Author Topic: Some questions (about WAClassic2 and Matroska)  (Read 664 times)

tongub

I just tested XMPlay and I really like it! With the WAClassic2 skin it just looks like my old beloved Winamp.

There's just one bug that keeps me from switching right now: it's impossible to minimize the playlist. The icon toggles, but the playlist window does not change. The main window minifies just perfectly. Keeping the playlist open all the time is no option sadly.

Can XMPlay read Matroska Audio (mka) files? I have a bunch of Opus encoded audiobooks in mka, but XMPlay won't play them.

Is it possible to disable the tag reading when dragging&dropping files into the playlist (as in, read the tag only when starting to play)? When I drop a few hundred files, XMPlay reads every single tag and that's annoying.

Dotpitch

Re: Some questions (about WAClassic2 and Matroska)
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan '18 - 16:38 »
Is it possible to disable the tag reading when dragging&dropping files into the playlist (as in, read the tag only when starting to play)? When I drop a few hundred files, XMPlay reads every single tag and that's annoying.
Use the NoScanList=1 Secret Setting.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan '18 - 17:47 »
I just tested XMPlay and I really like it! With the WAClassic2 skin it just looks like my old beloved Winamp.

There's just one bug that keeps me from switching right now: it's impossible to minimize the playlist. The icon toggles, but the playlist window does not change. The main window minifies just perfectly. Keeping the playlist open all the time is no option sadly.

That little switch toggles the "Auto-resize" option in XMPlay, which makes the info window automatically resize to fit its contents (doesn't affect the playlist/library modes though). You could click the button next to it to close the window instead. Note you can also use keyboard shortcuts (F1-F5 by default) to open/close/switch the info window.

Can XMPlay read Matroska Audio (mka) files? I have a bunch of Opus encoded audiobooks in mka, but XMPlay won't play them.

No, Matroska files unfortunately aren't currently supported.

The "NoScanList" XMPLAY.INI option mentioned by Dotpitch has been extended in the XMPlay 3.8.3.4 update (on the XMPlay page now) with 2 new settings:

1 = disable info scanning for playlist entries that include length info
2 = disable info scanning for all playlist entries
3 = disable info scanning for all files (from a playlist or otherwise)

Note this "NoScanList" option does not affect adding files to the library, unless they were added to the playlist first.

Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan '18 - 04:04 »
Secret settings page has been updated.