Author Topic: BASS for Windows Store/Phone  (Read 47700 times)

Ehsan

Re: BASS for Windows Store/Phone
« Reply #200 on: 21 Jun '18 - 00:01 »
I just used BASS_StreamCreateFile with BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE | BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_8BITS and then BASS_ChannelGetData to get a dump of the mp3 file with problematic playback.
You can get the dump file from https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiqmLTS7IYp8i-UHVMv4bj3iA83JUg on my OneDrive.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: 21 Jun '18 - 15:28 »
I was able to reproduce the MP3 decoding problem with the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 builds. I will look for a solution and then hopefully come back with an update for you to try.

Ehsan

« Reply #202 on: 21 Jun '18 - 17:52 »
Thanks. I'll be waiting.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: 25 Jun '18 - 13:37 »
I think I've found the piece of code that the Windows 8 compiler (VS2013) was having trouble with, so here's an update with a little modification for you to try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass-winstore-test.zip

Ehsan

« Reply #204 on: 25 Jun '18 - 20:07 »
Issue resolved. Perfect.
Many thanks.

Ehsan

« Reply #205 on: 26 Jun '18 - 09:04 »
Also, could you point me in the right direction if I want to create visualizations in a Windows Phone app?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: 26 Jun '18 - 13:52 »
Issue resolved. Perfect.

Great! The updated Windows 8 BASS.DLLs are now up in the package in the 1st post.

Also, could you point me in the right direction if I want to create visualizations in a Windows Phone app?

You would use the BASS_ChannelGetData and/or BASS_ChannelGetLevel/Ex functions for that. Please see the documentation for details on those functions. I'm not familiar with the Windows Store APIs, so I'm afraid I can't really advise on the specifics of that, but you could have a look at the SPECTRUM example that comes in the Win32 BASS package for some ideas.

Ehsan

« Reply #207 on: 27 Jun '18 - 21:45 »
Thanks Ian.

Ehsan

« Reply #208 on: 29 Jun '18 - 02:32 »
Hey Ian

So the last issue involves deploying my app to Windows Phone store with the BASS library.
It looks like Bass.Net.WinStore.dll references a bunch of different dlls, like bassmidi.dll, bassmix.dll, etc. so these files need to be included in the app package so that the Store deployment test doesn't fail.

I included these files, but the Store test tells me there is one file missing and won't allow me to upload my app. It's bass_fx.dll. I couldn't find this file in the library. I hope it is compiled for Windows Phone and exists, but just wasn't included in the zip file.

I must add that I am only using the functions in bass.dll and not any other dlls, so a .NET wrapper for bass.dll, a compact version if you will, would be more suitable as it won't force me to include unnecessary dlls with my app package.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: 29 Jun '18 - 17:38 »
Yeah, unfortunately, Microsoft's app verification process currently doesn't seem to accept that some DLLs referenced by BASS.Net might not be needed/used by the app, so you have to include the BASSMIDI/BASSmix/BASS_FX DLLs with your .Net app. The other supported add-ons aren't referenced by BASS.Net (they can be used via BASS_PluginLoad instead), so don't need to be included. The BASS_FX files can be found in the first post of this thread.

Ehsan

« Reply #210 on: 6 Jul '18 - 23:24 »
Hey Ian.

Thanks to your efforts in resolving the library's issues for Windows Phone I was able to add a 7 band audio equalizer to my free app, RHYTHM, accessible from rhythmapp.audio.

I thought you might want to add it to BASS showcase.
Thanks again.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: 9 Jul '18 - 17:49 »
Great to hear that you got things working well with your app. To add it to the "BASS showcase" list, please use the form at the bottom of that page.