Author Topic: .rm support  (Read 7411 times)

skiptracer

.rm support
« on: 28 Apr '03 - 20:38 »
I saw somewhere a plugin for Winamp that provided .rm support so you wouldn't need Real on your computer. Does anybody know if there is one out there that works with XM? ???

he-man

Torkell

Re: .rm support
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr '03 - 21:18 »
I believe that you are looking for "Tara" (see http://support.xmplay.com). HOWEVER, apparently the plugin will complain left right & centre unless you have RealPlayer (RealOne Player works also) installed.

« Reply #3 on: 7 May '03 - 17:46 »
How .rm stream can be saved as file on disk?

Torkell

« Reply #4 on: 10 May '03 - 16:33 »
With difficulty, apparently. Try using the WAV writer or something like OGGENC, and it should (in theory) work. I tried once and it failed, but then again mine had a video channel as well which probably killed it (tho I was only after the sound).

kamnet

« Reply #5 on: 14 May '03 - 07:18 »
The EASY way to save an .rm stream is to use RA to WAV, found at http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com/ ... just punch in the URL and it goes.

« Reply #6 on: 14 May '03 - 08:14 »
Thanks, but it cannnot record video channel. Does anyone know software capable of record .rm stream accessible via protocol rtsp:// ?

r.e.n

« Reply #7 on: 19 May '03 - 13:41 »
Streambox VCR?

Torkell

« Reply #8 on: 19 May '03 - 14:11 »

Streambox VCR?

hmmm...
*clickityclickitytap* Google Search: "Streambox VCR"
Streambox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 looks like the most likely candidate... *click*

Streambox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1

The much sought after web mirror tool which is also capable of recording video streams. This excellent piece of software is extremely hard to find nowadays.

Please read the unofficial manual for Streambox VCR for instructions on the setup and use of the software.

Note! This program is no longer supported by the author. Streambox had legal difficulties with RealNetworks Inc. and therefor this program is illegal to use in the United States -- U.S. users should not download this program!.

It's nice living in the UK... ;D

yet more *clickityclickityclickity*
It looks like a crack needs to be applied to a) make it work with rtsp/pnm and b) stop it "phoning home". Hmmm...
« Last Edit: 19 May '03 - 14:19 by BoggyB »

kamnet

« Reply #9 on: 20 May '03 - 08:21 »
Yes, I have a copy of Streambox VCR, and it works nicely for converting RM video files.