Author Topic: CDex player help here?  (Read 3839 times)

Philidor11

CDex player help here?
« on: 9 Dec '02 - 23:05 »
I can't get the CDex player to work on either the 1.40 release or the 1.5 beta.  I think it's because the player is using something from WinAmp.  I left a request for help on the forum, but no reply.
Does anyone else here have CDex?  If so, and you've been able to get the player to work, I'd appreciate knowing how.  Making sure I'm ripping the right track is useful.
Thanks.

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
Re: CDex player help here?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec '02 - 04:02 »
Well not exactly my area since I use EAC, but from what I gather CDex play is started from Tools >> Play Files. And does not have an in-built decoder for anything so if you have not in_mp3 plugin, it can't even play mp3's.

How exactly does'nt it work? (you do have some winamp plugins? in_mp3 and in_vorbis come with CDex so you should have those.)

Philidor11

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec '02 - 10:42 »
Thanks for answering.
CDex will read the tracks from a CD and should play any selected track using Tools or clicks.  I can open an mp3 by selecting 'mp3 to wav' and going to the file.  Once listed, it should play the same way.
Nothing happens when I try to play an mp3 or track.  The seconds advance, but no sound.
It's possible this is a Windows XP problem.  I can't use the 1.5 beta because the program says I don't have the right ASPI drivers.  The 1.4 release works, finds the drivers.  According to the forum at CDex somebody else has the same problem with XP and 1.5.
Because 1.4 does rip, I was hoping it would play also, that maybe there was a plug-in that would work.  If somebody here could play with 1.4 and a different Windows version, but the plug-in didn't work for me, then at least I'd be sure it was a Windows XP/CDex problem.
Thanks again for thinking about this.

Pike84

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec '02 - 22:28 »
I use CDex, but just for ripping and converting.. Why do you want to play stuff with CDex? Is it so hard to use a player like Xmplay for example?

Philidor11

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec '02 - 23:14 »
I do use CDex just for ripping.  I don't rip the whole CD, just some tracks.  If there are two allegros in a concerto and I want to keep one, I play a bit to make sure I have the right one.  Also, while CDex is open, I check to be sure I set the rate high enough to make the rip sound good.  Okay?
Anyway, I got the solution at the CDex forum.  I thought that because the 1.40 version worked I had the right ASPI drivers.  Turns out I didn't, using the aspichk program that downloads with the drivers on the adaptec site.
I installed the drivers, rebooted, and the player worked.
All is well.
Thanks all for your interest.

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec '02 - 23:44 »
Ok, I see. Nice you got it solved :)