30 Jul '14 - 01:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.5  (Read 328777 times)
Bjossi

« Reply #940 on: 14 Aug '09 - 22:27 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Aw, I was hoping you'd add the 'Lock playlist' feature I mentioned earlier, tracks jumping up/down a place or two is driving me crazy. :-/

But this is a good update nevertheless, keep up the great work on the best media player available. Smiley
« Last Edit: 14 Aug '09 - 23:01 by Bjossi » Logged
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #941 on: 15 Aug '09 - 19:54 »
Reply with quoteQuote

OK, here's an experimental update, with auto-sorting of new tracks...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

I'm not entirely sure about it, so it is currently just a shortcut ("List - Auto sort new"). The sorting will be performed after the tags have been scanned, and it will be cancelled if the list is manipulated before then. As I say, I'm not really sure about it, as most of the tag sorting options don't seem very useful done automatically, ie. you wouldn't necessarily want them applied to all new tracks. Perhaps it should be limited to just the filename or formatted title options? Anyway, please report any problems.

Btw, there was a problem with the tag sorting shortcuts (one of them was double-booked) in the last update, so that has been sorted now too. If you were using those shortcuts, you will probably have to set them again.

Is it possible to add a right click menu to the info/list button that will allow direct access to the available windows (vis,message,library,playlist etc') instead of opening in the last remembered  state and then switching?

This has also been added in the update.

Thank you so very much. My NAS was driving me crazy. There's still no workaround easily available to force SMB to report files sorted by name by default - this little option solves it for me. Will you marry me? Grin

Also, the second addition is very nice! Adds reasonable functionality without getting in the way. Perfect!
deus-ex

« Reply #942 on: 15 Aug '09 - 20:48 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Will you marry me? Grin

So who of you both will play the wife? Grin
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #943 on: 17 Aug '09 - 15:08 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would it be safe enough to sort 'em by filename when added? Grin
It might not be the sorting method the user prefers, but then again, neither is 'random' file order.

Actually, I think that may be a better idea. It wouldn't need to wait for the tags to be scanned, and sorting by filename seems to me to be the most likely used of the "auto sorting" options anyway.

Would anyone have any objections to the "Auto sort new" option being replaced with a "Auto sort new by filename" option?
Dotpitch

« Reply #944 on: 17 Aug '09 - 15:52 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would anyone have any objections to the "Auto sort new" option being replaced with a "Auto sort new by filename" option?
Nope, that indeed sounds more logical. Will it take the path into account, or just the filename?
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #945 on: 17 Aug '09 - 16:44 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I was thinking of the entire path.
amit

« Reply #946 on: 17 Aug '09 - 17:12 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ian , can you apply a similar auto-sort function to added tracks from database?
Cypress

« Reply #947 on: 17 Aug '09 - 20:54 »
Reply with quoteQuote

although what i would like the most is 'rating' ......

could it be possible to add 'a lock position' option because i like to have "my xmplay" at the bottom right of my screen .. and i rarely move it

saludos ...

Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #948 on: 19 Aug '09 - 15:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

As there don't seem to be any objections, here's an update in which the "Auto sort new" option has been replaced by an "Auto sort by filename" option in the "Integration" options page...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

The new tracks should be sorted as they are added to the list. As before, the sorting will be cancelled if the playlist is manipulated in the middle of the tracks being added.

can you apply a similar auto-sort function to added tracks from database?

The auto-sorting actually already does apply when adding tracks from the library, but thinking about it, perhaps it shouldn't, as the tracks will probably already be in the wanted order (via the Library sorting). So that has been changed in the update above. The auto-sorting also now won't apply when adding tracks from the "Find track(s)" window, for the same reason.

although what i would like the most is 'rating' ......

