Author Topic: No sound in Acer motherboards?  (Read 597 times)

joscplan

No sound in Acer motherboards?
« on: 3 Mar '14 - 22:05 »
Hello i'm developing an application, the problem is that some of the people that are helping me test it report that there is no sound from my application. the way I'm approaching to reproduce .wav files is the following:

Code: [Select]
return Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFile(path, 0, 0, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT);

Bass.BASS_Init(1, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);
stream1 = Foo.GetStream1(path1.Text);

Bass.BASS_ChannelSetAttribute(stream1, BASSAttribute.BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, vol);
                        Bass.BASS_ChannelPlay(stream1, true);

Is there some extra configuration I'm missing? what I've noticed is that it just happens with Acer notebooks, I don't have a clue on what to actually check in order to know exactly why this is happening.

In the majority of PCs I've tested my app it seems to work except on Acer ones.

Thanks!

Chris

Re: No sound in Acer motherboards?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar '14 - 09:55 »
Just Place a BASS_ERRORGetCode() Call So that make thinks more clearer what is going wrong

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: No sound in Acer motherboards?
« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar '14 - 16:46 »
Code: [Select]
Bass.BASS_Init(1, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);

Device number 1 will usually be the default device, but if you want to be certain that the default device is used, you should request device number -1 in your BASS_Init call instead. If there is still not sound, to check whether the problem is something specific to your software or more general, please send the affected users one of the pre-compiled examples included in the BASS package (C\BIN folder) for them to try.