Author Topic: XMLyrics wonīt recognize XMPlay  (Read 3050 times)

lethe

XMLyrics wonīt recognize XMPlay
« on: 27 Oct '06 - 20:47 »
Hello all,

I have problems with XMLyrics 1.0 (just from the Download-Site)
Everytime I start it, it displays a "XMPlay is not loaded" Message in the Box, where the running song should appear, īthough XMPlay (V3.3) is running.
I wonder why I canīt find any informations about this problem, it seems that it works fine with everyone, but Iīve had this problem on 4 Computers, which means, this must be a configuration or compability problem, but I canīt find any clues.

Could anyone help me or give a hint?

Zarggg

Re: XMLyrics wonīt recognize XMPlay
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct '06 - 04:11 »
XMLyrics is no longer supported or developed (and has not been for some time). It's entirely possible that a change has since been made to XMPlay such that XMLyrics no longer recognizes it.

lethe

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct '06 - 07:43 »
Thanks for the reply.

But do you know any other plugin or application similar to XMLyrics, that still works with XMPlay?
Iīm really fond of the idea, watching the lyrics of my songs, without browsing the net first  ;)

lethe

Brian

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct '06 - 09:45 »
EvilLyrics works fine with XMPlay, although I don't know whether it does exactly the same thing as XMLyrics:

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/

lethe

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov '06 - 14:16 »
Hello,

thanks for the EvilLyrics-Hint.
I still have the problem that I didnīt find Lyrics for just one Song I was playing, but I have to admit, that I hadnīt much time to test it.

Could it be that you need an internet-conection in order to use EvilLyrics or are there any possibilities to store Lyric-Files local?

Thanks in advice
lethe

lethe

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov '06 - 14:18 »
(I mean >Thanks in advance<  :( sorry )

Brian

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov '06 - 15:26 »
Yes, you need to be connected to the internet the first time you want the lyrics to a particular song (where else could they come from?); but then EvilLyrics enables you to cache those lyrics for future offline use.

lethe

« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov '06 - 07:40 »
Yes, you need to be connected to the internet the first time you want the lyrics to a particular song (where else could they come from?);

I could have downloaded them before, as a .lrc-format.
the Problem is, that Iīm under the week somewhere, where I donīt have an internet connection.
Thus I need to download any lyrics I want at the weekend and get 'em there.
It seems that Minilyrics has so far all I need.
(Could be that EvilLyrics handles this all too, as I said, I didnīt find such options..)

Thanks for the answers and for updating the info in the news-section

lethe

Sn1p3r53cR373

Re: XMLyrics recognizes XMPlay
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep '21 - 21:57 »
Although MiniLyrics is an advance Lyrics Displayer for XMPlay and Winamp, however XMLyrics recognizes XMPlay and displays the lyrics, if the directory of lyrics folder full with *.lrc files is set correctly in the Settings of XMLyrics. For example:
Lyrics directory   
X:\Music\   Browse