Author Topic: Yet Another Remote Control Thread  (Read 37 times)

Jace

Yet Another Remote Control Thread
« on: 15 Sep '21 - 02:40 »
I could've necroed a thread from 5+ years ago or hijacked another adjacent but actually not entirely relevant thread, so here goes.

Is there a convenient way to control XMPlay from another computer these days?

I've had a look at the somewhat recent XMPlay Web (and Android) Remote Control, but the webpage has a syntax error on the javascripts. And the android app also says something's broken when trying to install it. (Also no source to base things on, that I could find)

Also, there's the xmp-remcon from five years back (updated for XMPlay 3.8.2). It shows up in available plugins list, but can't add it to the loaded plugins list, nor figure out how to actually poke at it.

But what I'm actually looking for isn't (probably) all that complicated.

Would just like to have a way to add a file from playlist (or library) to queue, either with playlist/library position number or filename, though can adjust things to pick the track in any other more convenient way.

Is that doable with currently existing plugins/methods or do I need to (re)learn programming to come up with something workable?

I have already tried an external .exe made to  send DDE commands to XMPlay, but can't figure out a way to call it from a web server in a way that it would be able to control XMPlay (running on a different user and so on. Even PsExec or similar isn't able to send the DDE to the player)

Would be extra nice if it could be done without bringing player/playlist into focus.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Yet Another Remote Control Thread
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep '21 - 16:56 »
The old xmp-remcon plugin should still be working. At least it was here when I tried it just now (with the latest XMPlay version). Perhaps you already have something else running on port 80? If so, you could change the port that xmp-remcon uses in its source code (see "BIND_PORT").

Note it plays files from the playlist/library rather than just queuing them. I haven't tried myself, but it should be possible to get it to queue instead by changing the SendMessageTimeout calls to send 374 ("List track - Queue") instead of 372 ("List track - Play") in the source code.

Jace

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep '21 - 22:07 »
Indeed I do have something on 80.

Well, time to dig out some kinda compiler and wish me luck that I'll get it to work.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep '21 - 16:38 »
Here's a little update with a custom port option for you to try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-remcon.zip

Add this to your XMPLAY.INI file:

Code: [Select]
[remcon]
port=<number>