Author Topic: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 358030 times)

saga

Re: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #800 on: 13 Nov '09 - 21:53 »
Somehow, right-clicking the playlist scrollbar doesn't jump to the currently playing track anymore... I also find the queueing system a bit awkward, it seems like it enqueued some tunes twice although I just middle-clicked them once.

Dotpitch

« Reply #801 on: 15 Nov '09 - 12:11 »
Somehow, right-clicking the playlist scrollbar doesn't jump to the currently playing track anymore...
It still works, but only if the currently playing track exists in the current playlist view. Related to what amit mentioned:
Doesn't 'jump to current' action suppose to switch to queue view and show the played file if it exists only there? Similar issue is keeping the current played track visible.

saga

« Reply #802 on: 15 Nov '09 - 12:52 »
I have all my tracks in the playlist and the library, but it doesn't work.

SmartOne

« Reply #803 on: 15 Nov '09 - 21:38 »
When using CUE sheets, Japanese characters display correctly for the title of the file in the playlist, but individual track titles are a mess of characters in the main window.  Is there a way to display the strings using ANSI or whatever?

Dotpitch

« Reply #804 on: 15 Nov '09 - 22:19 »
When using CUE sheets, Japanese characters display correctly for the title of the file in the playlist, but individual track titles are a mess of characters in the main window.  Is there a way to display the strings using ANSI or whatever?
The stuff version should support both ANSI and Unicode cue sheets. Is the cue sheet you're using perhaps a mixture of both?

SmartOne

« Reply #805 on: 16 Nov '09 - 02:34 »
I'm using 3.4.2.134.  The CUE file has English and Japanese track names, but the title of the file itself displays Japanese characters...

Dotpitch

« Reply #806 on: 16 Nov '09 - 07:01 »
The CUE file has English and Japanese track names, but the title of the file itself displays Japanese characters...
Could you upload it, so Ian can take a look at it?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #807 on: 16 Nov '09 - 16:19 »
My files stream from an http server.

I downloaded a stuff version a couple of days ago after not checking them for a while. Therefor I can't say when exactly this problem started.

I get the same behavior  both with mp3 and wav files though in wavs it is more apparent as the amount of data transfer is larger.

Oops! It appears some rate restriction test code was left in the recent builds; I don't remember adding that, but it was probably trying to simulate a poor connection. That might explain your problems; let me know if you still have them with this update...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Somehow, right-clicking the playlist scrollbar doesn't jump to the currently playing track anymore...

I suspect what's happening is that the currently playing track entry isn't in the playlist, but rather the queue. Do you see the playing marker next to a track in the list?

SmartOne

« Reply #808 on: 16 Nov '09 - 19:43 »
Example CUE.

saga

« Reply #809 on: 16 Nov '09 - 19:48 »
Ian: I see a "-" (instead of a number) there.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #810 on: 18 Nov '09 - 16:06 »
Example CUE.

That doesn't appear to be using UTF-8, so it unfortunately won't look correct unless the user happens to be using the appropriate Windows code-page.

I see a "-" (instead of a number) there.

OK. That indicates that the track is currently open/playing, but it is a queue entry that is playing, rather than the playlist entry.

SmartOne

« Reply #811 on: 18 Nov '09 - 17:06 »
I now see how CUE file encodings work.  Thank you!

Pike84

« Reply #812 on: 22 Nov '09 - 00:13 »
Something's gone wrong with the queue feature in the latest stuff version. I can no longer unqueue tracks, they just stack into the queue window when i middle-click on them.

Dotpitch

« Reply #813 on: 22 Nov '09 - 07:59 »
Something's gone wrong with the queue feature in the latest stuff version. I can no longer unqueue tracks, they just stack into the queue window when i middle-click on them.
That is intentional, you have to use 'Dequeue' to remove them.
Tracks can also be queued multiple times (with "No duplicates" disabled), but that means that toggling queueing via a single option/shortcut is no longer possible; a "Dequeue" option has been added to remove all instances of a track (apart from a playing instance) from the queue.

