Author Topic: Two things I'm still waiting on. :)  (Read 4481 times)

Zarggg

Two things I'm still waiting on. :)
« on: 11 Oct '02 - 06:21 »
Okay, first of all, if I had even the first clue on how to do about doing these, I would... So "go do it yourself!" is not a valid response. :laugh:

First, of course, is a simple, single-channel, no additives or preservatives scope.  The ones for sonique are cute to look at, but not when I actually just want to see the oscilliscope for the file.  Sometimes I'm interested in these technical things you know. ;D

The second one is something I just thought about tonight.  Would someone be able to make a Vintage (version 1.7x) Skin for XMPlay?  I tried seeing how the kit works, and it's over my head at the moment.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Two things I'm still waiting on. :)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct '02 - 13:38 »
First, of course, is a simple, single-channel, no additives or preservatives scope.  The ones for sonique are cute to look at, but not when I actually just want to see the oscilliscope for the file.  Sometimes I'm interested in these technical things you know. ;D

If you've not already tried it, here's quite a nice little scope plugin...
http://home.iprimus.com.au/seanhindley/Help/Visuals_Files/Scope.zip

The second one is something I just thought about tonight.  Would someone be able to make a Vintage (version 1.7x) Skin for XMPlay?  I tried seeing how the kit works, and it's over my head at the moment.

I don't see it being possible - XMPlay skinning is fairly flexible, but not that flexible ;D

Redgemz

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct '02 - 17:00 »
I agree with Alpha. The old GUI rocked the pants off of anything out at the time, and most everything out now. I'll be working on making a skin similar to vintage one, but I suck at skinning, and I haven't started yet, so it will be a while. Also, getting the spectrum to show up in the player rather than a visal window will be not easy, or impossible. Equally hard would be the colour-customizing ability.
I would appreciate it if anyone has any pics of XMplay1.7 in its default colour scheme.
Any ideas? Keep in mind that I have almost no idea what I am doing :P
Oh, and if anyone feels that they could do a better job at it, they probably can. Go ahead and do it, and I'll be happy.

Fraggie

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct '02 - 17:27 »
Vintage? What does it mean?

Zarggg

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct '02 - 17:31 »
Ian, I don't mean looking exactly like it, just the general feel and color schemes for the default. :)

Zarggg

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct '02 - 17:36 »
If you've not already tried it, here's quite a nice little scope plugin...
http://home.iprimus.com.au/seanhindley/Help/Visuals_Files/Scope.zip

That's one of the ones I was talking about.  It looks good, but sometimes the dual channels get mixed up, and it adds effects like blurring and fishbowl. :)

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct '02 - 18:32 »
The Nad Plugin by Mykel is about as simple as you can get, without someone writing a new one, though I suppose a inbuilt visual ala the spectrum analyser would'nt be a bad idea.

http://www.cascadence.com/sonique/nad.htm

and you can get a bitmap of XMPlay 1.7 default colour scheme here (won't be up long).

XMPlay 1.7 Colour Scheme Zip

Brightguy

« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct '02 - 08:20 »
Well, I'm actually trying to make a Vintage skin.  So far it's actually coming along pretty good - but it will obviously be quite different from the original...  now that so many options have changed.  

It will be impossible to have the spectrum show up in the player, and of course so will the colour changing.  Even small details like having the volume/position control in minimized mode will be impossible...

So changing a few buttons here and there; I was able to create a fairly similar-looking skin, I just have to finish some panels and the info window.  And the playlist/options panels will appear below the main panel, and like the Blue skin, they will have to be fixed.  (i.e. cannot be resized/closed)  That's the only way I can think of to keep the same look to it, but if anyone has any suggestions...

And a question(s):
Which fonts does the Vintage skin use, and does anyone know how to get the that blue/greenish colour when the buttons are 'lit' up?  I was fooling around with the scaler numbers but couldn't find that colour... :)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct '02 - 15:04 »

And a question(s):
Which fonts does the Vintage skin use, and does anyone know how to get the that blue/greenish colour when the buttons are 'lit' up?  I was fooling around with the scaler numbers but couldn't find that colour... :)

The font is Arial (can't remember exact size). The blue/green colour is 00FFE5, but it won't be possible to scale to that from the yellow colour (BFBF00) as the blue component is 0, so will always be 0 no matter what scaler. I guess you could add a bit of blue to the yellow.

Still, it'll be interesting to see what's possible :)

Ralesk

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct '02 - 17:14 »
10FFE5 or even 20FFE5 shouldn't hurt anyone.

Brightguy

« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct '02 - 05:10 »
Well, the Vintage skin is nearly complete now, but I do have a slight problem...

To get the panels to stay fixed, for both panel offsets and margins I used the values 173 and -3.  But when XMPlay is closed down in this skin, it sets XMPlay's value of PanelPos to fffffffd (4294967293 decimal).  And next time XMPlay starts up, you get a message
"XMPLAY caused an invalid page fault in module XMPLAY.EXE at 017f:0044114b."

Then I have to delete the PanalPos value before XMPlay will start up again.  Anything I can do to avoid this problem?  Use different values for the offsets/margins?

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #11 on: 20 Oct '02 - 05:17 »
I accidentally did that too, as far as I know Ian fixed that little problem up now.  ;)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct '02 - 14:09 »
Yep, that should not cause a crash anymore (in the next release), but it should not be necessary to use a negative margin/offset position. If you want to send the skin files, I'll take a look.