Author Topic: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 125708 times)

Dotpitch

Re: Adobe X Un4seen
« Reply #400 on: 28 May '16 - 17:08 »
May it be possible to be a problem with an external plugin?
Well, does it also happen with a vanilla XMPlay, i.e. one without any plugins?

saga

Re: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #401 on: 17 Jul '16 - 23:19 »
Not sure if this is a bug or wanted behaviour, but the priority filetypes are ignored when scanning files. So when inserting some file into the playlist for the first time, the metadata is extracted using whatever plugin comes  first, and not using the plugin which would normally be used for playback. The "Rescan" action is also affected by this.
This can make a difference e.g. when having both the xmp-openmpt and xmp-libxmp plugins installed - xmp-libxmp comes first, so it's always used for scanning files supported by both plugins. libxmp does not provide artist information, so this information is missing from the library entry until you play the file with xmp-openmpt.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul '16 - 14:12 by saga »

saga

« Reply #402 on: 4 Aug '16 - 14:02 »
Seems like XMPlay really doesn't like 23.4 impulse power... after the previous vblank troubles I just realized that that I have been listening to this track for 10 minutes, despite loop being disabled in XMPlay... ;D I guess XMPlay is a bit confused when jumping back to order 1, row 0, because on the first play row 0 is not played. So as a result, it never fades out the track and keeps playing endlessly.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: 8 Aug '16 - 17:28 »
Not sure if this is a bug or wanted behaviour, but the priority filetypes are ignored when scanning files. So when inserting some file into the playlist for the first time, the metadata is extracted using whatever plugin comes  first, and not using the plugin which would normally be used for playback. The "Rescan" action is also affected by this.
This can make a difference e.g. when having both the xmp-openmpt and xmp-libxmp plugins installed - xmp-libxmp comes first, so it's always used for scanning files supported by both plugins. libxmp does not provide artist information, so this information is missing from the library entry until you play the file with xmp-openmpt.

That is indeed currently the case. Here's an update that should honour the priority settings of native plugins (but not Winamp plugins) when scanning file info:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Let me know if there's still a problem.

Seems like XMPlay really doesn't like 23.4 impulse power... after the previous vblank troubles I just realized that that I have been listening to this track for 10 minutes, despite loop being disabled in XMPlay... ;D I guess XMPlay is a bit confused when jumping back to order 1, row 0, because on the first play row 0 is not played. So as a result, it never fades out the track and keeps playing endlessly.

Yep, that does seem to be what's happening. As I'm sure you know, loop detection is tricky to get working well for all MOD files; when you tweak things for one file, it could break things for other files. I will have another look at that stuff when I'm in need of a headache ;D

saga

« Reply #404 on: 9 Aug '16 - 17:26 »
Let me know if there's still a problem.
Seems to work just fine!

Yep, that does seem to be what's happening. As I'm sure you know, loop detection is tricky to get working well for all MOD files; when you tweak things for one file, it could break things for other files. I will have another look at that stuff when I'm in need of a headache ;D
That sounds reasonable ;D

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #405 on: 11 Aug '16 - 15:24 »
Let me know if you happen to encounter any other files that aren't detected properly in the meantime. Having more troublesome files to test with should (hopefully :)) result in a better solution.

raina

« Reply #406 on: 15 Aug '16 - 12:26 »
64th Note 1.2 Beta 3 (in_usf.dll) crashes when trying to close the settings dialog via the OK button. So settings can't be changed. Tested with the latest stuff version and a plethora of plugins as well as with the official 3.8 package, on Win10 Pro x64.

Rittmeister

« Reply #407 on: 21 Aug '16 - 06:09 »
This 42 minutes long mp3 file stops playing after 3 minutes 20 seconds!
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/sGRsXEQh/file.html

The last thing that is said before the break is:
"behind this comes the very storm of Mordor. It will be a black Night." STOPS PLAYING, skips to next file in playlist!!!

It works without this problem in Winamp!

You may say it's a bug in the mp3 file, and you might be right. But I still consider it a bug if that is the case, because it works in Winamp.
It's quite annoying to discover this, because it creates an uncertainty. I cant use XMplay to listen to audiobooks anymore in fear it might skip other parts of the story as well without me noticing it.

I examined the file with the tool MP3diags. It definitely has a bunch of errors, but I have no clue how to fix it (other than playing it live and record the whole 42mins in Audition).
http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/
« Last Edit: 22 Aug '16 - 03:46 by Rittmeister »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #408 on: 2 Sep '16 - 12:53 »
The problem is that the sample rate changes from 22050 Hz to 24000 Hz at that point in the file (it also switches back to 22050 Hz later on). I don't know why it does that. I can only guess that the audio book was recorded in multiple parts which were then joined together, and they used the wrong sample rate when recording the middle part(s). XMPlay will stop playing an MP3 file when the sample format changes (because it shouldn't happen). Winamp doesn't do that, but if you listen closely, you can hear the reader's voice gets deeper after that point because it's playing slower than it should.

kakuyoshi

« Reply #409 on: 5 Sep '16 - 05:16 »
Cue Sheet of Unicode(Unicode-BOM)
I cannot read it, do you cope?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: 5 Sep '16 - 12:52 »
Please upload a file that you are having trouble with to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

kakuyoshi

« Reply #411 on: 5 Sep '16 - 14:41 »
I uploaded the file.

