Author Topic: 8GMGSMT.SF2 SoundFont?  (Read 4950 times)

Rich Nagel

8GMGSMT.SF2 SoundFont?
« on: 26 Oct '10 - 14:04 »
Among my expansive library of soundfonts for my SBLive I have several that includes patch mapping for the MT-32:

"2MB E-mu Systems GM GS MT Revision N" and "2MB E-mu Systems GM GS MT Revision N++" : 2GMGSMT.sf2

as well as "4MB E-mu Systems GM GS MT Revision N" : 4GMGSMT.sf2

I found several things on the Internet of folks talking about an 8MB version of this soundfont, "8GMGSMT.SF2"... but only a few obscure messages.

Was there ever such an animal?
« Last Edit: 27 Oct '10 - 09:56 by Rich Nagel »

Zarggg

Re: 8GMGSMT.SF2 SoundFont?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct '10 - 15:13 »
I used to have the Creative 8MB soundfont, but I think I lost it in my reformat. I'll see if I can get it again and upload it somewhere, but otherwise you should still be able to get it from Creative's SB site.

Edit: Actually, never mind. I just remembered I still have a copy in my XMPlay directory. I'll upload it when I get home tonight if no one beats me to it.

Rich Nagel

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct '10 - 16:02 »
Many thanks, Zarggg :)

Just to clarify though (been a common mistake all over the Internet), I'm looking for the "8GMGSMT.sf2" (it there is in actuality such an animal), *not* the "8MBGM.sf2" one (I pre-ordered that one on CD before it hit the store shelves way back when <grin>).

Thanks again :)

Rich Nagel

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct '10 - 19:46 »
Zarggg,

I'm assuming that the soundfont that you had wasn't the one I was thinking of?

Zarggg

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov '10 - 20:16 »
Correct.

Rich Nagel

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov '10 - 20:35 »
Correct.

A-OK, thanks for checking :)

I'm thinking that the (very few) references that I've seen on the Internet about a so-called "8GMGSMT.SF2", they were mistakenly thinking of the common "8MBGM.sf2" one.