Author Topic: XMPlay 2.7 is fantastic - question/request.  (Read 3470 times)

stuartt

XMPlay 2.7 is fantastic - question/request.
« on: 31 May '03 - 08:21 »
Wow.  XMPlay 2.7 plays MP3s files much better than Windows Media Player 9 - they sound much more rich and realistic.  Fantastic work.

The only thing that does annoy me is that when you first play a file in XMPlay 2.7, it puts the Wave volume up full.  Can this behaviour be disabled, so this Wave volume level is not effected?

Since installing Windows Media Player 9, I find that MP3s and CD-Audio tracks occassionally "jump".  I have ECC enabled, as suggested, but this does not fix it - not even when I select Analog output instead of Digital output.  Has anybody else had this same problem with WMP9?  Is it perhaps Microsoft's codecs being bad?  I never had this problem with previous versions of WMP.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: XMPlay 2.7 is fantastic - question/request.
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun '03 - 21:07 »
The only thing that does annoy me is that when you first play a file in XMPlay 2.7, it puts the Wave volume up full.  Can this behaviour be disabled, so this Wave volume level is not effected?

It'll be possible to leave the soundcard volume unaffected in the next release. In the meantime, you could just put the volume slider at the same level as you normally have it in the Windows mixer, and leave it there :)
« Last Edit: 1 Jun '03 - 21:08 by Ian @ un4seen »

stuartt

Re: XMPlay 2.7 is fantastic - question/request.
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun '03 - 22:11 »
Yes, Ian, this is what I've done already.   ;)
Thanks for the reply.   :)