Author Topic: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 357994 times)

Barna

Re: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #250 on: 29 Feb '08 - 15:58 »
I can't seem to reproduce it fully with a 96:12 long track.
The only thing that happens is, a very short time after opening the track XMPlay thinks it's only 10:18 long. That doesn't happen with XMPlay 3.4.2.1 but it does with and after 3.4.2.26 (don't have any other version between). If I used the feature to save the current play position before closing and reopening XMPlay, it starts the song from the beginning if it was playing after that 10:18.
It's also enough to just double click the track in the playlist to see that 10:18 being displayed for a short time.
Tried both versions in a clean environment without any plugins.

Pike84

« Reply #251 on: 29 Feb '08 - 16:17 »
So, in any case you too can confirm some buggy behaviour though..

Btw, note that the latest "stuff" version is 3.4.2.28

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: 29 Feb '08 - 17:47 »
I bumped into a strange bug concerning the length of a certain mp3 file.

The file is two hours long (a radio mix), and everything was normal as I was listening to it yesterday. I closed XMPlay and my computer normally, and when I tried to listen to the track again today, XMPlay now claimed the length was only 15:21.

Yep, that seems to have snuck in one of the recent "stuff" updates. Here's another update that should correct it...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

bonjonno

« Reply #253 on: 29 Feb '08 - 19:28 »
Hi Ian and all

I have queries in two other posts about this with no replies. I've installed the latest build 3.4.2.29 over my old config. Used to be when I clicked open file, then navigated to my music files folder, it would remember the location subsequently. No more. Always reverts to the XMPlay folder in Program Files. Is this a new bug or is it just my system? I've tried checking off just about every option that might affect anything close. No luck.

Thanks, Jon

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: 2 Mar '08 - 17:15 »
Just to be sure... when you navigate to the directory, do you actually open a file? The directory is only retained when you do so.

bonjonno

« Reply #255 on: 12 Mar '08 - 07:01 »
Hi Ian

sorry I've been away. Yes I would open a folder and a file and the next time I tried to open a file it would revert to wherever it had been, which wasn't my music library. Here's the kicker. After trying everything I could think of and pulling what's left of my hair out, I accidentally right clicked on the open file button. Up popped a box that allowed me to pick a folder to select files in. I've never seen this before and there is no way to find it in Options. What a fantastic relief it was to find. Problem fixed in an instant.

Jon

saga

« Reply #256 on: 12 Mar '08 - 23:27 »
i encountered a strange bug in xmplay... i dropped a testcase (sitar.mp3) on your ftp server. listen to the file and remeber the time when the sitar begins to play.
now restart it, play 10 seconds and the skip to approx. 0:02 and then to 0:06. now continue listening and mind the time when the sitar begins to play THIS time.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: 13 Mar '08 - 17:36 »
The problem is that the file is VBR without a VBR header. Even with a header, VBR seeking is not very accurate due to a lack of precision in the seek table. Without a header, you have no chance :)

amit

« Reply #258 on: 16 Mar '08 - 00:18 »
Hello ,
I was trying to install 'soundspectrum' visualizations (g-force,whitecap).Everything works well except one thing : when going to full screen with a list of http streams the playback stops at the end of each track. I need to go out of full screen mode in order for the playback to move on to the next track. No problem with other kind of tracks or other visualizations. Do you have any idea what causing it?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: 16 Mar '08 - 17:13 »
That's strange, vis should have no effect on that sort of thing. Does it only happen with streams, not local files? And, if so, does it matter what streams?

amit

« Reply #260 on: 17 Mar '08 - 03:26 »
It is only for streams from localhost address.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: 17 Mar '08 - 16:50 »
OK. The only way I can think of the vis influencing that is through its CPU usage. Maybe the server is running at a low priority and is being starved of CPU by the vis, preventing it responding to the next track request? Does XMPlay advance to the next track in the list, even if it doesn't actually successfully open it?

Btw, what sort of server is it? If you have a LAN, you could see if moving the server there makes any difference.

Barna

« Reply #262 on: 18 Mar '08 - 04:53 »
As he is using my Winamp wrapping plugin there's a (quite high) chance that my piece of code is causing the bad stuff. Leaking memory, thread problems and things like that resulted in the weirdest problems, just like that, during development. So I guess there's still something bad left... I'll try to take some time to look through the whole wrapping code asap.

saga

« Reply #263 on: 19 Mar '08 - 14:57 »
This file causes XMplay to crash here. First, it repeats the buffered audio for a short while and then finally crashes.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: 19 Mar '08 - 16:51 »
I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but it did crash when viewing the "Track Info" due to a bug in the "\r\n" line expansion (for the Windows controls). Here's a fix for that...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

If it still crashes, please upload a DRWTSN32.LOG entry for it...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

saga

« Reply #265 on: 20 Mar '08 - 10:31 »
Thanks, it's working now!

Fraggie

« Reply #266 on: 27 Mar '08 - 10:30 »
Consider module order table length like this:
6:00 - 100 orders
5:58 - 98.061 (trimmed)

With "Trim ending silence" option enabled shouldn't front panel say 5:58 - 99 orders instead of 5:58 - 100 orders?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: 27 Mar '08 - 15:23 »
I'm not really sure about that as the order sequence needn't be linear, unlike the time. Using your example, it is possible that playback could jump to order 100, and back again; so, with that change, you'd have a scenario of the position being beyond what the "orders" display says is the end. That discrepancy would be even more marked with sub-songs.

I may just remove the "orders" display from the main panel to avoid any confusion :)

revlaay

« Reply #268 on: 5 Apr '08 - 07:25 »
when play music with cuesheet,title in general info page is XXX(cuesheet code as ascii),xmplay do convert like this:ascii-->utf8-->utf8,so title information display chaos,please correct this.
The sample title is :
PERFORMER "王菲/フェイウォン"
TITLE "Ballad Collection/バラードコレクション"

Auren

« Reply #269 on: 5 Apr '08 - 21:05 »
This file's name is also displayed incorrectly:

instead of
Code: [Select]
введение отрывок
it shows:
Code: [Select]
введение о‚€‹вок

Zarggg

« Reply #270 on: 6 Apr '08 - 04:08 »
Are both of you using the latest /stuff/ builds? Unicode support was added/fixed in recent updates.

Auren

« Reply #271 on: 6 Apr '08 - 14:18 »
Personally I always use the latest version of XMPlay. Now it is .36

Nukkels

« Reply #272 on: 6 Apr '08 - 14:22 »
I've just built a nice new quad core computer and the first thing I did was copy all of my XMplay folder and music over, but when I open XMPlay, I get the following message:

xmplay.exe - Unable to locate Component
This application has failed to start because hook.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

After clicking OK, XMplay then opens and works fine until I close it and reopen it again...

Can anyone explain what this hook.dll is that is being referrred to? Better yet, how do I make this annoying message go away?

Dotpitch

« Reply #273 on: 6 Apr '08 - 16:40 »
hook.dll was not found.
I guess it's a plugin trying to load it. Create a new folder, start out with just xmplay.exe and copy the plugins one by one to find out which one is causing the problem. Perhaps a Winamp one?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: 6 Apr '08 - 17:24 »
This file's name is also displayed incorrectly:

That's strange; it looks OK here. I guess what must've happened is that there is some rogue entry in your playlist (XMPLAY.PLS) that is causing the entire list to be detected as ANSI rather than UTF-8. You could try clearing the playlist, and then opening that file again.