Author Topic: Hey guys, could really use some help  (Read 3251 times)

musicdude101

Hey guys, could really use some help
« on: 27 Dec '11 - 03:53 »
Hi guys, i got a new midi keyboard and i dont really know how to operate all this mdi stuff could somebody help me with a couple of things?

musicdude101

Re: Hey guys, could really use some help
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec '11 - 04:11 »
so first off, i wana get a midi program that emulatesa sound module on a prfessional keyboard, ( with synth souds, trumpets, anything in techno basically) but i dnt know what programs to get and how to install sound files or where to find a large amount of sounds or any of that so if anybody could help me get this thing going thatd b awesome!:)

gnag

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan '12 - 16:22 »
Do you have any basic c# coding skills?

If yes, than using http://code.google.com/p/midi-dot-net/ you can write a small midi synthesizer, for example something like a virtual instrument, this library is able to play the sounds of the windows midi set, for example you could make like 20 buttons to make a small piano.

As far as I know, the Bass Library can only play midi files, not create or modify.

I think there is software too to record what your midi keyboard outputs in midi format on the pc, but this Forum is the Forum of the Bass Library so its not related much to what you want.

Pike84

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan '12 - 22:05 »
Actually, this is the General section of Un4seen Developments forum, so you're free to discuss pretty much anything you like, as long as it's not spam/advertising or otherwise rude :).

thisischris_ii

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb '12 - 17:38 »
Uhm you basically should look into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) or a standalone VST of some sort.

I'd recommend FL Studio. Open source alternatives include: Ardour and LMMS along with others.