Author Topic: Delphi 11 BASS for ARM Macs?  (Read 166 times)

MikeatBookup

Delphi 11 BASS for ARM Macs?
« on: 18 Oct '21 - 16:40 »
I'm using Delphi 11 to compile a fat binary which runs in native CPUARM64 mode on my M1 Silicon Mac.

I deploy the same dylibs as provided for OSX (which may be the problem).

The same code/dylibs that work on a regular Mac have BASS_IsAvailable() failing on the M1 Mac.

Can BASS be used with Delphi ARM64 code?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Delphi 11 BASS for ARM Macs?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct '21 - 17:51 »
The current macOS BASS and add-on libraries do include ARM64 support, so it should be possible to do what you want so long as Delphi itself also supports ARM64. I'm not a Delphi user myself, so I'm not sure about any specifics of that. If it isn't currently working, are you getting any error messages to perhaps give some clues?

By the way, what is the BASS_IsAvailable function that you mention? That isn't a standard BASS function.

TDDung

Re: Delphi 11 BASS for ARM Macs?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct '21 - 21:42 »
No. I added it just to check whether BASS library has been successfully loaded.

The current macOS BASS and add-on libraries do include ARM64 support, so it should be possible to do what you want so long as Delphi itself also supports ARM64. I'm not a Delphi user myself, so I'm not sure about any specifics of that. If it isn't currently working, are you getting any error messages to perhaps give some clues?

By the way, what is the BASS_IsAvailable function that you mention? That isn't a standard BASS function.