Author Topic: 3.7 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 72114 times)

saga

Re: 3.7 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #25 on: 17 Jan '13 - 17:43 »
From what I can tell, this is the case. I know that it doesn't / didn't always work, though, maybe it depends on if the tags are padded? For example, if I try to write tags into an OGG file that previously didn't have any tags, MP3Tag fails to write the tags as well, but when I'm just changing e.g. the Genre of an existing OGG file, MP3Tag succeeds to write that change. I'd guess that applying larger changes (like embedding a picture) would also fail, unless there is enough padding.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan '13 - 17:46 by saga »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan '13 - 17:56 »
Ah yes, perhaps that's it.

Regarding the problem of being unable to refresh the OGG tags during playback, the reason for that is that the OGG parser only reads the tags when opening the file. The only tags that will be refreshed from a file while it's played are ID3v1/2 and APE. So perhaps you were dealing with those tag types before when you were able to refresh the tags?

saga

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jan '13 - 17:59 »
That's quite possible. I was assuming that the behaviour would be indentical across formats.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 18 Jan '13 - 16:30 »
In the next update, I'll make it refresh the track's tags again after the track is closed if it was refreshed* during playback, so that any non-ID3/APE tag changes at least don't get missed (even if they are delayed).

* by either the library folder monitoring or the "Refresh info from file" option.

saga

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jan '13 - 23:31 »
The 3.7.0.8 update seems to have problems with OGG files; I cannot seem to play them without stuttering anymore. The problem doesn't occour with the official release and 3.7.0.7. Other file types do not seem to be affected.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan '13 - 23:47 by saga »

Dotpitch

« Reply #30 on: 27 Jan '13 - 09:22 »
Yep, I'm having problems with Ogg Vorbis files on 3.7.0.8 as well. The silence is visible in Spectrum 3D as well, suggesting it's not the output device. If I switch on the equalizer or reverb, the sound can even disappear completely.

Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #31 on: 27 Jan '13 - 11:25 »
If I switch on the equalizer or reverb, the sound can even disappear completely.

Must be that new transparent setting!

saga

« Reply #32 on: 27 Jan '13 - 13:20 »
You made my day! :) Very transparent sound in this release indeed.

Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #33 on: 27 Jan '13 - 14:25 »
Hope I didn't make you spray coffee on your keyboard!

Dotpitch

« Reply #34 on: 28 Jan '13 - 06:34 »
Must be that new transparent setting!
;D

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 28 Jan '13 - 13:21 »
The 3.7.0.8 update seems to have problems with OGG files

Oops! The initialization of a vis-related lookup table was updated in preparation for info window alpha channel support, but it's going too far and into an OGG lookup table. Here's an update to fix that...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

garson

« Reply #36 on: 29 Jan '13 - 23:43 »
I've just found a bug in latest stuff, 3.7.0.10. When scrolling up/down over tray icon, volume changes but tray title bubble Volume info changes just on first scroll.

garson

« Reply #37 on: 30 Jan '13 - 10:25 »
I've just found a bug in latest stuff, 3.7.0.10. When scrolling up/down over tray icon, volume changes but tray title bubble Volume info changes just on first scroll.
Works normanlly on my business desktop PC, so obviously latest stuff is ok.  ???

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 30 Jan '13 - 15:29 »
A line was removed in the last update, which seemed to be doing nothing, but it is apparently required to refresh the info bubbles on some systems. So here's another update with that line reinstated...

garson

« Reply #39 on: 30 Jan '13 - 21:14 »
Thanks Ian, working great now.  8)

White-Tiger

« Reply #40 on: 31 Jan '13 - 20:55 »
Crash on any of these URLs (stable as stuff)
http://stream.fragradio.co.uk:8000
http://stream.fragradio.co.uk

while http://google.com doesn't crash. (I know the aboves ain't valid media urls, but XMPlay shouldn't crash which implies vulnerability)

P.S. my system has IPv4 as well as IPv6... dunno if that is important in this case as these URLs should be IPv4

garson

« Reply #41 on: 31 Jan '13 - 21:57 »
For me crashed just for http://stream.fragradio.co.uk .

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 1 Feb '13 - 14:09 »
Oops! It would crash if a "<head>" element wasn't present in a scanned webpage. Here's an update to fix that...

White-Tiger

« Reply #43 on: 1 Feb '13 - 21:18 »
well... the 2nd crash doesn't happen anymore.. about the first one... it still exists and I've figured it out ;)
Open: http://stream.fragradio.co.uk:8000/ it starts playin' one of those 2 streams (the first one, auto-dj actually)
Open: http://stream.fragradio.co.uk:8000 (note the missing slash) crashes ;)

http://stream.fragradio.co.uk (without slash) doesn't crash btw... so it has to be a problem with custom ports or something...
http://google.com:8000 doesn't crash but XMPlay hangs for > a minute or something... (timeout should be 4 seconds as it is my internet streaming timeout)
« Last Edit: 1 Feb '13 - 21:25 by White-Tiger »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 4 Feb '13 - 12:43 »
The internet streaming timeout setting doesn't currently apply to webpage scanning, so it will be the system's default timeout that applies in that "google.com:8000" case. But here's an update in which the internet streaming timeout does apply to webpage scanning...

Regarding the crash, I'm unable to reproduce that; it's fine with or without the trailing slash. If you still get that with the update, please try renaming your XMPLAY.INI file (for a fresh config) and see if it still happens then, and if that does stop the crashing, upload your XMPLAY.INI file to reproduce the problem with here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

White-Tiger

« Reply #45 on: 4 Feb '13 - 14:54 »
uploaded ;) It does indeed only crash with my ini... default seems to be fine...
I've uploaded an archive with xmplay.exe + ini and it seems to be enough to cause the crash (so my skins, plug-ins etc. ain't necessary)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: 4 Feb '13 - 15:30 »
Ah! I see why I wasn't able to reproduce the problem now. The browser was automatically adding a trailing slash when drag'n'dropping the link into XMPlay :) ... I'll sort it for the next update.
« Last Edit: 4 Feb '13 - 15:53 by Ian @ un4seen »

quanta

« Reply #47 on: 22 Feb '13 - 01:32 »
Tested system
=============
Memory: 384MB
CPU: Intel Pentium II 400
Sound: ESS Solo-1
Video: Neomagic MagicMedia 256AV

Incorrect text with Windows Classic 2.1 skin

When using XMPlay 3.7.0.18 with Windows Classic 2.1 skin, the 'd' at the Auto Load check box has 2 vertical strokes. The bug does not occur with XMPlay 3.7 and earlier.

Default skin settings forgotten after switching skin

After opening the playlist pane in default skin, switch to Windows Classic 2.1 skin, then back to default skin shows the playlist pane is closed instead of open.

wrkq

« Reply #48 on: 22 Feb '13 - 01:55 »
09_crash_in_3.7.0.23.mp3 dropped in ftp/incoming.

This MP3 crashes today's stuff version (.23), but works in 3.7.0.
If file is being added to playlist, the crash happens when XMPlay loads it to read length.
If file was already in playlist with cached length (eg. added in 3.7.0), crashes on play attempt.

Verified in a clean folder with zero plugins/skins.
EDIT: Also, stripping the id3 tags does NOT prevent crash - just tried that.

Regards,
-- w.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb '13 - 01:58 by wrkq »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 22 Feb '13 - 16:36 »
Incorrect text with Windows Classic 2.1 skin

When using XMPlay 3.7.0.18 with Windows Classic 2.1 skin, the 'd' at the Auto Load check box has 2 vertical strokes. The bug does not occur with XMPlay 3.7 and earlier.

That is due to the skin's "Auto Load" bitmap not matching the button dimensions defined in the mask. A fixed version of the skin is now up on the XMPlay page and Support Site.

Default skin settings forgotten after switching skin

After opening the playlist pane in default skin, switch to Windows Classic 2.1 skin, then back to default skin shows the playlist pane is closed instead of open.

Skins that have a fixed panel position don't have an opened/closed state, so when switching to a skin that has moveable panels, they will start in the closed position unless the "Open panels" option is enabled.

09_crash_in_3.7.0.23.mp3 dropped in ftp/incoming.

This MP3 crashes today's stuff version (.23), but works in 3.7.0.

Yesterday's update did indeed introduce a silly MP3-related bug (in the Xing/LAME header reading). Here's another update to correct that...