Author Topic: BassVideo  (Read 339912 times)

Drugwash

Re: BassVideo
« Reply #825 on: 2 Jul '09 - 18:15 »
Hello, kenshin!

Congratulations for this great pair of libraries you created! I've been playing around with the version in the lastest stuff package and had to modify the official AutoHotkey wrapper for the BASSvideo library. It's mostly working, with a few quirks (handle error on BassVideo_Stop, crashes in certain conditions).

I now noticed you removed that package from the first post and I'd like to know why - is it broken, contains obsolete functions or is it just preparing the launch of the new version? That would save me some work in further tweaking the AHK wrapper.

Also, I warmly hope the new version will retain Win9x compatibility, since I only use Win98SE on my main machine and would very much like to be able to develop and use a few tools for personal use (and maybe later shared in the AHK forums) based on BASS/BassVideo.

kenshin1101

« Reply #826 on: 3 Jul '09 - 01:35 »
Hello, kenshin!

Congratulations for this great pair of libraries you created! I've been playing around with the version in the lastest stuff package and had to modify the official AutoHotkey wrapper for the BASSvideo library. It's mostly working, with a few quirks (handle error on BassVideo_Stop, crashes in certain conditions).

I now noticed you removed that package from the first post and I'd like to know why - is it broken, contains obsolete functions or is it just preparing the launch of the new version? That would save me some work in further tweaking the AHK wrapper.

Also, I warmly hope the new version will retain Win9x compatibility, since I only use Win98SE on my main machine and would very much like to be able to develop and use a few tools for personal use (and maybe later shared in the AHK forums) based on BASS/BassVideo.

okie

Drugwash

« Reply #827 on: 3 Jul '09 - 13:46 »
Thank you so much. Keep up the good work! ;)

smodilo

I'm trying to get this to work in vb.net....
« Reply #828 on: 6 Jul '09 - 15:50 »
Hi,

I'm busy with my first experiments with bassvideo, but after 3 days of trial and error I can't get it to work.

What I have so far is:

--------------

Public Sub LoadVideo(ByVal FileName As String)
        VidChan1 = BassVideo.BASS_Video_StreamCreateFile(FileName, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT, VidProc, Me.Handle)

If VidChan1 = 0 Then
            Call ShowError
            Exit Sub
        End If

BassVideo.BASS_Video_AddVideo(VidChan1, PVideo2.Handle, PVideo2.ClientRectangle, Nothing)
    End Sub

----------------

I get "invalid handle". Why?

jeffdavis

« Reply #829 on: 7 Jul '09 - 01:01 »
Is there a known issue with BassVideo with the audio volume at the last 1-15ms of the file?  We are seeing the volume raise one the audio drops to 0 then it slowly raises to infinity at the very end of the file which translates into a pop at the end of the file.  We are seeing this will multiple file formats.  Just wondering if it is BassVideo related or BASS?

CEPEGA

Re: I'm trying to get this to work in vb.net....
« Reply #830 on: 7 Jul '09 - 05:45 »
Hi,

VidChan1 = BassVideo.BASS_Video_StreamCreateFile(FileName, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT, VidProc, Me.Handle)

BassVideo.BASS_Video_AddVideo(VidChan1, PVideo2.Handle, PVideo2.ClientRectangle, Nothing)

Which of this two lines result in "invalid handle"?

I just had same problem some time ago: i created a stream, and then i tryed to play it immediatly (after small check like in your code). So.. "play" result in "invalid handle"... But(!) when i inserted sleep (500) after stream creation (just for experiment) it worked good. ???

kenshin1101

« Reply #831 on: 7 Jul '09 - 08:09 »
Please note i don't support for the beta anymore, that's just for test
From this moment until there new version i'll only support BassVideo v2.4.1.2

smodilo

« Reply #832 on: 10 Jul '09 - 13:03 »
I get the error in the first line, and now, after a week of trial and error, I still can't get it to play  :(

jeffdavis

« Reply #833 on: 24 Jul '09 - 22:42 »
Just checking on the status of the new version.  Any rough idea when it will be done?  end of July?  August?  September?  December?

kenshin1101

« Reply #834 on: 28 Jul '09 - 05:07 »
Just checking on the status of the new version.  Any rough idea when it will be done?  end of July?  August?  September?  December?
hello, sorry for the delay but i'm too busy at this moment
i'll post here if there are any news

Departure

« Reply #835 on: 11 Aug '09 - 19:34 »
Just wondering if its possiable to make bass video into something that could emulate a webcam, for example if you where playing a movie with bass video some how connect it with web so when your on msn messenger for example and you publish your webcam the users would see the movie you where playing instead of your webcam, there are software that does this but im not sure how its connected to the webcam device or is it emulated as a webcam ect..

if anyone has info about doing this with bass video i would be very interest to see any tips or examples

diystar

« Reply #836 on: 16 Aug '09 - 06:31 »
hi,kenshin1101,
how to hide the cursor?

set "Screen.Cursor:=crNone;" has no effect (bassvideo 2.4.1.2,delphi 6,windows XP)

Latch

« Reply #837 on: 21 Aug '09 - 23:45 »
I think I can speak for others when I say that is not the answer we were looking for.  Please do the responsible thing and turn it over to someone who does have time.

