Author Topic: BASS for Win64 (x64)  (Read 203098 times)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: BASS for Win64 (x64)
« Reply #50 on: 15 Sep '09 - 15:42 »
Here's an x64 BASS_ALAC build...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass_alac-x64.zip

And here's a BASS_AAC build too...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass_aac-x64.zip

A BASSMIDI build has also been added to the package in the 1st post.

ken

« Reply #51 on: 17 Sep '09 - 14:21 »
Great progress on x64 add-ins.

But I need a x64 version of BASS_WADSP. Is that possible? And how will the "winamp dsp" work (specialy sound soulution "dsp_ss131b.dll")

/Ken

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: 17 Sep '09 - 15:32 »
But I need a x64 version of BASS_WADSP. Is that possible?

I guess the add-on could be ported, but unfortunately I don't think it would be much use as the Winamp plugins would need to be x64 too.

radio42

« Reply #53 on: 17 Sep '09 - 16:10 »
Exactly, unfortunately the BASS_WADSP as well as the BASS_VST add-ons cannot really be ported, as they also load dlls internally.
The BASS_WADSP add-on will load the Winamp DSP dlls and the BASS_VST add-on will load the VSTv2 DSP dlls.

However, for both cases it is the same:
- Winamp plugin dlls only exist as 32-bit dlls
- VSTv2 DSP dlls only exist as 32-bit dlls

So, as far as I can see, there is no real chance to ever port those two add-ons to 64-bit!

The only exception might be the BASS_VST add-on.
Here Steinberg introduced a new VST API: v3 - which is available in 64-bit.
But...this API is so drastically different from VSTv2, that is a nightmare to reimplement the entire BASS_VST add-on just for that.
Also, up to now, not many VST developers have actually moved to the new VSTv3 API - meaning there are not many VSTv3 plugins available.
That's why there is no real need to move to this new API for now...

ken

« Reply #54 on: 17 Sep '09 - 20:12 »
Exactly, unfortunately the BASS_WADSP as well as the BASS_VST add-ons cannot really be ported, as they also load dlls internally.
The BASS_WADSP add-on will load the Winamp DSP dlls and the BASS_VST add-on will load the VSTv2 DSP dlls.

Not happy to hear that.

Any chance that the "winamp dll's" can run in 32 mode in Vista 64, like Vista 64 emulate to run a 32 bit app?

radio42

« Reply #55 on: 17 Sep '09 - 21:21 »
Of course you can run any 32-bit app on a Windows 64-bit OS.
If your application is build as a pure 32-bit application, you can still run any 32-bit dll with it - even on a 64-bit Vista system.

But NO application can mix 32-bit and 64-bit dlls! This has nothing to do with BASS or BASS.NET - this is simply a limitation of the OS itself and also pretty much evident, as 32-bit and 64-bit pointers can not be mixed within one application.

ken

« Reply #56 on: 18 Sep '09 - 14:39 »
Of course you can run any 32-bit app on a Windows 64-bit OS.
If your application is build as a pure 32-bit application, you can still run any 32-bit dll with it - even on a 64-bit Vista system.

Sure but I can't run my C# app on x64, I have to swapp all bass*.dll for 64bit versions exept Bass.NET, then my app work on x64.

radio42

« Reply #57 on: 18 Sep '09 - 15:19 »
Of course...but there are ways to solve this:

a) you might explicitly build your app for 2 targets: a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version
b) your app might access the bass dlls at different sub-folders, e.g. provide a \x86 and a \x64 folder

So I don't see your real issue or I don't understand your question?

ken

« Reply #58 on: 19 Sep '09 - 23:56 »
Of course...but there are ways to solve this:

a) you might explicitly build your app for 2 targets: a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version
b) your app might access the bass dlls at different sub-folders, e.g. provide a \x86 and a \x64 folder

So I don't see your real issue or I don't understand your question?

I have a C# app that uses BASS_WADSP and I WinAmp DSP plugin, I need to run that app on a x64 Vista. So you mean if I compile it som only 32-bit it will work on Vista x64 as Vista emulate 32-bit enviroment?

bits

« Reply #59 on: 20 Sep '09 - 01:15 »
Windows 64bit has no problems running applications compiled as 32bit.
Windows 64bit has no problems running applications compiled as 64bit.

64bit applications can not run 32bit code and the same in reverse, this is a limitation of Windows.
The Winamp plugins were compiled as 32bit code, so BASS 64bit can not run them. If the Winamp plugin developer was to rebuild their plugin as 64bit, it wouldn't work inside the current 32bit Winamp, but a BASS 64bit would be able to run the plugin.

BASS 32bit can run 32bit code on Windows 64bit without an issue.

It's probably best to think of Windows 64bit as being 2 computers on the 1 screen. You have a 64bit computer that runs all 64bit code and a 32bit computer that runs all the 32bit code. While both run perfectly alone and are happening on the screen together, there is huge limitations on talking between those 2 computers.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep '09 - 01:17 by bits »

ken

« Reply #60 on: 20 Sep '09 - 10:36 »
Great I compiled my C# app as x86. Now it works fin on Vista 64-bit as emulated 32-bit.

you learn something new every day...

