Author Topic: Library content disappears  (Read 4395 times)

Library content disappears
« on: 18 Jul '08 - 06:08 »
Hi again,
I've all my gamemusic content on drive G:\ which is a network shared filesystem from a central windows machine.
When I add the directory in the library settings, xmplay correctly adds all the files into the library and scans them.
After that, when I close xmplay and restart it, everything is fine, the whole content (about 3800 files) are displayed again and can be played.
When the server is not available (drive G not accessible) xmplay starts and marks all the files in the library with a red line.
Now if I close XMplay and restart it, xmplay has an empty library.
Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?
Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Library content disappears
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul '08 - 16:08 »
As well as adding new files to the library, the directory monitoring will also remove files that go missing (unless they have overridden tags and "Keep tracks with overridden tags" is enabled). In your case, the entire directory has gone missing. Here's an update to try, which shouldn't remove any of the tracks in that case...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Pike84

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul '08 - 23:26 »
I'm not sure if it's about this update, but there's a problem with title bubbles and the colour of the time and title area of the main panel.

Screenshot:
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmpbugej3.jpg

[edit]
The problem seems to have disappeared after restarting XMPlay. If you can't find the problem outright yourself, I will gladly report any further buggy behaviour :).
« Last Edit: 20 Jul '08 - 07:42 by Pike84 »

Barna

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul '08 - 13:31 »
I've seen something like this during development of my two plugins (winamp_svp and xmp-lockpause). I think it could be because XMPlay gets controlled (either with window messages or it's plugin/visualisation interface) from outside it's main playing thread. But as you, I wasn't able to reproduce it deliberately.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul '08 - 16:16 »
Yep, I don't think that problem is a new thing. I've seen it a few times before too, at least the black areas (not sure about the bubbles). I think the blackness is failed "blitting", but I don't know why it happens. And as it seems to be totally random (not easily reproducible), I haven't been able to investigate it. If you find some way to reproduce it, let me know :)

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul '08 - 17:25 »
Ian,
thanks for the update. it exactly solves the problem. When the drive is not available all the tracks are marked missing - as soon as the drive is accessible the tracks are shown normally.
Again, thanks!!!