Author Topic: 10 hour playlist limit?!?  (Read 3911 times)

Nukkels

10 hour playlist limit?!?
« on: 19 Apr '07 - 13:58 »
I recently rediscovered XMPlay as an alternative to winamp (since it now plays mods, midis, and mp3s), and started adding music to it. As long as I don't add more than 10 hours, it's fine. As soon as I go over hours of music in the playlist, XMPlay crashes. Loading a whole playlist from winamp causes the same crash.

One small thing of note - I noticed that the playlist time displays total time, and after I load a number of files, it alternates (frequency of about every 1 second) between displaying this number and another number, 1 hour and something. I have no idea what this is...

I've checked on the forums and everyone else seems to be able to load large playlists with no problems. I am running Windows XP, AMD 2500+ 1GB RAM, SB X-Fi Fatal1ty card, so it's not system. Any suggestions?

Knurek

Re: 10 hour playlist limit?!?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr '07 - 14:24 »
I've checked on the forums and everyone else seems to be able to load large playlists with no problems. I am running Windows XP, AMD 2500+ 1GB RAM, SB X-Fi Fatal1ty card, so it's not system. Any suggestions?

Uploading the crash log (drwtsn32.log IIRC) to ftp.un4seen.com/incoming would be the fastest way of determining the cause of the crashing. :)

Tsorovan

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr '07 - 15:22 »
One small thing of note - I noticed that the playlist time displays total time, and after I load a number of files, it alternates (frequency of about every 1 second) between displaying this number and another number, 1 hour and something. I have no idea what this is...

You have files selected. Sadly, XMPlay automatically selects the files you last added, and the flashing you speak of flashes between showing total playlist length, and aggregate length of all selected tracks.

Nukkels

It was a specific file crashing XMPlay, but...
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr '07 - 02:03 »
If I try to load too many files at once on my laptop (but works fine on my desktop), it simply does nothing.

The midi file causing the crash was 'New York New York.mid' which I uploaded along with the appropriate section of the dr watson log, and all of my other midis and mods work fine. I'd love to get this one problem file working properly (it works fine in every other midi player), as well as being able to load all of my mp3s at once. If these bugs get fixed, I can FINALLY throw out winamp (which I've been using because there was no other alternative.... until now).

PS - on http://support.xmplay.com/article.php?id=7#bugreporting the ftp link is wrong... has ftp://www.un4seen.com/incoming/ instead of ftp://ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr '07 - 15:11 »
The midi file causing the crash was 'New York New York.mid' which I uploaded along with the appropriate section of the dr watson log...

The MIDI plugin had a problem with blank markers. It should be ok now...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-midi.dll

Please let me know if you still have the trouble.

kragg

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul '07 - 20:55 »
It seems to work now : thank you !