Ionut Cristea

« Reply #838 on: 22 Aug '09 - 05:25 »
I think I can speak for others when I say that is not the answer we were looking for.  Please do the responsible thing and turn it over to someone who does have time.

I don't want to angry anybody, but Latch i have a question for you: If you had time whay you don't do a own plugin for render video?

Cheers, Sharky

diystar

« Reply #839 on: 23 Aug '09 - 05:21 »
It seems not compatible with Tags 0.0.0.15

fmcoder

« Reply #840 on: 25 Aug '09 - 16:48 »
Kenshin, do you have any updates concerning BassVdeo?

Gamo

« Reply #841 on: 28 Aug '09 - 02:13 »
BassVideo current stable version is 2.4.1.2

The example of VB6 doesn't work. It crash on open the movie file.

jeffdavis

« Reply #842 on: 31 Aug '09 - 19:31 »

It's been another month.  Just wondering if we are going to see the rewrite you kept talking about.  I am still using the latest beta that you dropped support for but would love to have something that worked better and solve some of the bugs.

kenshin1101

« Reply #843 on: 3 Sep '09 - 04:31 »
Just checking on the status of the new version.  Any rough idea when it will be done?  end of July?  August?  September?  December?

It's been another month.  Just wondering if we are going to see the rewrite you kept talking about.  I am still using the latest beta that you dropped support for but would love to have something that worked better and solve some of the bugs.

Currently working on new version, and don't know when it release :P
Have winsock include and apply to streaming "ANY" type of media ^^

Ex4

Re: BassVideo : how to apply speaker assignment?
« Reply #844 on: 5 Sep '09 - 11:09 »
hello,
been trying to do speaker assignment(left,right,center,etc) with bassvideo, but got confused on how to change it on the fly (while playing the video file)? when i change the speaker assignment at the bassvideo stream create it works fine
any idea or hint maybe?

bintang

« Reply #845 on: 25 Sep '09 - 15:32 »
Hi All,

It's possible Bassvideo output directly to Television ( dual display mode ). One video in
monitor and other video directly output to TV ???

Thank's a lot,

dikha

Finalspace

« Reply #846 on: 2 Oct '09 - 23:59 »
I tried the latest version 2.4.1.2 with bass 2.4.3.1 (and 2.4.0.1) and almost every video file i tried to play,
had loud noises in the audio stream. Only PCM based audio stream worked.
Even mpeg-layer 3 based audio streams had the noices in it.

My own directshow media player had no problems with sound at all,
so this is a bass video problem.

And one question i got:

Is it possible to create your own graph, by coding ?
Do bass video use the Graph->RenderFile ? (For detecting media codecs)

Thanks in regards,
Final

maybe the sound is not supported by Bass or i had enter a wrong information to bass, please upload that file to somewhere. I'll check it but the fixing is not going now, it depend on the next version :)

The problem is still there in 2.4.1.2.
I compiled the simpledemo application without changes and tested it:

The loud noise appears as soon as the sound appears.
I can hear the original sound from the video in the background with low volume.
Changing the volume does change the volumes of both: The original audio stream and the noise O_o

Only PCM (Uncompressed Wave) audio streams plays well.

There is no problem with my system because all other mediaplayers including my own "Xenorate" works fine.

Used the bass 2.4.3.1 DLL for testing with Delphi 7.
Installed codecs (Xenorate Codec Pack):

- FFDshow
- Haali Media Splitter
- DirectVobSub

opix

« Reply #847 on: 4 Oct '09 - 07:40 »
I have a little problem with Bassvideo. When I'm trying to put into Delphi, the bassvideo uses a bass24 unit. Is it the same like bass, or different. Because if I run directly the Demofull.exe it is working, but if I open with Delphi, and run the delphi source code, the program doesn't play any movie, however the original exe is working well.

jeffdavis

« Reply #848 on: 6 Oct '09 - 16:13 »
Just checking on the status of the new version.  Any rough idea when it will be done?  end of July?  August?  September?  December?

It's been another month.  Just wondering if we are going to see the rewrite you kept talking about.  I am still using the latest beta that you dropped support for but would love to have something that worked better and solve some of the bugs.

Was wondering if you were getting any closer?  ANy update?

Latch

« Reply #849 on: 25 Oct '09 - 02:22 »

Was wondering if you were getting any closer?  ANy update?

I don't think its ever coming.  He hasn't responded in weeks.  They really need to pull the plug on BassVideo completely.  It's making a bad name for the whole Bass name.  The guy (kenshin) has written it in Delphi, which is no longer supported which means a x64 version will never come. He's talked about converting it to C++ but that still hasn't happened, along with numerous other things kenshin has never delivered on.  It's sad because I believed in him and addded video support to my app.  Now, if I want to release a 64 bit compatible version, I'm going to have to pull video support from the app and it's gong to piss people off.  Kenshin has really pissed me off and it's a shame my customers have to suffer for his laziness.  I'm praying to God that the folks here at Bass pull the plug and hand over the reigns to someone who will actually do some work and actually create a final product that works and has an x64 compatible version as well, and doesn't leave people hanging for months on empty promises.

With Microsoft pushing 64 bit over 32 bit in just about every store you can buy computers from, it's very crucial that 64 bit versions of software are available, and this is not the time for kenshin to be saying "I'm too busy at the moment".  If kenshin worked for me, he would have been fired months ago.