Author Topic: <Android> How can i use bass with android studio  (Read 3688 times)

krypt

Hi,
I'm planning to use bass in an android project and i want to know first, is it possible to use bass with android studio?
and if it is possible, can someone get me started on how to add bass to my project and how to play a file?
i just need a simple example to get me started...
i have use bass sucessfully on windows in the past so i have a good knowledge of bass but little of android...

krypt

Re: <Android> How can i use bass with android studio
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar '14 - 14:14 »
Finally i've been able to set bass to work on eclipse ... thanks anyway

pengsongbai

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun '14 - 06:18 »
1 mkdir lib, then, copy armeabi to lib, the tree should bee lib/armeeabi/libbass.so
2 zip lib directory: $zip -r libbass.zip lib
3 rename: $mv libbass.zip libbass.jar
4 copy libbass.jar to YourProject/Youproject/src/main/libs, "YourProject/Youproject/src/main/" includes AndroidManifests.xml, res, java, libs
5 add this line:
compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar')
 to your build.gradle---->dependencies

Good luck!

Oleg N

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar '15 - 09:33 »
Pengsongbai,
Any update/tips on adding BASS to Android Studio project?
Done everything as You described, but a lot changed in Android Studio setup since that time, seems the line "compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar')" isn't valid anymore:
Code: [Select]
Error:(7, 0) Gradle DSL method not found: 'compile()'
Possible causes:<ul><li>The project 'netradio' may be using a version of Gradle that does not contain the method.

Oleg N

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar '15 - 11:32 »
Guys, whoever has tips on how to setup BASS lib on current version of Android Studio, please help!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar '15 - 17:19 »
I haven't really used Android Studio myself yet, but I just imported a BASS example Eclipse project, and from the imported project's structure, it looks like the BASS "src" folder contents should go in the project's "src/main/java" folder and the BASS "libs" folder contents should go in the project's "src/main/jniLibs" folder.

francis57

« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep '16 - 22:23 »
Hi,
although I got this project structure src/main/jniLibs/libs/armeabi, src/main/jniLibs/libs/armeabi-v7a,src/main/jniLibs/libs/x86 I get the error:
...[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]] couldn't find "libbass.so"
with Android Studio 2.1.3 July 2016

I used the same library libbass.so successfully with Firmonkey Delphi Seattle in Windows IDE for an Android App.
Regards Francis
« Last Edit: 8 Sep '16 - 07:42 by francis57 »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep '16 - 13:35 »
To clarify, when I said "the BASS libs folder contents should go in the project's src/main/jniLibs folder", I meant that the stuff inside the BASS package's "libs" folder (not the "libs" folder itself) should go in the project's "src/main/jniLibs" folder. So you end up with "src/main/jniLibs/armeabi", etc.