Author Topic: BASSCD and CUE sheets  (Read 7759 times)

3delite

BASSCD and CUE sheets
« on: 25 Oct '08 - 12:44 »
Hi!

I am making a CUE sheet library which makes reading and writing CUE sheets simple and I run into the question on how do I handle the pregap data that BASSCD returns. When making the CUE sheet how do I have to handle the pregap value?
Do I need to add it to the track length? For example pregap for track 0 + length track 0 = length for track 0?

If anybody has some info please share!

For those who are interested see: CUE Library 1.1 package

3delite
« Last Edit: 7 Nov '08 - 11:24 by 3delite »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: BASSCD and CUE sheets
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct '08 - 14:41 »
The pregap position would go in the track's "INDEX 00" entry, and the start position would go in the "INDEX 01" entry. To calculate the pregap position, subtract the BASS_CD_GetTrackPregap length from the track start position.

3delite

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct '08 - 18:02 »
Thanx!

But in the meantime I found out that there is a PREGAP info for CUE sheets. I'd like to ues that one.
For now I simply store the result of the BASS_CD_GetTrackPregap() in the PREGAP line. I don't know if that's correct, maybe someone can confirm this?
Or is it a seek position value?

Updated the package, there is also a unicode version of the .dll in it (fully reads and writes unicode CUE sheets).

3delite

3delite

« Reply #3 on: 3 Nov '08 - 16:59 »
Just finished the 1.1 version (still in beta stage).
  • Full support of the CUE sheet standard (ALL info is read-written)
  • Full unicode support

The ANSI version reads and writes only ANSI CUE sheet files, the unicode version reads and writes ANSI and unicode CUE sheet files also.
It also supports multiple INDEXes like Ian suggested.

Download: CUE Library 1.1

Beta testers are wellcome. Also if anybody could translate the CUELibraryDefs.pas and the examples to C and VB I give him a free shareware or commercial license. I know only Delphi. That's €50 or €250 saving for (less then) an hour work.

3delite
« Last Edit: 7 Nov '08 - 11:24 by 3delite »

3delite

« Reply #4 on: 7 Nov '08 - 11:23 »
Final version is available. It automatically detects quotes. Contains bug fixes also so please re-download if you use it.

3delite
« Last Edit: 7 Nov '08 - 11:26 by 3delite »