Author Topic: 3D Spectrum as VST plugin?  (Read 8883 times)

saga

3D Spectrum as VST plugin?
« on: 17 Jun '08 - 22:15 »
Hi,
I know that there are several "normal" spectrum analyzers available as VST plugins which can be used in your VST host to control the sound that's created by the host. However, I really got used to the more detailed 3D Spectrum from BASS/XMplay and i'd really love to use this "live" while composing in MPT, too. I haven't found a 3D Spectrum VST yet, so I'm asking if anyone here is able to program something like that, probably based on BASS.DLL. Ian? :)

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
Re: 3D Spectrum as VST plugin?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul '08 - 09:52 »
1. Download BASS.
2. Extract whole package anywhere.
3. Copy bass.dll from the root of the package into .\c\bin.
4. Run livespec.exe, click twice on the window.
5. Set your Windows recording device to Stereo Mix if you haven't done already.
6. Enjoy.

Note: this has been there for years. :)
« Last Edit: 18 Jul '08 - 09:55 by Rah'Dick »

saga

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul '08 - 19:02 »
i know about the possibility to use external applications (have been using WaveLab for "2d" spectrums), but I think a 3d spectrum VST would definitely be kick-ass since you can just put it on some channels (else, you have to mute all channels in your app)...

xdiegool

saga

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul '12 - 14:20 »
Did you realize that this thread is four years old? In the meantime I have already found a good 3D spectrum VST plugin called Sonogram SG-1.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul '12 - 23:42 by saga »

SpectralHolomatrix

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct '15 - 14:11 »
I was just looking for a plug-in that does this, too, and came across your old thread here. There seem to be some good ones out there now at fairly low cost that actually do what we want. Here's a recent one from Vengeance-Sound called 'Sonogram' that caught my eye. It's not exactly free, as you have to already be a customer of theirs to get it.

http://www.vengeance-sound.com/freebies.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQzolj5gtOg

Anybody know of some freeware that does the same thing as well or better, with real time 3D imaging of harmonic spectrum vs. amplitude vs. time? The finer grained the better.

SpectralHolomatrix

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct '15 - 14:15 »
Oops! Correction on the name of that plug-in from Vengeance Sound. It's called 'Scope'.

saga

« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct '15 - 15:06 »
Sonogram SG-1 is free and surely looks better. That 3D landscape mode thing just looks confusing to me.
As said, this thread is already solved, I don't need any more suggestions.