Author Topic: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 321576 times)

Tsorovan

Re: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #225 on: 22 Jan '08 - 08:32 »
Hmm? CR = "\r" (in C etc), and I don't really see how tniemi is wrong here?

amit

« Reply #226 on: 22 Jan '08 - 13:53 »
A small thing :
When pressing ctrl+c in extended playlist window and library window the selected track's title is copied to clipboard. Doing the same in playlist panel will not copy anything. Is it intentionally? Is it possible to make ctrl+c copy the title also in the playlist panel?

Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: 23 Jan '08 - 16:20 »
Please also note that old Apple OS used "\r" for newline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Representations
You may want to fix that too. I know few people that are unable (and unwilling) to upgrade to OS X.

Do you have any example files that have this problem? If so, please upload one to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

When pressing ctrl+c in extended playlist window and library window the selected track's title is copied to clipboard. Doing the same in playlist panel will not copy anything. Is it intentionally?

Yep, as the shortcut is called "Info - Copy to clipboard" :)

I guess it could be extended to the playlist panel, but then the shortcut would probably have to be renamed to reflect that.

tniemi

« Reply #228 on: 24 Jan '08 - 13:09 »
The tinies of tiny bugs:

When changing the state of Info screen's "loop list" (tick_loop_info.bmp), the List screen's "loop list" (tick_loop.bmp) does not update until next redraw (fex. mouseover).

Otherway around works fine. The Random play order button works beautifully both ways.

Spotted in otherwise quite spotless 3.4.2.1.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: 24 Jan '08 - 15:16 »
When changing the state of Info screen's "loop list" (tick_loop_info.bmp), the List screen's "loop list" (tick_loop.bmp) does not update until next redraw (fex. mouseover).

Oops! That'll be corrected in the next update.

amit

« Reply #230 on: 24 Jan '08 - 16:33 »
I guess it could be extended to the playlist panel, but then the shortcut would probably have to be renamed to reflect that.

This would be appreciated.

tniemi

« Reply #231 on: 24 Jan '08 - 20:35 »
Please also note that old Apple OS used "\r" for newline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline#Representations
Actually, I think you have that backwards. In fact, the article itself states that Unix uses LF and MacOS-pre9.0 uses CR. (which are not \n or \r, but that's a different discussion entirely :P)

0x0A == U+000A == LF == Line Feed
0x0D == U+000D == CR == Carriage Return

The Unix newline "\n" == LF
The Dos/Win newline "\n" == LF CR
The Mac OS 8 newline "\n" == "\r" ... WTF? [The sound of gates of hell opening]

But let's not be nitpicky here... :)

Barna

« Reply #232 on: 10 Feb '08 - 00:08 »
Think I found a memory leak in the Visualisation.
Just open clean XMPlay, Press F4, rightclick, select any of the built-ins and start to resize the window.
When resizing some memory isn't freed up, seems more on bigger window sizes. When using Windows with "show window content while dragging and resizing" it gets quite a big leak when resizing the vis-window higher than 600x600 or so.

saga

« Reply #233 on: 10 Feb '08 - 01:19 »
bug confirmed on my machine, well spotted!

Auren

« Reply #234 on: 14 Feb '08 - 18:35 »
A feature request:
I'd like to be able to delete certain strings of my URL-history by just hovering on them and pressing the delete button. Just like I do this in my Firefox :)
« Last Edit: 14 Feb '08 - 18:42 by Auren »

Zarggg

« Reply #235 on: 15 Feb '08 - 17:16 »
I thought that was handled by Windows?

Auren

« Reply #236 on: 15 Feb '08 - 17:35 »
I'm speaking about these entries:

They can't be deleted. The only thing I can do is to clean xmplay.ini's URLHistory parameter by hand — but that removes all the entries.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: 16 Feb '08 - 17:30 »
Think I found a memory leak in the Visualisation.
Just open clean XMPlay, Press F4, rightclick, select any of the built-ins and start to resize the window.
When resizing some memory isn't freed up, seems more on bigger window sizes. When using Windows with "show window content while dragging and resizing" it gets quite a big leak when resizing the vis-window higher than 600x600 or so.

