Author Topic: A Small Problem With Timer  (Read 6489 times)

Pike84

A Small Problem With Timer
« on: 18 May '03 - 01:08 »
Ian, I just bumped into a couple of files in my list, that jam the timer right at the beginning of the tracks. It's released only by:

1. moving the mouse over either 'minimize' or 'close' buttons
2. clicking on the position slider (which is jammed too)
3. opening the plugin info dialog
4. switching to another program

I've uploaded an example for you to study into your ftp :).

[update]Now this is a bit weird.. I noticed that all mp3s, that have special characters like 'ä', 'ö' and so on in their ID3 tags' (either v1 or v2) artist field, will produce this timer jamming bug. That's why the Blümchen's song I sent you, does it too. Hope you can fix it :).
« Last Edit: 18 May '03 - 02:58 by Pike84 »

Greebo

Re: A Small Problem With Timer
« Reply #1 on: 18 May '03 - 06:13 »
Oo, well spotted! That explains why the track time stops everytime I want to listen to Sigur Rós. Darned crazy foreign characters.

Tsorovan

« Reply #2 on: 18 May '03 - 09:00 »
Is this in v2.7? That, as I've said many times — but not many seemed to be able to reproduce it — , happened 100% of the time for me with ALL non-module tracks. Ever since v2.4. Doesn't seem to happen with v2.7 for me though.

Pike84

« Reply #3 on: 18 May '03 - 14:02 »

Is this in v2.7? That, as I've said many times — but not many seemed to be able to reproduce it — , happened 100% of the time for me with ALL non-module tracks. Ever since v2.4. Doesn't seem to happen with v2.7 for me though.

I sure am using 2.7, and actually I only noticed it after downloading this latest version (although I had probably bumped into it before, but thought it was random). So are you sure, that it doesn't happen anymore, Tsorovan? Try with an mp3, and make sure the special character is in the artist field. Also I noticed that the timer sometimes rolls for a second or so, before jamming.

Oo, well spotted! That explains why the track time stops everytime I want to listen to Sigur Rós. Darned crazy foreign characters.

Tsorovan

« Reply #4 on: 18 May '03 - 14:48 »
Confirmed.

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 18 May '03 - 16:25 »
What platform are you on? I'm using WiXP Pro. Hmm, what else could make a difference.. ::). By the way, I just noticed, that actually touching any controls on the player, releases the timer, but I guess that's not very important...

Ian, do you get this bug? Because if you don't, then it could be a tad tricky to fix ;).
« Last Edit: 18 May '03 - 16:36 by Pike84 »

Tsorovan

« Reply #6 on: 18 May '03 - 16:49 »
I mean you were right :D I missed the artist thing first.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 18 May '03 - 17:36 »

Ian, do you get this bug? Because if you don't, then it could be a tad tricky to fix ;).

I didn't at first - don't usually have the artist in my title :)

Anyway, it's a strange one, but I think it's sorted now, and an updated EXE is in the 2.7 ZIP... redownload and check please :)

Pike84

« Reply #8 on: 18 May '03 - 21:03 »
O' joy! :D

Works fine now.
« Last Edit: 18 May '03 - 21:06 by Pike84 »