Author Topic: XMPlay AHX/HivelyTracker plugin  (Read 96301 times)

Coma

Re: XMPlay AHX/HivelyTracker plugin
« Reply #75 on: 15 Apr '07 - 12:20 »
I found out myself. It works with the default skin, but not with the PowerDee skin.

raina

« Reply #76 on: 15 Apr '07 - 17:23 »
It's related to number of channels. HVL files typically have more and the vis seems to require quite a lot of space horizontally before it displays. It works with HVL files here because I'm using a wip skin with a tiny little font. Bigger font skins may be unable to display the pattern for HVL files at all without stretching the window wider than your desktop.

deus-ex

« Reply #77 on: 15 Apr '07 - 18:01 »
I think it's not related to any skin, font or number of channels. For following HVL-modules there doesn't seem to be a pattern display produced by the plugin at all:

Code: [Select]
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/mirrors/ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/HivelyTracker/Syphus/a moon light.hvl
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/mirrors/ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/HivelyTracker/Syphus/afterstorm.hvl
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/mirrors/ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/HivelyTracker/Syphus/meltwater.hvl
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/mirrors/ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/HivelyTracker/Syphus/top gun anthem.hvl

ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/mirrors/ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/HivelyTracker/Varthall/yoake no myoujou.hvl

Tried different skins and playing with the "Shrink pattern..." value (see MOD-tab in preferences), didn't help any.

Jace

« Reply #78 on: 15 Apr '07 - 19:41 »
Dare to disagree.

Proof.

The thing is just that the pattern isn't shown at all if the full width doesn't fit. And DAMN, I want that continuous pattern view for regular modules too! :D
(Or if it already is there and I've just failed to notice it, please let me know. Did have a semi-thorough look through the options dialog though.)

<edit> Whoopty. Link fixed.</edit>
« Last Edit: 15 Apr '07 - 21:33 by Jace »

deus-ex

« Reply #79 on: 15 Apr '07 - 20:11 »
Dare to disagree.

Proof.ough.)

Link is invalid.

Fraggie

« Reply #80 on: 15 Apr '07 - 20:19 »
Jace is right. If the patterns don't show, just stretch the window by hand or go fullscreen. (This is a bug of course.) On horizontal desktop size of 1200 pixels, 16 channel HVLs fit okay. The other problem is that HivelyTracker has two effects per note, so some kind of shrinking will be necessary if I put the second effect in...

Mr.Eeh

« Reply #81 on: 16 Apr '07 - 15:23 »
xmp-ahx.txt still says it needs 3.3  :PP
Correct that ASAP.

deus-ex

« Reply #82 on: 16 Apr '07 - 17:03 »
xmp-ahx.txt still says it needs 3.3  :PP

Not the version available at MODLAND.  ;D

Fraggie

« Reply #83 on: 17 Apr '07 - 20:53 »
Rev.10a released:
 - pattern viewer fixes

deus-ex

« Reply #84 on: 17 Apr '07 - 21:13 »
Rev.10a released:
 - pattern viewer fixes

Confirmed. Thanks, Fraggie. :)

Mr.Eeh

« Reply #85 on: 21 Apr '07 - 18:33 »
Fraggie, would it be hard to implement stereo pan separation for AHX's? (dont know if native plugins are allowed to do so.. [slider got left out in 3.4 default skin])

That would be cool for eg. when listening with headphones to mix left and right channels over each other somehow..

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: 22 Apr '07 - 09:39 by Mr.Eeh »

SHIN

« Reply #86 on: 22 Apr '07 - 10:50 »
hi.
I can't use this plugin on my PC. :'(

It warns I need Ver.3.4 XMPlay yet I use Ver.3.4 actually.
I have suspected combination of plugins making this error, so reinstall new XMPlay into other folder and tried, but same message pops up... :(

Hummm, what's happening... ???

My OS is XP Mediacenter Editon (Japanese)

I can't use Delix plugin as well.
I will write about it in that thread too...

Mr.Eeh

« Reply #87 on: 22 Apr '07 - 11:34 »
It warns I need Ver.3.4 XMPlay yet I use Ver.3.4 actually.
It needs http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe.

SHIN

« Reply #88 on: 22 Apr '07 - 16:26 »
It needs http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe.

Thanx, Mr Eeh! ;)
This XMPlay can load AHX plugin without warning message. It must be a most updated version of XMPlay.

Now with AHX and Delix plugins, my XMPlay becomes most powerful palyer I have...  :D

Fraggie

« Reply #89 on: 23 Apr '07 - 10:38 »
Fraggie, would it be hard to implement stereo pan separation for AHX's? (dont know if native plugins are allowed to do so.. [slider got left out in 3.4 default skin])
Will do. (Eventually.)