Here's an update to try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

A feature request:
I'd like to be able to delete certain strings of my URL-history by just hovering on them and pressing the delete button. Just like I do this in my Firefox :)

Haven't done that, but the update above includes a "NoHistory" secret INI setting to tell XMPlay not to save the URL/directory/search history.

hagbard23

« Reply #238 on: 18 Feb '08 - 19:49 »
Hi, I'm new here  :)

I think I've found a bug in XMPlay.
It always crashes when I use "Options and stuff" -> "Playlist" -> "Library" -> "Add" -> with "Sub-directories" box checked. Actually a few seconds later.

I've uploaded drwtsn32.log file in a zip file, but I can reproduce the error anytime if you need other data.
I'm using XMPlay 3.4.2.26 with latest plugin versions, also tested with 3.4.2.1

Thank you for the best audio player  :)
« Last Edit: 18 Feb '08 - 20:56 by hagbard23 »

Dotpitch

« Reply #239 on: 18 Feb '08 - 22:04 »
It always crashes when I use "Options and stuff" -> "Playlist" -> "Library" -> "Add" -> with "Sub-directories" box checked. Actually a few seconds later.
Is it always the same folder you're adding? Can you add the folders to the playlist, or does it crash then as well? (Might be some dodgy file.)

hagbard23

« Reply #240 on: 18 Feb '08 - 23:22 »
Yeah, I also thought that, but it's the same whenever I use the scan "Sub-directories" option, not matter the files or folders. I even used it with old mp3 I have on spared HDs, CDs, or DVDs, or even new. The media doesn't seems to matter by the way.

Maybe there's some conflict with a plugin (winamp plugins maybe?) or something like that, but I only have mp3, txt and jpg (if jpg files are possible a problem) in those folders.

Thanks for the help though :)
« Last Edit: 18 Feb '08 - 23:30 by hagbard23 »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: 19 Feb '08 - 13:04 »
I've uploaded drwtsn32.log file in a zip file...

It appears to have crashed in the RealAudio plugin. That reminds me, I noticed something similar myself recently. I'll forward the details to the Fragster :)

hagbard23

« Reply #242 on: 19 Feb '08 - 17:33 »
Yeah, you're right, since I removed the RealAudio plugin, the library no longer crashes while scanning.
I'm barely using RealAudio stuff, so it's not a big problem for me, bugs aside  :P

Thanks a lot Ian  :)

Fraggie

« Reply #243 on: 21 Feb '08 - 16:06 »
It appears to have crashed in the RealAudio plugin. That reminds me, I noticed something similar myself recently. I'll forward the details to the Fragster :)
Should work now. Check the XMP-RA thread.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: 21 Feb '08 - 17:14 »
Yep, seems to be fine now, at least in my case :)

hagbard23

« Reply #245 on: 21 Feb '08 - 19:36 »
Yeah, works fine now. Thank you  :)

Auren

« Reply #246 on: 28 Feb '08 - 09:48 »
I'd like to see a "crop" feature. For example, if I click on a song and choose to "crop" it - it stays in the playlist while others are deleted. To do the same now, I'm forced to choose all the songs, then unchoose the song I need with Ctrl+Click and then press delete. It's a bit hard, but could be easy with "crop" function. It's already implemented to Winamp, so if you didn't understand what I mean, you can look into it there.

Dotpitch

« Reply #247 on: 28 Feb '08 - 13:12 »
I'd like to see a "crop" feature.
Can't you just create a shortcut for that? Like: select the file(s), then 'List nav - Invert selection', 'List track - Remove'.

Auren

« Reply #248 on: 29 Feb '08 - 07:33 »
Can't you just create a shortcut for that? Like: select the file(s), then 'List nav - Invert selection', 'List track - Remove'.
I didn't know about those shortucts. They are so configurable... Thank's a lot!

Pike84

« Reply #249 on: 29 Feb '08 - 08:38 »
I bumped into a strange bug concerning the length of a certain mp3 file.

The file is two hours long (a radio mix), and everything was normal as I was listening to it yesterday. I closed XMPlay and my computer normally, and when I tried to listen to the track again today, XMPlay now claimed the length was only 15:21. It didn't even help to open the file again - only after I renamed the file, XMPlay would show the proper length.