Author Topic: Old:Winamp Visualisations in XMPlay (0.9.11) (plus album art with auto download)  (Read 126077 times)

Barna

hmm, maybe your tags are stored with some weird kind of or order of (un)synchronized tags (uhh, yeah... all specs about it here) which I didn't implement correctly so it isn't able to find the images in the tag.

Well if you aren't able to provide me with a sample track, can you tell me then what application you used for tagging and storing the image inside the tags so I could reproduce the behavior?
« Last Edit: 20 Apr '08 - 20:03 by Barna »

dypsis

hmm, maybe your tags are stored with some weird kind of or order of (un)synchronized tags (uhh, yeah... all specs about it here) which I didn't implement correctly so it isn't able to find the images in the tag.

Well if you aren't able to provide me with a sample track, can you tell me then what application you used for tagging and storing the image inside the tags so I could reproduce the behavior?
I used Tag&Rename.

I can provide a track if you like.

dypsis

I sent you a PM with an mp3 link for testing.

Thanks...

Barna

Ahhh, I just checked when you posted the first time, it was before I updated the front page with 0.9.7... You probably still have the broken version 0.9.6 which had problem with covers inside MP3s.
Well, thanks for the PM but I guess it all was unnecessary :-)

Again, Download: http://www.nukular.ch/winamp_svp_0.9.7.zip

dypsis

Ahh!

I am not at home right now.

I think maybe I do have the previous version.

I will check it out later.

Thanks for your help.

dypsis

I had v0.9.6.

v0.9.7 works.  :)

amit

Hello Barna , your plugin works fine . Just a couple of suggestions:

1.Is it possible to hide the winamp visualization window from windows taskbar?
2.This is just an idea. I am not sure how complicated it is to implement : if no album cover is found then the plugin will show one of the other viz plugins installed or just a plain spectrum analyzer.

Silhwan

I have tested Milkdrop 2.0c with my work TBassplayer and have found that Milkdrop operates in a seperate process by default.
( => Shows the ICON of Milkdrop on task bar )
I modified one item in the inilization file (milk2.ini) : skin=0 => skin=1,
and Milkdrop operates in non-seperate process.
I think XMplay should provide Milkdrop with the drawer (= container window which has Winamp-Like window frame and canvas where Milkdrop puts image ) to let Milkdrop operate in non-seperate process.
TBassplayer uses Gen_VisDrawer.dll as the provider of drawer, so XMplay can use this library also.
If you want to know more about driving Winamp Visualizations with Gen_VisDrawer.dll, see VisDrive.pas in the package of TBassPlayer.

The Gen_VisDrawer.dll is included in the package of TBassPlayer.
    http://www.torry.net/quicksearchd.php?String=TBassPlayer&Title=Yes

ps) I cannot start Milkdrop 2.0d with TBassplayer.
     getVisHeader has 0 after executing following code.
       getVisHeader := GetProcAddress(VisDLLHandle, 'winampVisGetHeader');
     If you have any idea on this problem please let me know. 

Dimon3000

It would be quite useful if there will be an option "Do not stretch a cover art"

Jace

Like Middle-click -> Album art alignment/stretch?

Dimon3000

Yes. But that "stretch" option toggles only a horizontal stretch of a cover art. Vertical stretch is always on  :-[

Jace

Hmm, you mean so the picture would be shown in original size, no matter what? Even if it fills up a stamp-sized area or shows only a tiny portion of the whole picture?

dypsis

I cannot seem to get it to display album art with FLAC files. I have used the same tagger for both MP3 and FLAC files. The MP3 files display album art, but not FLAC.

Barna

Hi there

Sorry for not replying and/or updating for a while. Here's a new version:
Download: http://www.nukular.ch/winamp_svp_0.9.8.zip

It now supports images stored in FLAC metadata.
While FLAC uses vorbis comments for its usual text tags it has a few extensions for the meta data including the stored pictures. This means, no support for images in vorbis comments (i.e. OGG files) currently (should not happen as vorbis comments are intended for text data only anyway).
The plugin still only supports JPEG and PNG images. No GIF so far (or any other image format).

I cannot seem to get it to display album art with FLAC files. I have used the same tagger for both MP3 and FLAC files. The MP3 files display album art, but not FLAC.
See above. Hope it works for your files.

It would be quite useful if there will be an option "Do not stretch a cover art"
I added a fifth align/stretch option which disables all stretching and aligning completely.
If you'd still like to align it but without the stretching I'll probably end up making two options for these settings :-)

dypsis

Thanks for the update Barna.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work my FLAC files.

Barna

Hmm... too bad...
I followed the official specs at http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#metadata_block_picture and tried it with my audio tagger application 'Mp3tag' (which does not only tag ID3/MP3 as the name may imply).
What tagger application did you use?

dypsis

What tagger application did you use?
I used Tag&Rename. I just had a look at the tags with Mp3tag, and it can see them. Other players can also.

Barna

The JPEG image I added with T&R appeared fine in winamp_svp 0.9.8 (you can check version by disabling the setting 'Show Album Art').
Please make sure you upgraded and used a JPEG image (or PNG, but not GIF).

Otherwise, you'd have to upload a sample (maybe you have a really short, tagged, non-working FLAC track you could upload somewhere. You can upload files on mediafire for instance).

dypsis

I have uploaded a sample FLAC file for you to test Barna.

Check your PM.  :)

Barna

Thanks for the sample.
Seems like you both have a normal FLAC tag preceded by an ID3 tag in your file. According to the FLAC specs this is discouraged but allowed nevertheless.
So now I succeeded in correctly reading to the end of any kind of ID3 tag and reading the FLAC tag if it follows that.

Download: http://www.nukular.ch/winamp_svp_0.9.9.zip

Ohoh... 0.9.9... Before, I wanted to go with a 1.0 release some time with a name change but I still can't decide what to do...
Well, there's always 0.9.10 I guess :-)

dypsis

Thanks for that Barna.

All working.

EAC uses ID3 tags for basic tagging. But when I use Tag&Rename, to fully tag, it uses FLAC tags.

How do I get EAC to use FLAC tags? I cannot see it anywhere in options.

Or if I cannot get EAC to tag with FLAC tags, how can I now remove the ID3 tags from my FLAC files?
« Last Edit: 10 Jun '08 - 07:19 by dypsis »

piovrauz

I use mp3tag, there is an option to choose wich tag read/write/delete.

dypsis

OK. I found a method to remove ID3 tags that are with FLAC files.

When use Mp3tag to remove ID3 tags, it removes all tags including the FLAC tag. But if you choose Undo, it restores FLAC tags only. The only thing that I have noticed that isn't restored is the cover art. So you will need to restore that manually.

If anyone knows a better way, I would be interested.

Barna

Yeah the remove option of Mp3tag seems not really designed for FLAC files...
So I googled and came up with an application called Tag.
You can find it at http://www.synthetic-soul.co.uk/tag/
The discussion about removing ID3 from FLAC files is at this link on hydrogenaudio forums.
Most important is the switch --removeid3v2. Works fine (it's actually a very simple file operation). See the thread for more usages like handling all files recursive and so on.

dypsis

Yeah the remove option of Mp3tag seems not really designed for FLAC files...
So I googled and came up with an application called Tag.
You can find it at http://www.synthetic-soul.co.uk/tag/
The discussion about removing ID3 from FLAC files is at this link on hydrogenaudio forums.
Most important is the switch --removeid3v2. Works fine (it's actually a very simple file operation). See the thread for more usages like handling all files recursive and so on.
Thanks Barna.

Can you do multiple files in one pass with the switch? What do I put in <files>?

Tag --removeid3v2 <files>