Author Topic: 1000 reward for working video plugin  (Read 1083 times)

smoodilo

1000 reward for working video plugin
« on: 6 Feb '14 - 19:06 »
Hi all,

I have been waiting for many many years for a plain and simple working video plugin. And since up to now every attempt seems to fail, I am hoping that some financial stimulance will trigger a good programmer to try and build a decent plugin.

My needs are simple:

- vb.net video plugin for bass
- play video's of multiple formats (avi and mp4 in my case)
- play audio and video synchronized(!)
- possibility to output video to a window on a second screen/monitor.
- Play videos that are loaded with Bass_Streamcreate (so stream files from a remote server).

This is basically all I need. I am sure there are many others that want more functionality. But if we first focus on these basic things without the fancy stuff we can build on it from there.

It's 2014, and playing a video is just basic stuff by now.
It's time someone serious and dedicated gets involved.
Together we can make this work (I hope).

I really, really, need this.

If anybody else is willing to sponsor, then please +1 this post.

saga

Re: 1000 reward for working video plugin
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb '14 - 20:41 »
1000 is not a lot of money for this task, it's probably by far not enough to cover the man-hours that would go into such a plugin. If all this video stuff was as basic as you depict it, there would be hundreds of video playing libraries out there.

SoundMike

« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb '14 - 00:43 »
Definitely +1 from me, although my requirements are somewhat different. I need:

• Video plugin supplied as a DLL that I can use from a PureBasic program. If the DLL is suitable for VB6 or C++ I should be able to get it to work with PureBasic.
  • Play videos of multiple formats (at least avi, mp4, wmv and mpg, although I'm willing to sacrifice mpg if necessary as that seems to be the most problematic format).
  • Play audio and video synchronized
  • Definitely need to play video to a nominated windows control so I can display this on a preview panel or on any nominated secondary screen
  • Display a second copy of the video image so it can be displayed in a small monitor window
  • Play audio to a selected audio output device - or via BASS
  • Fade-in and fade-out videos (and audio)
  • Resize and reposition video image
  • Capture and display video from a video camera
  • Stream multiple videos together to provide a seamless transition between videos, preferably with option to cross-fade image and sound

xVideo provides most of the above and I have this implemented in my program. But there are some limitations, particularly regarding camera usage and handling multiple videos back-to-back seamlessly.

Yes, I would be willing to contribute money if all of the above is provided and if the product has ongoing support. However, I've already purchased two separate versions of xVideo, so I'm reluctant to shell out more cash unless I am convinced the new product does everything I need, and is stable.

smoodilo

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb '14 - 07:48 »
1000 is not a lot of money for this task, it's probably by far not enough to cover the man-hours that would go into such a plugin. If all this video stuff was as basic as you depict it, there would be hundreds of video playing libraries out there.

I am very aware of that. It's a small fee to get this project started and it's the best I can do. I am hoping other people are willing to contribute (as a kind of fund-raising project). And of course the product can be sold by the builder once a decent version is available.