Pike84

« Reply #814 on: 22 Nov '09 - 13:15 »
Whoops, me not paying attention..  :-X

winner

Previously, if I double clicked a streaming URL listed in the Library, it would queue the item in the Playlist after existing listed titles. This no longer occurs, and "no tracks" appears in the Playlist. Actually I thought the queuing behavior was strange; I'd expect that double clicking an item in the Library would replace the current Playlist with the double clicked title as the sole item in the Playlist. Please excuse me if this is what is being talked about recently in this thread, but I'm not understanding the conversation to be the same thing.

Dotpitch

Previously, if I double clicked a streaming URL listed in the Library, it would queue the item in the Playlist after existing listed titles. This no longer occurs, and "no tracks" appears in the Playlist. Actually I thought the queuing behavior was strange; I'd expect that double clicking an item in the Library would replace the current Playlist with the double clicked title as the sole item in the Playlist.
Options and stuff > Playlist, what do you have for the 'Double-click' option? It should be 'play' to achieve what you want.

winner

Previously, if I double clicked a streaming URL listed in the Library, it would queue the item in the Playlist after existing listed titles. This no longer occurs, and "no tracks" appears in the Playlist. Actually I thought the queuing behavior was strange; I'd expect that double clicking an item in the Library would replace the current Playlist with the double clicked title as the sole item in the Playlist.
Options and stuff > Playlist, what do you have for the 'Double-click' option? It should be 'play' to achieve what you want.
The double click option is set to "play." Also when I do double click a streaming URL name in the Library view, the stream will play, but it has no effect on the Playlist; it is not appended to the existing list and does not replace the existing list. It is not added to the Playlist at all.

Dotpitch

The double click option is set to "play." Also when I do double click a streaming URL name in the Library view, the stream will play, but it has no effect on the Playlist; it is not appended to the existing list and does not replace the existing list. It is not added to the Playlist at all.
Ah, I see it now too. The track plays from the queue, not from the playlist.
Another change is that the library's "Play" option will play the track(s) from the queue instead of adding to and playing from the playlist; that applies to the "Find tracks" window too.
Ian, this makes the double-click action for 'play' identical to the 'queue' option. I'm not sure what the best way is to solve this.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #819 on: 23 Nov '09 - 16:43 »
Another change is that the library's "Play" option will play the track(s) from the queue instead of adding to and playing from the playlist; that applies to the "Find tracks" window too.
Ian, this makes the double-click action for 'play' identical to the 'queue' option. I'm not sure what the best way is to solve this.

It's not quite the same. Both will add to the queue, but only "Play" will also play the track :)

For a bit more flexibility, here's an update with an option to make the Integration options' "Default action" apply when playing from the library (and Find Tracks results) too...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

The old behaviour could be reproduced by enabling that, and setting "Default action" to "add to playlist" and "Play listed tracks" to "always" (or "after bookmarking").

REVerdi

« Reply #820 on: 30 Nov '09 - 23:59 »
Build 3.4.2.140 doesn't start with previous xmplay.ini.
The problem is CurTrack=0.
Commenting this line, XMPlay started normally.

Dotpitch

« Reply #821 on: 1 Dec '09 - 08:23 »
Build 3.4.2.140 doesn't start with previous xmplay.ini. The problem is CurTrack=0. Commenting this line, XMPlay started normally.
No problems here. That line indicates the track that was playing when XMPlay closed. Does it work properly now, or does the problem persist?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #822 on: 1 Dec '09 - 15:13 »
Build 3.4.2.140 doesn't start with previous xmplay.ini.
The problem is CurTrack=0.

That doesn't cause any problems here, so it is probably in combination with something else that's the trouble. Do you still have the troublesome XMPLAY.INI file? If so, please upload that to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

REVerdi

« Reply #823 on: 1 Dec '09 - 22:20 »
Everything is OK now.
I believe the version 3.4.2.140 freeze if "CurTrack" is different from -1.
I use the same xmplay.ini since version 3.4.2.1.
Yet I will upload the xmplay.ini.
Thanks guys!

amit

« Reply #824 on: 4 Dec '09 - 07:32 »
About the equalizer sliders... Does the level jumps determined by the graphical scale of the skin? I see that different skins jumps differently when I move the slider by the mouse.

In the dsp page the sliders can be chosen and then moved by up/down keys but there is no tooltip to show the values. Are the jumps there also determined by the graphic scale of the slider?

Is it possible to allow jumps of 0.1 by up/down arrow in both dsp page and output panel (even if they are not shown graphically in the slider)?