I upload a file of cuesheet for sense
I do it.
http://hirahi.webcrow.jp/archive/cuesheet.7z

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: 6 Sep '16 - 13:31 »
Thanks. Here is an update that should add support for your CUE file and others like it:

kakuyoshi

« Reply #413 on: 6 Sep '16 - 15:07 »
Thank you for correspondence.
I confirmed that I added it to a playlist and reproduced.

saga

« Reply #414 on: 27 Sep '16 - 13:57 »
I uploaded an MP3 file to your FTP, Airwave - Lightspeed.mp3, which has a noise burst at the start when played with XMPlay, but it's e.g. not there when using Wavelab's MP3 decoder or mp3DirectCut (so I cannot even remove it myself very easily ;D). Maybe it's a somewhat broken MP3 file, but maybe there's something that can be done about it in XMPlay?

xaos

« Reply #415 on: 3 Oct '16 - 01:31 »
v 3.8.2.9
Adjusting pan separation while there is no track loaded causes a crash. Occurs in the options and stuff > Mod pane also. All others seem to be fine.

.. to reproduce, start a track, unload the track by pressing stop twice, (or just unload whatever track may have been loaded or playing), attempt to adjust pan separation.

piovrauz

« Reply #416 on: 3 Oct '16 - 21:34 »
I can confirm the "pan separation" bug with XMPlay build 3.8.2.13  too.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #417 on: 4 Oct '16 - 13:27 »
I uploaded an MP3 file to your FTP, Airwave - Lightspeed.mp3, which has a noise burst at the start when played with XMPlay, but it's e.g. not there when using Wavelab's MP3 decoder or mp3DirectCut (so I cannot even remove it myself very easily ;D). Maybe it's a somewhat broken MP3 file, but maybe there's something that can be done about it in XMPlay?

It looks like the noise is caused by high gain values in a frame at the start of the file. Some MP3 decoders (eg. Winamp/Windows decoder) appear to be muting frames with a high gain, while others (eg. XMPlay/LAME/VLC) just decode the frame normally. Here's an XMPlay update that will mute:

It doesn't appear to be muting anything that it shouldn't be in my tests so far, but let me know if you hear that happening with any of your MP3 files.

v 3.8.2.9
Adjusting pan separation while there is no track loaded causes a crash. Occurs in the options and stuff > Mod pane also. All others seem to be fine.

.. to reproduce, start a track, unload the track by pressing stop twice, (or just unload whatever track may have been loaded or playing), attempt to adjust pan separation.

Oops! That's fixed in the update above.

saga

« Reply #418 on: 5 Oct '16 - 15:00 »
It doesn't appear to be muting anything that it shouldn't be in my tests so far, but let me know if you hear that happening with any of your MP3 files.
Thanks, it works perfectly so far!

saga

« Reply #419 on: 28 Oct '16 - 16:03 »
Something seems to be wrong when copying song info from streams (at least this particular one, ah.fm), as the copied information is incomplete:
Code: [Select]
Name AH.FM - Leading Trance Radio
Genre Electronic
Url http://www.AH.FM

Track pulsar - lost in psy 004 on AH.FM 28-10-2016

Recent tracks:
< 50:35 Grab our Premium via www.ah.fm/premium
< 48:35 pulsar - lost in psy 004 on AH.FM 28-10-2016
< 36:34 Grab our Premium via www.ah.fm/premium
Is what's in the clipboard. And this is what's actually displayed on the message tab:

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #420 on: 31 Oct '16 - 17:13 »
That's strange. Does it always get cut off at the end of a line, or is it sometimes mid-line, eg. after a particular total number of characters? Is it only happening when playing that particular stream, and does it happen every time you play it? I will give it a try myself to see if I can reproduce it.

saga

« Reply #421 on: 31 Oct '16 - 17:31 »
I haven't tried it since, but I will check if I can reproduce it again.

Sasha

« Reply #422 on: 21 Nov '16 - 22:58 »
XMPlay v3.8.2.0 crash when scaning folder for media(subfolders contain audio and video files).When I selected only subfolders with audio files
software didn't crash.Winamp,Real Player and Media Monkey never complained about scaning all subfolders/unsupported media types.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: 22 Nov '16 - 16:50 »
First check if you can reproduce the problem with the latest build, which you can get from here:

If the crash does happen with that too, does XMPlay display a message that says what file/plugin it happened with? Otherwise, please provide a dump file from the crash. You can generate a dump file using the ProcDump tool. For example, run "procdump -e -ma -x . xmplay.exe". Then ZIP and upload the generated dump file to have a look at here:

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Sasha

« Reply #424 on: 23 Nov '16 - 00:11 »

I am not shure was there a message about what file/plugin caused problem
in moment of crash,but error message appeared in a moment of starting/
booting xmplay.exe again(I didn't save screenshot.We can recreate error with old build,again)and I couldn't start software again until I deleted file

xmplay.library

and selected 10 audio subfolders only for scanning.XMPlay recreated new,healthy file xmplay.library and continued to work normally after that.
There are logs about error saved in Event Viewer(all 7-Event ID:1000):

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          17-Nov-16 01:36:23
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      PC-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: xmplay.exe, version: 3.8.2.0, time stamp: 0x56796f77
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x80900000
Faulting process id: 0xaa8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2406a9f6ff363
Faulting application path: D:\Un4seen Developments Ltd\XMPlay\xmplay.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: dd4a1e3b-ac5d-11e6-beb7-d43d7efe8a52
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-11-17T00:36:23.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>24736</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>xmplay.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.8.2.0</Data>
    <Data>56796f77</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>80900000</Data>
    <Data>aa8</Data>
    <Data>01d2406a9f6ff363</Data>
    <Data>D:\Un4seen Developments Ltd\XMPlay\xmplay.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>dd4a1e3b-ac5d-11e6-beb7-d43d7efe8a52</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Thanks for your new build v3.8.2.15. and congrats!It solved the problem.
I deleted selected 10 audio subfolders for scanning,and selected only 1 Media folder(including all files,videos,too).There was no new crash,no need for providing a dump file from the crash.
XMPlay is now even more perfect.