Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.8  (Read 76754 times)

piovrauz

Re: Suggestions for 3.8
« Reply #250 on: 23 Dec '13 - 19:55 »
Thanks for 3.8 and have a good XMPlamas you too.
I see the icon is not red and white, but I'll let it slide.... ;)
btw, adding a few more plugin in the XMPlay archive would be a good idea, I +++ it.

Jace

« Reply #251 on: 23 Dec '13 - 22:22 »
The menu bar on left of the page still says 3.7 though. Unless I'm lookin' at a cached copy and I can't figure out how to refresh it. :P

Nevertheless, thanks and enjoyable solstice!

Edit: Seconding Saga's edit. Update checker in Options and stuff says there's a newer one out but no link is to be seen
The expected link works though. Jus' the link's missing.

Edit 2: Downloaded the file linked above, update checker still says there's a newer xmp-zip available.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec '13 - 22:31 by Jace »

Cypress

« Reply #252 on: 24 Dec '13 - 01:47 »
congratulations to the always loyal xmplay users for making this great piece of software better with each new 'stuff' and major version, specially Ian and his master mind behind all of this, now that XMPlay 3.8 is out, it's the perfect music experience gift for all of us that know what it's really quality software

You know there's not a day that i don't feel the xmplay music experience. When i get some free time i'll create more xmplay interfaces :)

happy holidays everyone and .. saludos from the heart of south america :)

David

Firebrand

« Reply #253 on: 24 Dec '13 - 14:52 »
Well, this release is awesome!

I wish everyone a merry christmas, hope that you enjoy it with your loved ones :).

Thanks to all the community for their efforts to make this new version.

r

« Reply #254 on: 24 Dec '13 - 19:35 »
Have a merry XMPlaymas as well, Ian, and everyone else on the un4seen forums!

Shanyy

« Reply #255 on: 25 Dec '13 - 01:52 »
XmPlay 3.8 for Christmas? Couldn't know better present for me! ^_^ Thanks Ian!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: 2 Jan '14 - 16:31 »
to be able to change the replay sample rate of an MP3. This would naturally change the pitch and also tempo.

I'm not sure there will be time to implement that in XMPlay before the 3.8 release, but if not, I think it should at least be possible to add that option in the DirectSound output plugin afterwards. I'll look into it.

Thank you very much!  :)

Here's the DirectSound plugin update, with a speed control that is accessible via the DirectSound options page or a shortcut...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-ds.dll

Cosworth

« Reply #257 on: 2 Jan '14 - 17:45 »
to be able to change the replay sample rate of an MP3. This would naturally change the pitch and also tempo.

I'm not sure there will be time to implement that in XMPlay before the 3.8 release, but if not, I think it should at least be possible to add that option in the DirectSound output plugin afterwards. I'll look into it.

Thank you very much!  :)

Here's the DirectSound plugin update, with a speed control that is accessible via the DirectSound options page or a shortcut...

Awsome Ian!

Lemu

« Reply #258 on: 12 Jan '14 - 16:35 »

Fantastic!   :D  You even implemented the cent scale!  :D Thank you so much!  Now I can finally migrate from Winamp to XMPlay completely.  Super cool!

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't noticed you posted this link until now. I've tested it and everything seems to work perfectly. May I still humbly request two minor enhancements to this great enhancement?

1) Could you please extend the range for slow down to -2400 cents? It can often reveal very interesting and unexpected things in many fast musical master pieces when they are 4x slower or two octaves lower. (Speed up by more than 600 cents is not going to be very useful, so I believe the current upper limit of +600 is adequate).

2) Would it be possible to add some keyboard shortcuts to control this (including one to reset the state)? -OR- If keyboard shortcuts can't be implemented for output plugins, then an option to have the dialog window automatically opened when XMPlay starts at the same screen coordinates and a 'Reset' button (setting the speed to 'normal').

Thanks again and whenever there is a way to donate, I surely will!  :D

« Last Edit: 13 Jan '14 - 11:21 by Lemu »

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #259 on: 12 Jan '14 - 18:48 »
Computer shutdown option when the track, playlist or queue are done playing. :)

Lemu

« Reply #260 on: 25 Jan '14 - 08:27 »
Ian, would it be possible to enhance the "already played" list in a way that a track would be remembered as already-played only if it has been playing for more than 15 seconds?

The reason I ask for this is that I often want to hear the previous song once again and that decision is often prompted by XMPlay auto-advancing to the next track. So I hit the "prev" hotkey and the currently playing track is marked as already-played even though it has been playing only for several seconds.

