Author Topic: he-aac fixed point decoder for wm?  (Read 5193 times)

TommyB

he-aac fixed point decoder for wm?
« on: 13 Dec '08 - 20:03 »
Hey,
I was searched a long time for a (really) good medis payer for windows mobile, and the best I found is tcpmp. But anyways it is not really good.

So I thought about to create my own media player, but here's the problem.
Sad but true, bass.dll has no port to windows mobile based devices :'( but simple playback I can manage by my own. But I use (almost) only he-aac+. and the devices that uses windows mobile (ARM CPU) are all much faster in processing fixed point instread of floating point.

Now I'm seeking for a windows mobile (2003 and above) .dll that I can use to decode he-aac+ files, or for a source code of this to compile my own dll. Does anyone know where I can find something like that?
I have heard about the helix decoder, but I don't find it's source or binaries...

Thanks in advance

Dotpitch

Re: he-aac fixed point decoder for wm?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec '08 - 20:48 »
I have heard about the helix decoder, but I don't find it's source or binaries...
Check out the Helix Fixed-point HE-AAC decoder. Sources are available from CVS, you don't even have to register to view the files. Oh, and it's tested on ARM :).

TommyB

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec '08 - 20:59 »
I have searched this web page earlier for hours without results. I haven't found a download, except the web svn, but I don't want to download each single file by hand. and using rapidsvn I was not able to connect to the svc. Can you help me out?

Dotpitch

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec '08 - 22:50 »
I have searched this web page earlier for hours without results. I haven't found a download, except the web svn, but I don't want to download each single file by hand. and using rapidsvn I was not able to connect to the svc. Can you help me out?
Well, they do have a CVS Quickstart. Connection to the SVN is over SSH, you'll need an account for that. The fixed point decoder hasn't been updated for a while, so I guess it's easier (and perhaps even faster) to download the files manually once.

TommyB

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec '08 - 10:40 »
hmm lets see how moch time it costs to download each single file :/
But thanks for your replies :)