Author Topic: Plugin Question...  (Read 2764 times)

Jester

Plugin Question...
« on: 18 Jul '08 - 07:09 »
Hi,

Do you guys plan to release a plugin for xmplayer that will allow you to play modules from the web? Or a 'flashed' xmplayer that supports all the current playable modules (including the ones that xmplayer requires a plugin for like NSF/SPC etc..etc...) I would personally appreciate it *Alot*

Thank you for an awesome player otherwise!

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Re: Plugin Question...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul '08 - 09:43 »
This question has popped up quite a few times over the years, but since ActiveX controls are considered evil by many people and Ian writes and maintains XMPlay as a hobby (or BASS side product), it all depends on him.
I'd rather go for a Mozilla plug-in anyway. ;D

The only alternative would be using the ModPlug web plug-in, but that is being "phased out", i.e. discontinued.

Zarggg

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul '08 - 17:31 »
Since module formats are non-streaming to begin with, this really wouldn't be a benefit over downloading to a temp directory anyway (which is what XMPlay currently does with non-stream formats).

Jester

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul '08 - 22:20 »
Thank you both for the replies!

I will continue using xmplayer otherwise as it truly does kick ass!

-J  ;D

Jace

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul '08 - 23:09 »
Just to nitpick somewhat offtopicly, there is no "er" in "XMPlay".

Sam_Zen

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul '08 - 02:43 »
The ModPlug web plug-in is the right suggestion in this case. It has stopped being developed, but it can still function as a plugin for FireFox.
I've dedicated some pages about this plugin, here and here
I also made a txt file about embedding a module format in a webpage here

gigalot

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul '08 - 09:46 »
New SV8 in_mpc.dll plugin for Musepack which works good with Winamp 2.xx seems for Xmplayer. is it possible to get a correct SV8 MPC plugin for XmPlayer?