Author Topic: "An incorrect version of BASSASIO was loaded!"  (Read 1833 times)

RobJellinghaus

I am trying to upgrade my app to BASSASIO 1.1.  However, I have BASS.NET 2.4.7.4, which predates BASSASIO 1.1 by a few months.  When I try to run my app with Bass.Net.dll 2.4.7.4 and bassasio.dll 1.1, I get this error dialog:

Code: [Select]
An incorrect version of BASSASIO was loaded!

Version loaded: 1.1
Version expected: 1.0

File: <path to bassasio.dll>
FileVersion: 1.1
Description: BASSASIO
Company: Un4seen Developments Copyright (c) 2005-2011
Language: Language Neutral

What is causing this?  Is BASSASIO 1.1 supported with Bass.Net yet?  I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't imagine what.  Does anyone else have this working?

I searched for this error message without any great luck.

Thanks for all clues!

Bert B.

Re: "An incorrect version of BASSASIO was loaded!"
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug '11 - 08:39 »
Hello,

I think that the message is pretty clear:

Version loaded: 1.1
Version expected: 1.0

You have to wait for official support for the new version of bassasio.

Please read the description of BASS_ASIO_GetVersion in the documentation of bassasio.

There is no guarantee that a previous or future version of BASSASIO supports all the BASSASIO functions that you are using, so you should always use this function to make sure the correct version is loaded. It is safe to assume that future revisions (indicated in the LOWORD) will be fully compatible.
The BASSASIO API includes a BASSASIOVERSION constant, which can be used to check that the loaded BASSASIO.DLL matches the API version used, ignoring revisions.

Bert

RobJellinghaus

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug '11 - 08:53 »
Fair enough.  I will stick with BASSASIO 1.0 for my Bass.Net-based project.  Just making a sanity check, and it would appear I'm not insane :-)

I am sure Bernd will get around to updating Bass.Net for BASSASIO 1.1 at some point.  Fortunately the new 1.1 features seem to be nice but not mandatory; I don't actually have any app problems that I can trace to using 1.0 rather than 1.1.

radio42

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep '11 - 13:44 »
Hope to release the new Bass.Net verison today or tomorrow at latest.

RobJellinghaus

« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep '11 - 19:18 »
Great! 

I may have spoken too soon about not having any BASSASIO 1.0-related problems; last night I found that (even with the new bassmix 2.4.5.4) I was sometimes getting bad stuttering/buzzing from the ASIO input channel.  It's as though the ASIO input channel sometimes got into a state where it was partially recycling a stale buffer, or something. 

It was definitely coming out of the input channel itself, rather than generated in the mixer alone; I was able to record directly from the ASIO input channel (using my "copy to memory buffer" DSP function directly on the input channel), and the recorded sound captured the weird noise.

The worst part was that it was not easily repeatable, but still happened fairly frequently :-(  Will definitely look forward to trying with BASSASIO 1.1 once the new Bass.Net.dll is released.  #1 beta tester, right here  ;)

radio42

« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep '11 - 19:41 »
The new Bass.Net v2.4.8.0 is already out now - incl. BASSASIO 1.1 support ;-)