That would be cool for eg. when listening with headphones to mix left and right channels over each other somehow..
Switch the surround option on! (I actually developed this plugin with my headphones on, not to disturb the whole building with those squeaky sounds... So I thought the current channel crossover would be okay for everyone.  8) )

Mr.Eeh

« Reply #90 on: 24 Apr '07 - 10:14 »
Switch the surround option on!
I do that, but setting stuff myself would be the nicest.  8)
(I actually developed this plugin with my headphones on, not to disturb the whole building with those squeaky sounds... So I thought the current channel crossover would be okay for everyone.  8) )
Thanks for looking into adding this!!!!!11

« Last Edit: 28 Apr '07 - 09:40 by Mr.Eeh »

Fraggie

« Reply #91 on: 26 May '07 - 08:30 »
Revision 11 (0.0.11.0) is up...

Changes since revision 10a:
 - updated replay code (HivelyTracker 1.4 ready)
 - Dot-Mode visualisation (a'la Cubic Player :) )
 - update notification support

To switch to the dot-mode you have to middle-click the vis window. You can also bind a hotkey for this.
When dots stretch it means that filtering is being applied to the sound.
« Last Edit: 26 May '07 - 08:41 by Fraggie »

Ieremiou

« Reply #92 on: 21 Jul '07 - 01:22 »
Seems I've run into an AHX file that crashes XMPlay.
I've attached it to my post so you can get it easily.
It is R.O.T.R by Pink.
It works fine using the Hively Tracker command line player 1.3 (windows version).
When I open it into XMPlay, it immediately crashes XMPlay and says that the problem comes from the xm-ahx.dll.
Code: [Select]
AppName: xmplay.exe AppVer: 3.4.1.0 ModName: xmp-ahx.dll
ModVer: 0.0.11.0 Offset: 0000472e

Not sure why it is doing it but it seems to work with Pink's other tunes.

Fraggie

« Reply #93 on: 11 Aug '07 - 13:35 »
AHX plugin version 11a (0.0.11.1) has been released.
This is a critical update. It includes fix for crashing on latest XMPlay versions.

Ieremiou

« Reply #94 on: 13 Aug '07 - 02:58 »
Thanks for the update, Fraggie. No crashing  ;D

syphus

« Reply #95 on: 14 Aug '07 - 17:37 »
Cheers for all the hard work on the plugin, Fraggie, but I've got a few bombshells over here... I'll send you a private message with links to two HVLs which crash the latest XMplay with the latest AHX/HVL plugin. As it happens, one of them had an issue with the last plugin version which I didn't get a chance to tell you about - the song-end detection was wrong and it would loop to the beginning about ten seconds before it was finished! Anyway, it *did* play and now it doesn't. I'm sending them privately because one of them's an entry from the HivelyTracker compo which Xeron has asked me to keep private/unreleased.

The other thing... I was wondering if you could implement some more stereo options in the plugin? I like the way the surround effect works on AHX (though I don't use it myself) but it would be good if the surround option was separate from another, new, panning percentage slider, perhaps. As well as that, it would be great to have separate options for .hvl and .ahx - especially with the new Hively version that allows per-instrument panning, I think explicit panning will become more widespread in .hvl files, and the surround (or a percentage panning slide) would mess with that.

Forgive me if this is getting complicated - what I mean is:

AHX panning options: % slider (like for .MOD in xmplay)

HVL behaviour: HVL or AHX?   (to support hvl files with no specified panning, so that playback behaves like ahx...although maybe this could be done automatically with detection)

Global surround effect: On/Off

Hope that's fairly clear...maybe there could even be a toggle option to follow XMplay's .mod % slider - perhaps this would be easier? I don't know!

Anyway, cheers - I'll send those hvls now:)

Edit: Sent to your gmail address, pieknyman - gimme a shout on here if it doesn't arrive...sometimes my mail's a bit dodgy
« Last Edit: 14 Aug '07 - 17:49 by syphus »

Fraggie

« Reply #96 on: 16 Aug '07 - 08:33 »
They seem to play okay here. Are you sure you're using v.11a?

Surround settings are going to be added in the next major revision.

syphus

« Reply #97 on: 16 Aug '07 - 16:40 »
Yeah, and xmplay 3.4.2. I reinstalled both XMPlay and the plugin again - same result.

It's only when double-clicking one of the offending hvls to start XMPlay and play them - it doesn't crash if XMPlay is *already* running...

If XMPlay is running and playing, say, a .mod or an .xm, or a working .hvl, then those .hvls play fine.

Fraggie

« Reply #98 on: 16 Aug '07 - 18:35 »
Your files seem to be corrupt. Or HVL file format has changed... Are they straight from HivelyTracker?

syphus

« Reply #99 on: 16 Aug '07 - 19:48 »
Yes, saved straight out. Maybe xeron gave you a replayer build *after* buzz gave me this build of the 68k version. I'll wait and see what happens with the next release build. Cheers:)