Author Topic: Position reporting using a mixer in paused state  (Read 700 times)

3delite

Hi!

I use BASS_Mixer_ChannelGetPositionEx() to display a numerical string and a trackbar's position about where the playback is currently.
If I pause the playback with BASS_Mixer_ChannelFlags(Channel, BASS_MIXER_PAUSE, BASS_MIXER_PAUSE);
then everything is fine the position string and the trackbar stops and displays the position where the pause happened.
The problem is that if I move the trackbar and issue a BASS_ChannelSetPosition() on the mixer source channel, while in paused state, the position display string and the trackbar doesn't update, although if I unpause the playback the playback continues from the new position.

Is there a way to have a correct position display while changing position of a mixer source channel in paused mode?

Thank you!

EDIT: Forgot to say that the source channel is splitted 2 ways and I am displaying the splitter's position which are plugged into a mixer.

« Last Edit: 28 Apr '13 - 22:04 by 3delite »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Position reporting using a mixer in paused state
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr '13 - 16:49 »
Please try using BASS_Mixer_ChannelSetPosition instead of BASS_ChannelSetPosition. If you use BASS_ChannelSetPosition, the mixer won't know about the new position until it next processes the source, which won't be until it is un-paused. If it still gives you trouble after that, please post the basic code required to produce the problem.

3delite

Re: Position reporting using a mixer in paused state
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr '13 - 17:14 »
Ok. Thank you! Seems working fine.