for you to see all files' extensions (this is for WinXP. I'm not sure if WinVista has the same settings, but you can look)
Paulo101
« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec '06 - 09:06 »

I just got a new puter and had the exact same issue with a needed plugin in Firefox 2.0. A popup recommends that you DL a Microsoft plugin, but that doesn't work.  Curiously, my other computer also had FF 2.0 but had no problems.

The solution is to install the suggested .dll files (npdsplay.dll and npwmsdrm.dll)  If you can't find them on your computer, just Google them and download them.  Then copy directly to the FireFox plugins folder.  Works like a charm.
Brian

« Reply #16 on: 26 Dec '06 - 10:00 »

I can't understand why this thread keeps going when it has nothing whatsoever to do with XMPlay.
Jerry
« Reply #17 on: 26 Dec '06 - 19:52 »

Thanks for this thread...helped me out a lot!
raina

« Reply #18 on: 26 Dec '06 - 21:59 »

And would this be the cue to cork it?
mashl
« Reply #19 on: 27 Dec '06 - 06:20 »

Hey there, I've been browsing around the net and I see a few of us have crashed these good people's site here regarding XMPlay, not at all related to application/x-mplayer2.

But I found an answer to the issue. I was attempting to play streaming internet radio on my Firefox browser and was getting the same plugin error. I found the fix before I saw this forum and got it working. I hope this helps any passersby, and I thank this site for bearing with us.  Smiley

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

A quick explanation someone recommended in this thread. He is correct, you need the DLL files. The x-mplayer2 plugin is contained within the dll. Go to the link--the explanation and fix is in there.

Thank you for your patience, un4seen!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: