Author Topic: 3.7 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 72134 times)

Dotpitch

Re: 3.7 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #225 on: 11 Dec '13 - 06:46 »
Thanks for highlighting a problem.

It's about Portamento and pitch slide:
Quote from: Schismtracker wiki
Test file
The first two segments of this test should both play identically, with a slight downward slide followed by a faster slide back up, and then remain at the starting pitch. The third and fourth are provided primarily for reference for possible misimplementations. (The third slides down and then continually rises; the fourth slides down slightly and then plays a constant pitch.)

If the first and third segment are identical, then either Fx and Gxx aren't sharing their values, or the Fx values aren't being multiplied (volume column F1 should be equivalent to a "normal" F04).
If the first and fourth are identical, then the volume column is most likely being processed prior to the effect column. Apparently, Impulse Tracker handles the volume column effects last; note how the G04 needs to be placed on the next row after the F1 in the second segment in order to mirror the behavior of the first.
I just checked, segment 1 and 2 do not sound the same, but 1 and 4 do.

bauxite69

« Reply #226 on: 16 Dec '13 - 00:02 »
Hi,

This evening i was trying to play some GYM and CYM files with XMPlay 3.7(in_ym.dll v2.5) and i had this message :

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

This is a clean install, only in_ym.dll plugin.

It works great with XMPlay 3.6, i can play GYM and CYM.

I attached the plugin for testing.

Thank you.

Dotpitch

« Reply #227 on: 16 Dec '13 - 06:39 »
"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
Does this always happen? I mean, even when you load the files, restart XMPlay, wait 10 seconds and then play one of them?

bauxite69

« Reply #228 on: 16 Dec '13 - 10:28 »
I can add CYM or GYM title in the playlist.
This happen everytime i try to play the songs.

If i restart XMPlay and play the songs in playlist, i have the same error message.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: 16 Dec '13 - 15:32 »
Please also provide (or link to) some GYM and CYM files to reproduce the problem with.

I'm not sure if it supports GYM/CYM files, but it could be worth giving this native YM plugin a try too...

http://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=620

bauxite69

« Reply #230 on: 16 Dec '13 - 16:15 »
Thank you for taking some time to check my problem !

The native "xmp_ym.dll" can't play CYM and GYM files.

I attached some files for testing.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: 16 Dec '13 - 17:39 »
It looks to be that the plugin doesn't like the fact that XMPlay has the file open; I guess the plugin is trying to open the file in non-shared mode. XMPlay currently closes the file only after all plugins have had a look at it, but it could just as well be closed before the Winamp plugins are tried (since they don't use XMPlay's file routines). I'll have it do that in the next release.

bauxite69

« Reply #232 on: 16 Dec '13 - 19:25 »
Great !

All we have to do is wait for the next release...

Cosworth

« Reply #233 on: 18 Dec '13 - 12:39 »
In the latest xmp some trouble with ape format, while playing there are little jumps. Tried on 3.7.0 and it's fine.
I'm sending to ftp BB CUE.rar to test it :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: 18 Dec '13 - 17:57 »
I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but last I checked, there is still an inaccuracy in XMPlay regarding Impulse Tracker modules. According to this page XMPlay is the most accurate player in terms of the items tested there, but there is still one thing that it doesn't do correctly.

Here's an update that seems to get that troublesome test file working properly...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Let me know if you still hear any problem with the file (or new problems with others :)).

In the latest xmp some trouble with ape format, while playing there are little jumps. Tried on 3.7.0 and it's fine.

I can't hear anything obviously wrong here. Do you hear the jumps at particular positions? If it's when advancing to the next separated subsong, then please try the latest build (above), in which that has been improved.

Cosworth

« Reply #235 on: 19 Dec '13 - 09:22 »

I can't hear anything obviously wrong here. Do you hear the jumps at particular positions? If it's when advancing to the next separated subsong, then please try the latest build (above), in which that has been improved.

Same result, but I found why it's happening, it's cause some plugin, not xmp-ape.dll, something else....

Edit: It was xmp-ffmpeg.dll
« Last Edit: 19 Dec '13 - 09:27 by Cosworth »

Wes

« Reply #236 on: 21 Dec '13 - 06:38 »
Sounds like the problem with the IT files is fixed to me (though I"m no expert). I just ran through the entire set of "player abuse tests" and found them all to be working correctly. I don't know who to contact to get the wiki updated though (unfortunately), but if they ever try updating it they can say that XMPlay supports everything.

saga

« Reply #237 on: 21 Dec '13 - 12:50 »
Sounds like the problem with the IT files is fixed to me (though I"m no expert). I just ran through the entire set of "player abuse tests" and found them all to be working correctly. I don't know who to contact to get the wiki updated though (unfortunately), but if they ever try updating it they can say that XMPlay supports everything.
That would be Storlek, but as you can see the page hasn't been updated in a long time. But it's not like the page is wrong now, it clearly states that
XMPlay 3.5 was tested, not XMPlay 3.7. I can still poke him and ask to update the page, but I guess that's not very likely to happen.