Author Topic: M4A file: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM  (Read 87 times)

gian

M4A file: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM
« on: 31 May '21 - 16:52 »
Hello,
I'm building a very simple example that creates a decoding stream based on a number of audio files on Linux. Everything works fine except whenever I open a M4A file I get a BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM.

Code: [Select]
Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFile( track.Item.FileName, 0L, 0L, BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE | BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT );
The file exist and according to VLC its a MPEG AAC Audio. Nothing of the code has been changed from Windows so I guess it may be a difference in the alac, flac, aac etc .so files not being loaded?
Can I check somewhere if the plugins are loaded on linux correctly?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: M4A file: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun '21 - 14:53 »
The BASS_PluginLoad return value will indicate whether the plugin was loaded successfully. If you're using BASS.Net's BASS_PluginLoadDirectory function then I believe it returns a list of loaded plugins, which you could check. The BASS_AAC add-on will be needed to support AAC M4A files on Linux, while they're supported natively on Windows (7 and above) via Media Foundation, so they would be playable on Windows even if BASS_AAC isn't loaded.

gian

Re: M4A file: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun '21 - 17:25 »
Thank you. I don't know why, but in the linux version we removed the plugins load for some reason. Now that we correctly attempt to load the .so files, everything runs fine!