(Obviously, this treatment would not be applied to tracks shorter than 15 seconds. Also, I guess others might disagree with the value of 15 so it might be user-specified.)
« Last Edit: 25 Jan '14 - 08:30 by Lemu »

Jace

« Reply #261 on: 25 Jan '14 - 11:12 »
Could use the "Count as played after [XX] secs" setting for it from Options and stuff -> Playlist -> Library, if it already doesn't.

dbz

« Reply #262 on: 25 Jan '14 - 13:41 »
I decided to repost this here, since the thread where I did post this ("Suggestions for 3.9") seems to have been dropped in favor of this thread. I just didn't want this suggestion to get lost in the shuffle, since I have so few suggestions to make :P So here it is:

How about including the "Secret Settings" (that can only be edited directly in xmplay.ini) within the "Options and Stuff" dialog window as a separate entry in the left "tree-view" panel. This would expose these settings to those unaware they even exist, plus it would allow you to edit them directly from within xmplay rather than something like notepad. You wouldn't have to list every plugin's settings that get written to the xmplay.ini file, it could just be a way to edit the default Settings (which would include the Secret Settings). It could be setup something like "Windows" registry, with the Parameters in one column and the settings in another. You would select a Parameter, and then are able to edit the data from there.

Lemu

« Reply #263 on: 25 Jan '14 - 16:24 »
Could use the "Count as played after [XX] secs" setting for it from Options and stuff -> Playlist -> Library, if it already doesn't.

Thank you for the info. But does that setting apply to all tracks in the playlist or just to those that are also in the Library? I'd need it to apply to all tracks in the playlist.

piovrauz

« Reply #264 on: 25 Jan '14 - 17:23 »
Would it be possible to "bind" XMPlay to a specific network card?
I noticed that if I activate a second card (with no inet access) while I'm listening to a stream, it continues to play fine, but I can't open a new stream.

Dotpitch

« Reply #265 on: 29 Jan '14 - 20:26 »
Thank you for the info. But does that setting apply to all tracks in the playlist or just to those that are also in the Library? I'd need it to apply to all tracks in the playlist.
If your request (mark as played after x seconds) is implement, it'll need some input field to define the time. Jace mentioned this field from the Library settings, because it serves a similar purpose, so the same number could be used.

Would it be possible to "bind" XMPlay to a specific network card? I noticed that if I activate a second card (with no inet access) while I'm listening to a stream, it continues to play fine, but I can't open a new stream.
I think XMPlay has Windows handle the network stuff. It's odd that you're having problems though, because Windows should try both interfaces. Are other programs (IE, WMP, etc) having problems as well?

piovrauz

« Reply #266 on: 30 Jan '14 - 07:29 »
@dotpitch: "Windows should try both interfaces"... maybe should, but doesn't. other program have issues aswell. filezilla doesn't care, but I use IPs there. maybe a DNS issue that I can't find where to address... If you have any idea I'd be thankful.

Dotpitch

« Reply #267 on: 30 Jan '14 - 21:28 »
@dotpitch: "Windows should try both interfaces"... maybe should, but doesn't. other program have issues aswell.
Ok, so it seems it's really a Windows issue, not specific for XMPlay.
Does the internal network have a DNS server at all? You can check this in the Network and Sharing Ceter (status > details). Does the internal network have a higher bandwidth than the external one (i.e. 1 Gb/s vs 100 Mb/s)?

piovrauz

« Reply #268 on: 30 Jan '14 - 21:45 »
well, since you asked, I will haunt you... XD
net 1 is wireless, 150N, DNS (from the AP, so ISP ones right now), with inet, shared.
net 2 is wired, 1Gbit, DNS (10.42.0.x from the "server" on that), no inet.
I usually use net 1, but when I enable eth 2, I lose inet. I can still browse both networks.
That's it.

Dotpitch

« Reply #269 on: 31 Jan '14 - 06:35 »
It could be that Windows only asks your internal DNS server, which responds it doesn't know the IP associated with the stream address (since it's not connected to the internet). Could you try changing the binding order of the adapters?

piovrauz

« Reply #270 on: 31 Jan '14 - 08:03 »
Eh, I think I already fiddled with that, but this ppost is somewhat different. I'll check it as soon I have a time.
Funny thing is that if I can make it work on linux effortlessy. XD

EDIT: nope, I remembered right, it was already set like that, but no joy... strange.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan '14 - 19:39 by piovrauz »