Author Topic: 3.5 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 108763 times)

Dotpitch

Re: 3.5 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #75 on: 10 Apr '10 - 14:42 »
Last ver3.5.1.12. XMPlay. "Add to XMPlay-list" doesn't shows on right-click mouse :(
It does here. Try re-applying your settings, does that help?

Cosworth

« Reply #76 on: 10 Apr '10 - 17:24 »
Last ver3.5.1.12. XMPlay. "Add to XMPlay-list" doesn't shows on right-click mouse :(
It does here. Try re-applying your settings, does that help?

Nope(
And after new ini settings, still nope(
« Last Edit: 10 Apr '10 - 17:28 by Cosworth »

Dotpitch

« Reply #77 on: 10 Apr '10 - 20:32 »
Nope( And after new ini settings, still nope(
What Windows are you using?

Cosworth

« Reply #78 on: 11 Apr '10 - 11:45 »
Nope( And after new ini settings, still nope(
What Windows are you using?

XP SP3

winner

« Reply #79 on: 11 Apr '10 - 15:47 »
Last ver3.5.1.12. XMPlay.
 "Add to XMPlay-list" doesn't shows on right-click mouse :(
I'm experiencing the same problem with 3.5.1.12. Windows 7 64-bit. "Add to XMPlay-library" doesn't work either. I've tried unchecking and rechecking some file types and both of these settings in order to resave the configuration. This doesn't help.

Dotpitch

« Reply #80 on: 11 Apr '10 - 17:38 »
I've tried unchecking and rechecking some file types and both of these settings in order to resave the configuration. This doesn't help.
Did you close Options and stuff inbetween? I'm not sure when the settings are applied, but it doesn't hurt to try :).

winner

« Reply #81 on: 12 Apr '10 - 01:25 »
I've tried unchecking and rechecking some file types and both of these settings in order to resave the configuration. This doesn't help.
Did you close Options and stuff inbetween? I'm not sure when the settings are applied, but it doesn't hurt to try :).
Yeah, did that.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: 12 Apr '10 - 14:27 »
ok, it's the MOD date estimation thing again... some modules have texts saying something like "originally made in 1999, touch-ups made in 2010 for the tracked music compo at breakpoint"... in that case, xmplay always chooses the lower number (1999) for the year tag. wouldn't it make more sense to choose the higher one (2010)?

It actually simply uses the first year that it finds, rather than specifically looking for the lowest. There is a silly bug though... when looking for a year, there is a limit to ignore future years (as the number probably isn't a year at all), and that is hardcoded as 2009 still, ie. 2010 wouldn't be accepted as a valid year. I'll change that to make it get and use the current year. Would that fix things for your files, or is the older year placed before the "2010" in them?

I don't seem to be able to reproduce that. Does it only happen with that particular update, eg. not with the 3.5.1 release version or any other "stuff" updates that you have previously tried?

saga

« Reply #83 on: 12 Apr '10 - 15:35 »
Would that fix things for your files, or is the older year placed before the "2010" in them?
Yeah, the older year is placed before 2010.

winner

« Reply #84 on: 12 Apr '10 - 23:31 »

I don't seem to be able to reproduce that. Does it only happen with that particular update, eg. not with the 3.5.1 release version or any other "stuff" updates that you have previously tried?
I tried versions 3.5.1.11 and 3.5.1.0 and I see the same trouble. I've also tried toggling the "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" options off and on with all Comodo Internet Security 4 modules disabled and that did not help.

Dotpitch

« Reply #85 on: 13 Apr '10 - 07:45 »
I tried versions 3.5.1.11 and 3.5.1.0 and I see the same trouble. I've also tried toggling the "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" options off and on with all Comodo Internet Security 4 modules disabled and that did not help.
Do the file type associations still work properly? You don't happen to have NoReg=1 in xmplay.ini, do you?

winner

« Reply #86 on: 13 Apr '10 - 13:04 »
Do the file type associations still work properly? You don't happen to have NoReg=1 in xmplay.ini, do you?
The file type associations work properly. I do not have "NoReg=1" in the .ini file.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: 13 Apr '10 - 14:36 »
Yeah, the older year is placed before 2010.

OK. Here's an update to try, which should look for all years and use the most recent...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

If you close the options window after ticking the "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" boxes, and then re-open it, are they still ticked?

Cosworth

« Reply #88 on: 15 Apr '10 - 06:45 »

If you close the options window after ticking the "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" boxes, and then re-open it, are they still ticked?

Yes

winner

« Reply #89 on: 16 Apr '10 - 04:31 »

Yes
Yes, still ticked for me also.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: 16 Apr '10 - 16:09 »
OK, that means the registry settings are apparently being applied fine.

Just to be sure, are you right-clicking on files that are an "XMPlay-able" type? The "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" options won't apply to other file types.

winner

« Reply #91 on: 16 Apr '10 - 23:48 »
OK, that means the registry settings are apparently being applied fine.

Just to be sure, are you right-clicking on files that are an "XMPlay-able" type? The "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" options won't apply to other file types.
Hmmmm.... I now tried right clicking some .mod file types and the menu items  "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" DO show for .mods. I have .mp3 and .mid file types associated with XMPlay though as well, but with these files I do not see the "Add to" items.

natschos

« Reply #92 on: 20 Apr '10 - 18:32 »
BUG REPORT XMPLAY:

WAV FILE WRITE A LONG MUSIC (20 MINUTES) IT GOES VERY slow after 3 minutes(?) WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS FOR MANY MORE MINUTES! BUT IT'S IN THE TRACK OF COURSE! WHAT I MEAN IS IT SHOULD NOT SLOW DOWN TO MOLASSES!

Dotpitch

« Reply #93 on: 20 Apr '10 - 21:10 »
WAV file write a long music (20 minutes) it goes very slow after 3 minutes(?) when the music stops for many more minutes! But it's in the track of course! What I mean is it should not slow down to molasses!
I don't even understand what you're trying to say here, please try to describe it with some more details. Are you writing a wav file, or using an encoder? What resolution/bit-depth settings are you using? How many channels does the file have?
« Last Edit: 20 Apr '10 - 21:20 by Dotpitch »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: 22 Apr '10 - 14:04 »
Hmmmm.... I now tried right clicking some .mod file types and the menu items  "Add to XMPlay-list" and "Add to XMPlay-library" DO show for .mods. I have .mp3 and .mid file types associated with XMPlay though as well, but with these files I do not see the "Add to" items.

Does the Integration options page show all 3 file types to be associated with XMPlay? If so, to get some further info on the problem, please run REGEDIT and export the following branches...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mid
   HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mod
   HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mid
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mod
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mp3

And then ZIP and upload the REG files here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Zarggg

« Reply #95 on: 22 Apr '10 - 17:31 »
@natschos:
Please disable capslock. :(

winner

« Reply #96 on: 23 Apr '10 - 00:30 »

Does the Integration options page show all 3 file types to be associated with XMPlay? If so, to get some further info on the problem, please run REGEDIT and export the following branches...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mid
   HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mod
   HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mid
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mod
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.mp3

And then ZIP and upload the REG files here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/
Ian, yes, all three file types show to be associated, and others too. I've uploaded the zipped file for you. Thanks!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: 23 Apr '10 - 16:58 »
I can't see anything too wrong with the registry entries (eg. they confirm that those file types are associated with XMPlay), so I'm not sure what's going wrong. You could try removing the "ShellEx" branch and see if that makes any difference...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3\ShellEx

You can put the branch back afterwards by applying the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT-mp3.reg file that you previously exported.

Btw, do you at least see the "Open with XMPlay" entry in the right-click menu, and does that or double-clicking result in a file being opened by XMPlay?

winner

« Reply #98 on: 23 Apr '10 - 23:22 »
I can't see anything too wrong with the registry entries (eg. they confirm that those file types are associated with XMPlay), so I'm not sure what's going wrong. You could try removing the "ShellEx" branch and see if that makes any difference...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3\ShellEx

You can put the branch back afterwards by applying the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT-mp3.reg file that you previously exported.

Btw, do you at least see the "Open with XMPlay" entry in the right-click menu, and does that or double-clicking result in a file being opened by XMPlay?
I tried removing the ShellEx branch and that did not solve the problem. And no, I do not have an "Open with XMPlay" on the first level of right click context, but I do have "Open with >" on the first level and "XMPlay" among several selections at the second level.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr '10 - 16:07 by winner »

Dotpitch

« Reply #99 on: 24 Apr '10 - 09:21 »
And no, I don not have an "Open with XMPlay" on the first level of right click context, but I do have "Open with >" on the first level and "XMPlay" among several selections at the second level.
That 'Open with ...' menu is from Windows itself. It's strange that the registry shows this filetype as associated with XMPlay, while Explorer clearly does not agree. What program launches if you double-click an mp3-file? Windows Media Player?

[edit]If it's WMP, remove the association within WMP and try again with XMPlay.[/edit]
« Last Edit: 24 Apr '10 - 10:18 by Dotpitch »