Latch

« Reply #61 on: 23 Oct '09 - 10:33 »
Also need links to the latest x64 version of... "bassasio"

In case you haven't already found it, an x64 BASSASIO build can be found here...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassasio-x64.zip

Can you please make a x64 version of the ALAC decoder with the newer 24bit supporting code?

I think that should be possible. I'll look into it this week.

Ian,

Please take the time to create a "downloads" page.  It's getting old having to search through these forums to find links to individual file downloads one by one everytime I need one.  It's also hard to track which version goes with which.  I'm sure you could have a download page with all the versions in an organized table with download links, version info, what is x64 and what is x86, etc.., etc..  AND it would save you a lot of time in always having to give people individual links.  Also, if you do do this, please have links to older versions as well.  For example, I'm still waiting for BassVideo to catch up with the rest of you guys.  His last stable version only works with an older bass and bass.net versions and I don't think he's anywhere close to having an x64 version ready.

On another note, can you look into this forum software being IE8 compatible?  As I type this messgae, the bottom line is always off the screen and I can't see what I'm typing except for a split second as the each key is pressed.  I've tried it on different machines, so I'm sure it's the page.  I know you're using a third party forum software, but you might want to see if there's an update.

ok, enough complaining.  Other than that, I love Bass!

Just a thought...

(: JOBnik! :)

« Reply #62 on: 23 Oct '09 - 12:16 »
Hi ;D

Turn on the Compatibility View in IE8 for this website and this forum will show fine :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: 23 Oct '09 - 17:53 »
Please take the time to create a "downloads" page.  It's getting old having to search through these forums to find links to individual file downloads one by one everytime I need one.  It's also hard to track which version goes with which.  I'm sure you could have a download page with all the versions in an organized table with download links, version info, what is x64 and what is x86, etc.., etc..  AND it would save you a lot of time in always having to give people individual links.

All current "official" releases are available from the BASS webpage. The builds posted on the forum aren't final releases, but rather stuff to try out. All being well, they eventually end up as official releases on the webpage. That reminds me... the Win64 version of BASSASIO is now officially released :)

floele

« Reply #64 on: 7 Mar '10 - 16:33 »
I got the same problem as kelarmin, has anyone found a solution yet?

Returns false: Bass.BASS_Init(1, 44100, Un4seen.Bass.BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero, Guid.Empty)
Returns true: Bass.BASS_Init(0, 44100, Un4seen.Bass.BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero, Guid.Empty)

The first one works in x86. Even though the second one succeeds, I get BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL when using BASS_StreamCreateFile() for a simple MP3 file.

radio42

« Reply #65 on: 7 Mar '10 - 20:50 »
Guid.Empty is not a valid DirectSound class identifier.
In that case you should try the other overload:
Bass.BASS_Init(0, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);

floele

« Reply #66 on: 8 Mar '10 - 17:40 »
OK, that was easy, works better now.

However, I got a new problem: Now, whenever I call BASS_TAG_GetFromFile for an MP3 file in the *mp3-free* version, I get an AccessViolationException:

bei Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFileUnicode(Boolean A_0, String A_1, Int64 A_2, Int64 A_3, BASSFlag A_4)
   bei Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFile(String file, Int64 offset, Int64 length, BASSFlag flags)
   bei Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.BassTags.BASS_TAG_GetFromFile(String file, Boolean setDefaultTitle, Boolean prescan)
   bei Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.BassTags.BASS_TAG_GetFromFile(String file)
   bei ...(my code)

radio42

« Reply #67 on: 8 Mar '10 - 18:34 »
That sounds like a BASS x64 issue, as "BASS_StreamCreateFileUnicode" is a native call directly into BASS.
So I am affraid Ian needs to look at this.

floele

« Reply #68 on: 8 Mar '10 - 19:38 »
OK, thanks. Btw, can I also have the x64 MPC DLL?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: 9 Mar '10 - 14:53 »
Now, whenever I call BASS_TAG_GetFromFile for an MP3 file in the *mp3-free* version, I get an AccessViolationException:

Please upload the troublesome MP3 file to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

floele

« Reply #70 on: 9 Mar '10 - 18:02 »
I uploaded AccessViolationException.mp3. I believe that it happens with all MP3s though.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: 10 Mar '10 - 17:18 »
Ah yes, there was indeed a problem in the Win64 "mp3-free" BASS.DLL version (in the "Windows MP3 codec given preference" stuff). An updated DLL is now in the package (see 1st post). The standard BASS.DLL and a few add-ons have also been updated to the latest stuff.

jerryh273

« Reply #72 on: 11 Mar '10 - 17:08 »
Thanks much!

floele

« Reply #73 on: 14 Mar '10 - 12:01 »
Thanks, works nicely.
What about MPC?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: 16 Mar '10 - 14:59 »
A BASS_MPC build is now up in the 1st post.