23 Aug '14 - 18:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Traduzir para PORTUGUES do BRASIL  (Read 8742 times)
Allan
« on: 7 Feb '08 - 14:43 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Quando será que conseguiremos traduzir para portugues?

se alguem souber como fazer isso, me fala!
Dotpitch

« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb '08 - 14:56 »
Reply with quoteQuote

When it will be that we have a Portuguese translation? If anyone knows how to make this, tell me!
You can write in Portuguese, but most people on this forum won't understand you.
There is no way to translate XMPlay yet, and I'm not sure if there will ever be this possibility.
Quote from: Dotpitch (Babelfished:Portuguese)
Você pode escrever no português, mas a maioria de povos neste forum não o compreenderão. Não há nenhuma maneira traduzir ainda XMPlay, e eu não sou certo se houver sempre esta possibilidade.
REVerdi

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec '10 - 04:43 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I think the LingoWare can help you http://www.lingoware.com/.
I also think it would be sensational if XMPlay can be translated.
Ian could start with the European languages and let unicode and RTL for later.
Zarggg

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec '10 - 20:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ian has stated in the past that he has no interest in translating the program to other languages.
piovrauz

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec '10 - 08:43 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I personally don't care much if XMPlay gets a translation, but I suppose the right approach would be something like language packs, so the actual translation is not on Ian shoulders. Still, I can imagine that this would require some code from him, and I don't know how much; also, the space in the windows may be too little for some languages.
I don't think it's worth it, and even if XMPlay gets localized in my language, well, I'd still use the native english. XD
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec '10 - 13:28 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just to clarify, I'm not against the idea of translations. There have been quite a lot of generous offers to translate XMPlay to various languages over the years, and I was keen on the idea, but after considering things, it's hard to see how it would be possible to do well. The main problem is the option windows, eg. fitting translations in the tightly allocated space. So I have to admit I'm not quite so keen on the idea now, but it could still happen, eg. if the option layout should happen to change to a tabular layout at some point.

A simple solution (of sorts) that comes to mind is to add a Google translate option on the support site. I guess automated translations may not be totally accurate, but I guess they should still make some sense Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: