16 Sep '14 - 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Album and Cover Art Vis Plugin - with auto download (xmp-coverart rev.7)  (Read 125593 times)
Rich Nagel

« Reply #120 on: 28 Apr '10 - 05:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the link, Dotpitch Smiley

You know, my brain must be whacky. After again trying to extract the image using the MultiExtractor utility that I mentioned previously on the MP3 I uploaded, it indeed was able to extract the JPG. Also, I had a look at the MP3 in a hex editor, and sure enough, the JPG was in there (I saw the standard JPG headers and such).

So, in conclusion, the original unencrypted image is indeed being added to the MP3s by WMP, but apparently in some screwball sort of way that the plugin doesn't understand.
Bobjohnson
« Reply #121 on: 1 May '10 - 13:44 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hello,

I've copied the svp file in the folder but it does'nt appear in the plugin list (I see there only the MSN plugin and the minilyrics plugin) I tried to copy it one more time in a "plugin" folder and relaunched Xmplay times and times again but it nevers shows in the list. Could you please help me? (Is it related to Vista?) I have tried it with the 3.42 and the 3.51 version but it's the same.
Dotpitch

« Reply #122 on: 1 May '10 - 14:40 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've copied the svp file in the folder but it does'nt appear in the plugin list (I see there only the MSN plugin and the minilyrics plugin) ...
RTFM! Smiley
Quote from: xmp-coverart.txt (came with xmp-coverart.svp)
To run it, copy xmp-coverart.svp somewhere under the XMPlay directory and restart XMPlay. In XMPlay press F9 (or select the Visuals panel), right click the window and select the 'XMPlay Cover Art' plugin from the list.
xmp-coverart is not a plugin, it's a visual. So, you have to look for it in the Visual tab of the Info Window (Beginner's Guide - The Info Window). Can you find it now?
Bobjohnson
« Reply #123 on: 2 May '10 - 12:25 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks!

It works fine now, I really appreciate your plugin !
garson

« Reply #124 on: 3 Jul '10 - 17:39 »
Reply with quoteQuote

What about .ape and .wv? Are those formats gonna be supported in future?
Matt K.
« Reply #125 on: 4 Aug '10 - 02:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Barna:

This is a great add-on for XMPlay, which will be my future replacement for WinAmp... Thanks for all the hard work!

I just have one question... Is there a way to access the settings for this for those who are unlucky enough to have only two mouse buttons? I had seen requests for this, but never saw any acknowledgement of wether or not there was a way around having to "middle click" to get the settings menu...
Dotpitch

« Reply #126 on: 4 Aug '10 - 07:53 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is there a way to access the settings for this for those who are unlucky enough to have only two mouse buttons?
No, it's still on the request list, so you're stuck with the middle mouse button for now. You could install AutoHotkey with a script like Mouse Wheel Emulator.
Matt K.
« Reply #127 on: 6 Aug '10 - 04:36 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Bernard:

I have noticed a bug...

It involves the "Select Cover" configuration menu, Not sure exactly how to reproduce it, but basically after playing a second MP3 the menu shows several invalid entries which are ignored by the vis... Disabling and re-enabling the vis will correct it until another track is selected...

I also have a feature request...

Could you make it so certain covers (IE: "Cover (Front) "ID3)") can be unselected from future use or even better so the selection order is configurable?

Thanks, this really is a must have vis...

Matt K.
Matt K.
« Reply #128 on: 21 Aug '10 - 03:15 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Barna:

Geez! Sorry, I just realised I goofed on your name in the previous reply Embarrassed...

Waiting to hear back on this with baited breath...

Matt K.
saga

« Reply #129 on: 21 Aug '10 - 07:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Geez! Sorry, I just realised I goofed on your name in the previous reply Embarrassed...
Too much Day of the Tentacle? Grin
Matt K.
« Reply #130 on: 26 May '11 - 15:01 »
Reply with quoteQuote

HELP!!!

I'm still having a buggy coverart menu after a track change...

and...

Now XMPlay crashes when it's downloading coverart! Huh

I'm currently running XMPlay 3.6 Portable (from PortableApps.com download) XMP WAVIS v5, and XMP Cover Art Vis v6 under Win XP SP3
Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #131 on: 26 May '11 - 16:06 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm currently running XMPlay 3.6 Portable (from PortableApps.com download) XMP WAVIS v5, and XMP Cover Art Vis v6 under Win XP SP3

Why are you using the PortableApps.com version?  XMPlay does not write to the registry and leaves no traces behind.  The PortableApps.com version only puts XMPlay into their prescribed directory structure and provides automatic integration into their menu.  There is no other advantage to using the PortableApps.com version.

However, if you use the regular version, you can upgrade to the latest version (enabling new features and also avoiding possible bugs).  Futher, you will avoid the directory structure manipulations that could be contributing to your issues with downloading/installing cover art.  You can put XMPlay into their menu system with little to no effort. 

If you don't know how to add non-PortableApps.com programs to the menu, they have a brief how-to on their site.  Either that, or I can help.

I don't use cover art, so I can't help you with that.
Dotpitch

« Reply #132 on: 26 May '11 - 17:00 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Now XMPlay crashes when it's downloading coverart!
Trying it now, it crashes here as well. Switch off 'Use Google Images' and it should be fine. Apparently Google changed the results page and the parser is crashing on it.
Matt K.
« Reply #133 on: 27 May '11 - 02:55 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Switch off 'Use Google Images' and it should be fine. Apparently Google changed the results page and the parser is crashing on it.

You're right, I turned off Google images and that seems to have kept it from crashing...

Thanks Dotpitch!

How about an update that'll fix the Google images Barna?

(And while we're at it have you thought about my other post that didn't seem to get any constructive responses?)

Barna:

I have noticed a bug...

It involves the "Select Cover" configuration menu, Not sure exactly how to reproduce it, but basically after playing a second MP3 the menu shows several invalid entries which are ignored by the vis... Disabling and re-enabling the vis will correct it until another track is selected...

I also have a feature request...

Could you make it so certain covers (IE: "Cover (Front) "ID3)") can be unselected from future use or even better so the selection order is configurable?

Thanks, this really is a must have vis...

Matt K.
Matt K.
« Reply #134 on: 30 Mar '12 - 07:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hey...

As reported a while back, the "Use Google Images" now crashes the plugin (and the rest of XMPlay in the process!) and needs to be disabled in order to use the "Download Covers" option. I also have recently discovered that Amazon is no longer returning covers either... (If you check the log, it shows an error that states "Your request is missing required parameters. Required parameters include AssociateTag.")

I think it's about time for an updated version of the plugin... (How about it, B?)

Still a big fan of XMPlay and the CoverArt vis...
(I just don't like seeing outdated code cripple otherwise wonderful programming!)

Matt K.
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #135 on: 8 Apr '12 - 19:55 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If the author decides to update this plugin, I suggest that he adds www.albumartexchange.com as an additional image search option. There are hundreds of high quality album images there. Smiley
« Last Edit: 26 Apr '12 - 23:37 by Chinese Sausage » Logged
Matt K.
« Reply #136 on: 12 May '12 - 03:52 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If the author decides to update this plugin, I suggest that he adds www.albumartexchange.com as an additional image search option. There are hundreds of high quality album images there. Smiley

Although I also make extensive use of the covers at http://www.albumartexchange.com, I think it would probably not work because of the "bot check" screens (The ones that get you to put in a random word once in a while) that site uses...

Matt K.
Matt K.
« Reply #137 on: 12 May '12 - 04:02 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just curious... What language(s) is this plugin written in?

(I once studied programming in college.)

If I get enough energy and annoyed enough with my issues, I might (maybe) possibly even take a crack at updating it myself... (If I can make enough sense of it and get my head into programmer mode, and find the time to muck with the code, assuming that the author would grant access to the plugin code.) of course, I'd freely share the updated versions here for the benefit of all that are interested.

Matt K.
Matt K.

« Reply #138 on: 12 May '12 - 04:17 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ok, I've posted enough times that I (finally) registered...
Zarggg

« Reply #139 on: 13 May '12 - 05:39 »
Reply with quoteQuote

The owner/webmaster of Album Art Exchange has specifically stated that he does not want his website used in auto-downloading applications such as this plugin.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: