Author Topic: Shading in list box  (Read 8089 times)

5 zloty

Shading in list box
« on: 20 Dec '07 - 01:10 »
I like this app a lot, and I want to keep it But . . .
I'm running XM Player with Win 2K, and it's by and large well behaved. I move some audio files around from folder to folder until I get the organization I want. Frequently a song title, or many of the titles, will all of the sudden appear on the playlist with a dark grey shading. I HATE this. If I cannot figure out how to stop it, aside from completely reinstalling the player, I'm gonna have to find a different player.

Dotpitch

Re: Shading in list box
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec '07 - 07:42 »
Shading? Is the text in grey, or does it look like the file is selected? In the first case, right click the file and uncheck 'Skip'. Could you post an image of what's happening?
(By default, 'List track - Skip' is assigned to the spacebar, perhaps you should remove that shortcut.)

5 zloty

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec '07 - 00:24 »
The file looks like it has been selected, but the shade is darker, making the text murky and inaccessable. Several, many files may be affected. You have a point, it may have to do with the skip function.

Alas, I don't know how to reproduce the effect at will. I just reinstalled the player and it is behaving well. I've got XM on another drive and I'm fooling with it to see if I can get it to screw up this way.

Tsorovan

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec '07 - 09:14 »
To try to reproduce it, press the spacebar?

5 zloty

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec '07 - 20:38 »
I did get it to do it again, but I don't know how to upload a pic.

saga

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec '07 - 22:07 »
When you compose a reply in this forum, hi "Additional options..." and use the upload form to upload your image.

5 zloty

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec '07 - 18:01 »
Here's the pic. In sequence you can see in lines 14 thru 18:

line 14: file not selected
line 15: file selected
line 16: the annoying shading event
line 17: a file marked "skip"
line 18: file not selected

raina

« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec '07 - 19:22 »
Does the color move with the file if you move it around? I tried to re-create the situation and it seems there are search terms matching that particular file so it gets colored because of that. Hit Find tracks (Ctrl-F) to clear the filter, then click Apply.

5 zloty

« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec '07 - 21:11 »
Thanks, raina, I'll do that. Despite its quirks, this is still the only audio player I have ever liked. I realize that it does so much with so little code, that I need to cut it some slack.

Synetech

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec '07 - 23:06 »
Yup, I just tested with that skin and raina is correct, it is because those file match the search terms. Clear out your search. And, for the record, it is not XMP that is doing that shading, it is the iXMPlay skin; I am using the default skin and matched tracks are shown in green text with a normal background.