Author Topic: Volume problem with USB recording device  (Read 2795 times)

nadia

Volume problem with USB recording device
« on: 4 Jun '07 - 09:36 »
Hello,  ;D

I've found a little problem with a USB based VOIP telephone (Skintek): after connecting the telephone to the USB port it get listed between the audio devices as a sound card (named "USB Audio device") with a single input channel ("Microphone"): recording through this device works perfectly but trying to set the volume level of this recording channel, through a call to the BASS_RecordSetInput function, always returns a BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL error; i've tried passing both 0 and -1 to the input parameter without better results; changing the volume through the control panel will work perfectly and will influence the recording session made through BASS.

May be a small bug?  ???

Kind regards  ;D

Nadia

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Volume problem with USB recording device
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun '07 - 14:16 »
Is there a volume control for the microphone in the Windows mixer? If so, I think I'll have to send you a debug version to find out why BASS isn't finding it :)

nadia

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun '07 - 22:05 »
Is there a volume control for the microphone in the Windows mixer? If so, I think I'll have to send you a debug version to find out why BASS isn't finding it :)

Hi Ian  ;D

Yes there is: till Windows XP each recording channel has its own volume and can be accessed from the sound applet of the control panel simply clicking the "Volume..." button inside the "Sound recording" box of the "Audio" tab: usually if you change the volume with the BASS_RecordSetInput function you will see the change reflected into the mixer volume and viceversa. I will be happy to test the debug build for you...  :)

Kind Regards  ;D

Nadia

Bytechanger

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar '08 - 18:23 »
Hi,

Iīve the same problem with the same device !!!!
Is there any workaround??

Greetings Byte

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar '08 - 16:53 »
This was a while ago, but as I recall, you need to use the master input level. For example, you could do something like this...

Code: [Select]
if (!BASS_RecordSetInput(input, 0, level)) // failed to set input level
BASS_RecordSetInput(-1, 0, level); // try master level instead

Bytechanger

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar '08 - 09:44 »
THATīs IT !!!!

THOUSAND THANKS!!!!!
It works fine !

Greetings

Byte