A "rating" library entry may be added for the 3.5 release. It'll require modification to the library file structure though, so I'm leaving it until last in case there are any other library modifications to make.

could it be possible to add 'a lock position' option because i like to have "my xmplay" at the bottom right of my screen .. and i rarely move it

XMPlay should stay still if you don't move it Smiley
SmartOne

« Reply #949 on: 22 Aug '09 - 23:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is there a way to keep the current track playing when I select Remove all from the playlist?
Rah'Dick
XMPlay Support

« Reply #950 on: 23 Aug '09 - 02:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is there a way to keep the current track playing when I select Remove all from the playlist?
There's no dedicated option for that, but I've been doing this for a couple of years now:
- create these shortcuts for the same key and in that order:
- Listnav - Jump to current
- List sort - Reverse
- List track - Remove

Now when you press that key, the playlist will be cleared, except for the currently playing song.
SmartOne

« Reply #951 on: 23 Aug '09 - 05:36 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's kind of stinky since I'd like the playlist to still be cleared (like Winamp allows.)
Dotpitch

« Reply #952 on: 23 Aug '09 - 10:51 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's kind of stinky since I'd like the playlist to still be cleared (like Winamp allows.)
You cannot play a file that's not in the playlist, so that's not possible.
Pike84

« Reply #953 on: 23 Aug '09 - 22:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

My common sense tells me, that this shouldn't be very difficult to add as an option Wink.
amit

« Reply #954 on: 16 Sep '09 - 13:58 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if this feature is available or not, but I would love a 'Lock playlist' option and/or shortcut. Frequently I accidentally move tracks when double clicking them and don't always notice it. So for example if I decide to lock the playlist, it means tracks can't be moved, added or deleted. Would be a great feature if rearranging/adding to/deleting from the playlist(s) isn't on the horizon, like in my case these days. Smiley

This on/off switch would be stored in ini file so it gets saved between sessions and affects all playlists while it is on.

I like better the an option to lock individual tracks and not only the whole list. Then when replacing a list the ones flagged would stay. This would allow to stack up dynamic favorites "of the moment".

2. Ian , will you add buttons in the library and extended playlist to allow direct access to info window's different sections (general,message etc')? Long ago when originally suggested this you said such skin changes would take place only in the final release...  Wink

Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #955 on: 19 Sep '09 - 14:01 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've been recording internet radio streams as mp3 with cue sheets.  This particular stream usually puts a short gap (dead air) between songs.  I take the one big file, fine-tune the break points, and then make it into individual mp3 files.

This has worked out better than recording individual mp3 files and fine-tuning each song by trying to trim the end off of one to paste onto the beginning of the next file.

Unfortunately, the original recording gets huge and difficult to handle.  To deal with this, I've been stopping the recording, and re-starting with a consecutively numbered filename to keep the files a reasonable size and so I can start working on one bunch of songs while the next is recording.

It would be awesome to have XMPlay "write to disk" with cue sheet have an option to limit filesize, limit time, or limit number of cues and then re-start with another filename (could use consecutive numbers or append start time to the filename).

Thanks for a great program!
Dotpitch

« Reply #956 on: 19 Sep '09 - 14:27 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've been recording internet radio streams as mp3 with cue sheets.  This particular stream usually puts a short gap (dead air) between songs.  I take the one big file, fine-tune the break points, and then make it into individual mp3 files.
It would be awesome to have XMPlay "write to disk" with cue sheet have an option to limit filesize, limit time, or limit number of cues and then re-start with another filename (could use consecutive numbers or append start time to the filename).
Why don't you try Streamripper? It can detect silences between tracks, so it splits the tracks and saves them with correct tags and filenames. In addition, it can relay the stream so you can still listen to it with XMPlay.
Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #957 on: 19 Sep '09 - 15:02 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Why don't you try Streamripper? It can detect silences between tracks, so it splits the tracks and saves them with correct tags and filenames. In addition, it can relay the stream so you can still listen to it with XMPlay.
That's a program I haven't heard of before.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a try.

[Later...] Wow - does just what I want.  Right now the stream is using crossfades, so I gotta wait for them to get back to brief silence between tracks.  Then I'll really work Streamripper hard.  Excellent suggestion!

« Last Edit: 19 Sep '09 - 17:36 by Jimmy Neutron » Logged
Renderer

« Reply #958 on: 20 Sep '09 - 08:37 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Unnecessary post deleted by user. Regards to the makers of the best windows modular player in the universe.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep '09 - 09:05 by Renderer » Logged
Renderer

« Reply #959 on: 20 Sep '09 - 09:01 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Shocked Disregard my last post. Embarrassed after downloading  www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe I see that this has been fixed.   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: