Author Topic: "XMplay-able"...  (Read 1371 times)

brycco

"XMplay-able"...
« on: 22 Jul '10 - 15:48 »
I love XMPlay a lot - I think it's probably the best audio player available, and definitely the best chiptune player, with a crapload of input plugins. Though the file association feature is a little rusty, with one big problem being how everything is classified XMplay-able and not sorted separately by file-format. Windows 7 doesn't have any raw file extension property so file association is sadly the only way of doing this. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to give each extension it's own file association, eg "IT - XMPlay-able", even if using the same icon, it'd be nice to sort them separately.

Dotpitch

Re: "XMplay-able"...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul '10 - 23:10 »
It shouldn't be too much of a problem to give each extension it's own file association, eg "IT - XMPlay-able" ...
It shouldn't be too much of a problem to search the forum before you create a new thread. Believe me, you are not the first to have this problem (and create a new thread for it).
Please, how do I stop this 'XMPlay-able File' thing from happening.
XMPlay only uses one filetype. You could make the file associations yourself, or use Tsorovan's icon set.

Windows 7 doesn't have any raw file extension property so file association is sadly the only way of doing this.
ExtMan will bring back the XP-style file association dialog in Windows 7.