Author Topic: BASSMIDI Library update  (Read 271 times)

MIDAPMI

BASSMIDI Library update
« on: 8 Apr '21 - 11:57 »
Any update on Bassmidi library like modulator. Btw! You are fixed the decay slope that shutdown notes fastly like blackmidi optimization?

Currently have these problem

Not support CC#7 CC#91 CC#93 to Attenuation Reverb and Chorus for adjust curves :)
Decay slope is very fastly. The audio noteoff slope and decay slope looks better in Fluidsynth. Making a smooth transitions when events is very short.
also i think that is same when volume controller go to  0 instantly makes a clip. (look Gogos.mxmf) from falcosoft demo.

Is all problem that founds at this time.  Others modulators are optionals, this modulators is required. Others can be adittional.

To full DLS compliant inside .sf2 needs GM2/GM cc to reverb and chorus followed of  fix decay/release slope.
To reach common modulators, Bassmidi lack cc#7 and the above modulator.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: BASSMIDI Library update
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr '21 - 17:49 »
I'm afraid there isn't any new modulator support, but the existing modulator support (except velocity->initialAttenuation) was recently improved to support all of the SF2 curves (linear/concave/convex/switch). If you would like to try that, the update is here:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip

MIDAPMI

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr '21 - 11:48 »
you says that also improve the noteoff decay slope? due synthfont 2 beatnik and fluidsynth that is soft synths look more smooth than bass.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr '21 - 15:05 »
No, it's only the modulator curve support that's changed, ie. how the modulator's source values are translated to the destination. Envelope shapes are unchanged.

rv

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr '21 - 10:20 »
Why not velocity->initialAttenuation  ? ;D

MIDAPMI

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr '21 - 15:31 »
Why not velocity->initialAttenuation  ? ;D

Haha, same request here. I have a creative soundblaster original and support without problems. But i think that need improvements on the end decay/release slope for reduce artifacts or clips in note when volume is from 127 to 0 instantly.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr '21 - 17:01 »
The velocity->initialAttenuation modulator is currently hardcoded to use the standard negative unipolar concave curve.

MIDAPMI

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr '21 - 18:38 »
The velocity->initialAttenuation modulator is currently hardcoded to use the standard negative unipolar concave curve.

Some gm2 instruments uses linear in this :V I think that this not will be available on a long time. In this case can not be emulate full hw synth based on DLS/sf2 Bank

MIDAPMI

« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr '21 - 18:44 »
http://midapmimobile.ml/?dir=Soundfonts/Symbian
Here a soundfont that have lastest modulators.

Requires BassMidiFontInitFlags
0x100000 (Linattmod)
Is Symbian 60 BASE.

In comparison to the previos update the sound look very more closer.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr '21 - 18:49 by MIDAPMI »

rv

« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr '21 - 01:00 »
I think the velocity->initialAttenuation  negative unipolar concave curve, is what they call a Default modulator, but can be modified by other values if exists

MIDAPMI

« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr '21 - 03:01 »
I think the velocity->initialAttenuation  negative unipolar concave curve, is what they call a Default modulator, but can be modified by other values if exists

The last priority is CC#7 as if is encrypted or hardcode, will be hard to ian to decode and add any controller to this.

MIDAPMI

« Reply #11 on: 16 Apr '21 - 17:51 »
S40 seems better with last update

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 6 May '21 - 14:17 »
Here's a BASSMIDI update that adds support for the other curves with the velocity->initialAttenuation modulator, but only if the default curve is disabled (0 amount). It also adds support for the velocity->modEnvToFilterFc and velocity->startAddrsOffset modulators.

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip

rv

« Reply #13 on: 6 May '21 - 22:14 »
Code: [Select]
but only if the default curve is disabled (0 amount)
So we need to create 2 modulators, one for disabling the default curve, and another one to define another curve with another value?
Is it following the SF2 specs?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 7 May '21 - 15:54 »
Yes, the only way to disable a default SF2 modulator is to set its amount to 0. For example, when you delete a default modulator in Vienna, it actually adds a 0 amount modulator to the SF2 file. So you shouldn't need to add another modulator for that yourself - just delete the default one and add the custom one.