Author Topic: BASS for ARM Linux  (Read 143030 times)

dlabella

Re: BASS for ARM Linux
« Reply #125 on: 25 Jun '13 - 08:47 »
Hello,

Finally I found the problem...

The problem was int the cheaper usb sound card.  :o

Now Bass.Net is working on debian weezy hard float.. Actually still having noise problems but I think all is due to sound card.

Thanks for the support!

serkanp

« Reply #126 on: 8 Jul '13 - 07:44 »
is it possible to play shoutcast streams in arm processor? will you compile thre streaming plugins for arm?
also i tried to play wma files in raspberry pi, archlinux hard fp but could not get any progress..

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: 8 Jul '13 - 16:31 »
Shoutcast streams are supported on ARM Linux, but I'm afraid WMA isn't.

djchristos

« Reply #128 on: 9 Jul '13 - 13:35 »
Is there any plans for an ARM5 compatible version of Bass?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: 9 Jul '13 - 17:45 »
There aren't any definite plans for ARMv5 support currently, but here is an experimental build that you can try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass24-linux-armv5.zip

djchristos

« Reply #130 on: 14 Jul '13 - 08:11 »
Thanks Ian,

I gave it a shot and had not success. I'm running an OLinuxino on AcrchLinix ARM5 and it crashed out with Illegal instruction (core dumped) on program startup before any code runs.

Cheers,
Chris

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: 15 Jul '13 - 17:26 »
That's strange. To find out what the illegal instruction is, please try running your test executable under "gdb" and type "x/i $pc" when it crashes. Also post the call stack ("bt") and loaded libraries ("info share").

serkanp

« Reply #132 on: 16 Jul '13 - 16:07 »
i tried it many times :) i gave up..
for the armv5 users, dont try to play audio in armv5 devices.. olinuxo or ariaG25 etc.. while mp3 plays, if you use any thread that makes any tcp or filesystem connection, the sound freezes..
and normal playback of any kind of mp3 takes %75-85 cpu..

i am totally moved to raspberry pi..

djchristos

« Reply #133 on: 20 Jul '13 - 03:30 »
Hi Ian,

I've put the requested information in the attached rar file as dgbOutput.txt. Thanks for looking in to this :)

Chris.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: 22 Jul '13 - 15:38 »
Ah yes, I think I see the problem. Here's a new ARMv5 build for you to try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass24-linux-armv5.zip

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: 2 Aug '13 - 17:36 »
The latest version (2.4.1.1) of the BASSOPUS add-on is now up in the first post.

piuser

Does ARM Linux support WMA (asx) streams?
« Reply #136 on: 5 Aug '13 - 10:50 »
I am using BASS in an MP3 jukebox system made from my Raspberry Pi.
I'd like to add Internet radio support, particularly for the BBC streams, which all appear to be ASX.

Is there a way to support these on a Linux ARM platform like the Pi? I don't see a BASSWMA anywhere, but since the x86 version requires wmfdist or Windows Media Player, I'm guessing not.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: 5 Aug '13 - 14:06 »
BASS doesn't currently have WMA support on ARM Linux (ie. BASSWMA is unavailable), but the FFmpeg project includes a WMA decoder that you may be able to use with BASS, eg. feed the decoded sample data into a STREAMPROC function.

SteveS

AAC+ MetaData
« Reply #138 on: 15 Aug '13 - 16:46 »
Hi

Inspired by the posting about WMA, I looked into extending my MP3 playing Pi software so that it can play network radio streams. This was relatively straightforward, as I found AAC+ and MP3 streams for the stations I listen to.
Mostly they use PLS files, so it was a matter of loading the AAC+ plugin, and opening the URL.

Looking at the netradio code, I can add sync handlers for BASS_SYNC_META and also BASS_SYNC_OGG_CHANGE.

One of the stations does seem to send Shoutcast metadata, and I can read it (and hence display it).
However, many of the other stations don't seem to embed metadata. Is this the case, or do I need to do something else?
Incidentally, if the playlist consists of multiple items, what SYNCable events could I expect to see as it is played?
The BBC stations, for example, usually consist of 2 items. Whether or not I ever get to the end of the first one, I'm not sure, as I'm not doing much processing, so I'm not providing a download proc.

Steve

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: 15 Aug '13 - 17:43 »
One of the stations does seem to send Shoutcast metadata, and I can read it (and hence display it).
However, many of the other stations don't seem to embed metadata. Is this the case, or do I need to do something else?

Most Shoutcast streams will include metadata, but it is possible for a stream not to include any. Just to be sure that the missing metadata isn't a BASS issue, you could try playing the stream in another Shoutcast-compatible player.

