Author Topic: Can the effect used in bass_fx be decoded into wave file?  (Read 2591 times)

Sky

Hi,

I am new to bass.Would like to enquire whether the effects I used in bass_fx(tempo,pitch,samplerate) be able to decode into a wav file?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Sky :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Yep, use the BASS_STREAM_DECODE flag in the BASS_FX_TempoCreate call. You can then use BASS_ChannelGetData to decode data to write to a WAV file (see the WRITEWAV example).

sky

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your prompt reply.I shall try it tonite  :)

Cheers
Sky

sky

Hi Ian,

I managed to decode the effects into the wavefile but how do I actually add-on the effects for echo(DSP_FX_DSP_SET) into the wave file? Is there any decode flag that I can use for this case?

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

Regards
Sky :)

(: JOBnik! :)

Hi ;D

Just set the effect on the created decode handle ;)

sky

Hi,

I manage to keep it working but as for the flange effect added, there is some weird sound being heard. As compared bass_fx(flange effect) to the sample program used in BASS_ChannelSetDSP(flange), i can tell that there is a plane flying across. Shall I use "chorus" to perform this flange effect?

Thanks a lot!

Regards
sky :)

(: JOBnik! :)

Hi ;D

BASS_FX_DSPFX_FLANGER is actually the same effect as in DSPTest example, but with some little changes to provide 8/16/32-bits support and multi-channel support.

Please provide a sample .Wav or .MP3 and your code for adding an effect.