Author Topic: Allow BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs on mods loaded with BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE  (Read 133 times)

Baby

To sync an animation to an instrument, I'm playing the same mod in parallel with a delay in playback between them.
The first mod was loaded with BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE flag. The second mod was loaded normally. The delay allows me to trigger an animation before the sample is actually heard.

Think a hammer starts moving and hits it's target exactly when a drum can be heard. Like here:
https://odysee.com/@ChronosCodingServices:b/SyncRequest:9

This works pretty nicely, but has one caveat. Because  BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs do not work on mods loaded with BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE, I have to resemble all samples in question in the mod with BASS_SYNC_MUSICFX syncs, rendering these 'negative delays' useless for BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs

So this is a feature request to support BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs on mods loaded with the BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE flag. If there is any other way, please tell me.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Yes, BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs don't currently get triggered if there isn't a sample associated with the instrument/note that's played, which means never when the BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE flag is used. Here's an update that should change that:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.zip

Let me know if you still have the problem with that.

Baby

Thanks a lot!

Baby

The new version doesn't change anything, too bad.  Using x64 dll.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Oops! There were some more changes required to get BASS_SYNC_MUSICINST syncs to trigger with no samples. Here's another update for you to try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.zip

It seems to be working OK now here. Let me know if it's still not working for you. One thing to note is that the volume in the HIWORD of the SYNCPROC "data" parameter will be 0 when a sample isn't played (so always when the BASS_MUSIC_NOSAMPLE flag is used).

Baby

Works like a charm. Thank you very much!