Author Topic: XMP Freezage  (Read 2821 times)

Jace

XMP Freezage
« on: 16 Jun '03 - 02:06 »
XMPlay tends to make loud crackling noises while playing any file (tried ogg, mp3, xm and mo3), it usually makes one loud crackling noise and continues playing, and it freezes on the second loud crackle. Sometimes though it freezes on the first crackle, and when I close it, it makes a lil' 'pop' sound..  :-/

Also, it seemed to play longer time with modules than with stream files (in case that is relevant)
After reopening XMP, it plays again, but also freezes again (usually on first song, sometimes on second)

It hasn't done it before, but on one day it started doing that.. O_o
No clue why.. I hadn't made any radical or non-radical changes anyway..

And some HW/SW info:
Win XP (Home edition, SP1)
SoundBlaster Audigy

Whatever else you need, just ask me and I'll answer asap..

Edit: Oh yeah, it only freezes the sound output, everything else on xmp still works after the freezup
« Last Edit: 16 Jun '03 - 02:09 by Jacer »

Ralesk

Re: XMP Freezage
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun '03 - 03:04 »
happened to me in 2k too.. but then, all sound output was frozen.  mpt could utter one bufferlength worth of something and that was it :P

reboot cured things.

XP HOme?!!!? OMG! *saves you*

Jace

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun '03 - 03:50 »
My problem was that it happened after several reboots too.
But apparently it was an issue of jumbled up soundcard drivers. I just spent an hour or so downloading new ones, and it has been all nice this far after it. ;)

And Ralesk: seriously, if it was my own computer, it would have a decent OS ;D
But the issue is that it's my girl's family's computer, and I'm trying to train them to use XMPlay :D

Ralesk

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun '03 - 05:24 »
ehehehe ;D  good luck then! ::)