Incidentally, if the playlist consists of multiple items, what SYNCable events could I expect to see as it is played?
The BBC stations, for example, usually consist of 2 items. Whether or not I ever get to the end of the first one, I'm not sure, as I'm not doing much processing, so I'm not providing a download proc.

BASS's playlist processing (enabled via BASS_CONFIG_NET_PLAYLIST) will only play the first playable entry that it finds in the playlist. Additional playlist entries tend to be backup servers of the same stream, so that isn't usually a problem. If you would like to support multiple entries with differing content, then you would need to download and process the playlist yourself, ie. extract the URLs and pass them to BASS_StreamCreateURL one after another. You can use BASS_SYNC_END syncs to be informed of when each entry finishes playing.

SteveS

« Reply #140 on: 21 Aug '13 - 16:16 »
Following your advice, I tried with a couple of different players, including WinAmp, and the missing metadata is still missing - I don't know whether to be happy about that or not! It does mean that it isn't a BASS issue (which is good news), but also means I can't display what's being played (which is bad).

There's a lot of inconsistency between different streams, of course. I found the BBC streams don't appear to provide any metadata, and others do, but it's usually out of step with what is actually being output through the stream.

An alternative is that many of them provide a "What's on now" page which I can download and parse on a timed thread, so that will have to do, although it means that I have to keep more information about each stream, and a variant on the parsing, for each station. Sigh.

On the plus side, I do now have a small grey plastic box which is the only thing connected to speakers now, instead of shelves full of CDs and a stack of component boxes such a tuner, CD player, etc :)

And all controllable from anywhere in (or indeed out of) the house.

« Reply #141 on: 10 Oct '13 - 13:04 »
HI Ian,

can you compile bass tag for linux/arm?

thank you :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: 10 Oct '13 - 16:31 »
Sure, an ARM Linux version of the Tags add-on is now up in the 1st post. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Lorni

« Reply #143 on: 10 Oct '13 - 18:58 »
Sure, an ARM Linux version of the Tags add-on is now up in the 1st post. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.
Hi, Ian. Can you make one for linux (x86/64)? please.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: 11 Oct '13 - 15:22 »
Yep, a standard Linux version of the Tags add-on is now up on the BASS page.

dlbogdan

« Reply #145 on: 25 Oct '13 - 05:43 »
Hello all! I've just found out about BASS and I'm not disappointed.
Let me start by just saying this:
Ian,
I've never seen such a dedicated guy. Your immediate presence on this forum is something for you to be proud about and something for everybody else to talk about. Bravo!

Now,
I'm aiming to do a little project about simulating the sound of a car engine within a car with Raspberry PI and this API. I'll have two analogical inputs on my hardware: the RPM and turbo pressure and those should configure how the different loop files should be mixed together to sport a totally new sound (a V8 for example).
I've started out with FMOD Ex but as the libs are not ready for linux arm (nor anybody answers on their forum) I've found this project to shift to.
I only have a very limited amount of time I can spend on this project daily though, and I still have to learn basics about BASS first, but at least it should be straight forward.

Devs,
Thank you all for making BASS.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: 25 Oct '13 - 17:08 »
Yep, that sounds like it should be fairly straightforward :)

Playing a file in a loop can be done like this...

Code: [Select]
stream=BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE, filename, 0, 0, BASS_SAMPLE_LOOP); // create a stream for an audio file and enable looping
BASS_ChannelPlay(stream, 0); // start it

Then I guess you would want to map your input levels to the volume and/or sample rate of the files, which you can do via BASS_ChannelSetAttribute (with attrib=BASS_ATTRIB_VOL/FREQ). Please see the documentation for details on that and the other functions.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: 1 Nov '13 - 17:03 »
The latest BASSenc add-on version (2.4.11) is now up in the first post.

Jocelynk

« Reply #148 on: 14 Dec '13 - 21:03 »
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Bass on my Beaglebone (ARM) to compute a simple fft, but this is not working like expected. I have no output on my board so I init Bass with
BASS_Init(0,0,0,NULL,NULL)
Then when I try to open the music file :
BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE,"music.mp3",0,0,BASS_SAMPLE_LOOP|BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT|BASS_STREAM_DECODE)
I obtain a BASS_ERROR_FORMAT, I've installed the libass.so and bass.h, maybe I'm missing a codec or something. The operation I try to make after is
BASS_ChannelGetData(chan,fft,32);
If someone could point me a solution please...

Chris

« Reply #149 on: 14 Dec '13 - 21:59 »
BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE,"music.mp3",0,0,BASS_SAMPLE_LOOP|BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT|BASS_STREAM_DECODE)should be
Chan = BASS_StreamCreateFile(FALSE,"music.mp3",0,0,BASS_SAMPLE_LOOP|BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT|BASS_STREAM_DECODE)
by the way is the
BASS_ChannelGetData Call inside a loop ?